It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernova about to give Earth a second sun.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Apparently, you are history, too... or a time traveller. You made the post in 2011 and edited it 900 year ago!

On topic, I hope, too that we will be able to witness such a consciousness-expanding spectacle in our lifetime. Chances aren't high, though...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It would be great if it did go in our lifetime. Truly a once in a life time thing to witness. I like Orion as it is but if it were to go(it probably already has) it would be amazing for the astro imagers amongst us.
Apparently, it's also shrunk in diameter by 15% in the last 16 years and some believe this is the start of its gravitational collapse.
Don't really know what the normal rate for that is though for comparison.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I`ve been saying that on my thread a week and a half ago and was hassled thankyou ,star and flag, wait for the shockwave www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

LOL! - Good catch, that is very weird, all of his edits show the year 1111. But here is the real conspiracy..... - Your Username is Alexander1111. Tis you who is the time traveler here messing with our dates

I really would not like to be around to experience something like this, but I honestly don't believe I will experience it in my lifetime. The time frame they are giving is really a thumb suck. Could happen now, or in a million years??? Just look at how we have progressed in the last 100 years. If we don't wipe ourselves out in the next few hundred years, I'm sure we'll have the tech to deal with this by then.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Damn, you caught me!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Witnessing two suns in the sky is an omen of change. Great change. It is coming.

BTW, this is a cover story.

edit on 19-1-2011 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I had a dream about living in a world with two suns... one was the regular sun, and the other was a slightly smaller blueish sun.. kind of a blue pulse around a white light.. almost looked like a distant object on its way to earth.

Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Great pic of the star size comparisons...

now here is the video version of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
According to some scientist the star Betelgeuse is going to supernova and become another star in our sky, turning night into day. From this article is says that we may see this even happen before 2012 or in 2012. After reading this article and did a little digging around on the internet I have come up with a theory I think is pretty interesting.

2012 on the Mayan calender either means destruction or a change for our world. If the event is for the better of our world perhaps this supernova is part of the prediction. In the article "Dr Cater" says that Neutrinos are important to earth as it would provide our world with elements needed for survival and continuity. I did some research into this and apparently supernovas create heavy elements such and gold and palladium it could also in rare cases create new elements.

I am not much of a science major so most of the finer points of this process is lost to me but from what I understand is that there are a few different processes to how these elements are produced but the one I want to look at is S-process which Is the slow capture of neutrinos to form elements.

This brings me to the next part science.nasa.gov... according to nasa our ancestors "Australopithecus"
may have witnessed supernovas in our area of space, back in those days supernovas where a common occurrence. Now looking at the S-process for creating elements could it be possible that over the years these supernovas happened throughout the history of human evolution that these neutrinos slowly helped us to evolve into what we are today? Neutrinos may pass through us and be harmless but does that mean they do not change us? With a supernova as close to us as Betelgeuse could the Mayan calender have predicted the next evolution in human history? from what I have read neutrinos are created by background radiation and even from our earth? Perhaps only neutrinos from supernovas are effective for evolution. Not saying we are going to physically change and become beings of energy but perhaps our off spring will have more intelligence, use more our their brain power and even be wiser on how to create our world.

Would like to hear from the brainiacs in the ATS community or those that know the science of the stars an other phenomenon.

Resources:

www.news.com.au... 09247

www.crystalinks.com...
science.nasa.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Just for informations sake, the Crab nebula or M1 was formed from a supernova that was bright enough to be seen in the daylight for 23 days and supposedly so bright at night you could read from the light it gave off.
This occured back in 1054 and was widely documented at the time.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also in 1604 there was the last supernova to be observed that occured in our galaxy. It was also visible in the day for over 3 weeks.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-1-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

very nice, I hope this happens in my lifetime would be interesting to view.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The second biggest star in the universe is losing mass, a typical indication that a gravitation collapse is occurring.

I remember reading about Betelgeuse losing mass a couple of years ago. It is very interesting, but the quote above kind of set off my radar. It is not the second largest star in the Universe. It is barely in the top 10, and it is less than half the size of the largest "known" star in the Universe. On top of that it, most of the stars in the Universe have not been measured for size. The author should have been more careful with this description, because it makes his facts and credibility a little bit suspect.

Wiki Linki

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It will seem extra bright for some time. Are there any prophecies related to this from any region or is this unspoken of. Also the LGRB would be the main danger if aimed towards Earth.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate2012
I think if this explodes it would be the "Blue Star"

And I have a theory due to some research as to when this might actually explode!

This is the star of Wormwood!
edit on 19-1-2011 by Stargate2012 because: (no reason given)

The "Blue Star" you are referring to comes and goes... part of a cycle. A star only goes supernova once. If there's anything left, a white dwarf remains, glowing softly as it cools over another few million years.

The blue star is more likely a long period comet.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Previous articles I have read indicate that everything dangerous will be directed away from the Earth. Something to do with the poles of the star. Apparently there is very little to no danger associated with this, although I am uncomfortable with a star this large and this close and the possibility for a black hole to form.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
if this does happen in my time hope gamma ray burst wont be aimed at earth or we are toast!!!

or if it collapse into a black hole no good either...

edit on 19-1-2011 by SpunGCake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

edit on 19/1/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EasternStranger

Neutrinos are massless, unreactive particles that travel close to the speed of light. There are billions of them passing through each of us right now. Did he say how neutrinos were vital to the earth? Because it seems like he's chatting ****
edit on 19/1/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
no one said it was GOING to happen on the next week,it COULD happen any second,in ten minutes or in ten million years.(ok probably not 10 million,the star wouldnt survive that long,its a red supergiant)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join