It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernova about to give Earth a second sun.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Good post, found nowhere else on the net...yet anyway. Many positive thanks for the OP.

Anyway, at the risk of completely exposing myself and beliefs, I am at a complete loss to comprehend this article.

First: Where is NASA in all this hoopla?
Second: Where are SETI and JPL?

I mean, if this stuff were real...doncha all think that NASA or one of their scientists would have made a comment about this event? How about some indication or photograph from Hubble? All we get is silence.

In fact, from what I have studied all over the web for about a decade or more, this particular article speaks of the truth, although the reason "for a second sun" is complete bullsh**, the likelihood is all too real.

Let me explain: The quakes, floods, weird weather, bird/fish deaths etc...are all RELATED events...a conclusion that the lamestream media is going full tilt to obfuscate and distract the citizens.

The cause, IMHO is magnetic influences on Earth, twisting and torquing our planet to CAUSE plate tectonic movements...to wit: quakes, floods in the China Sea...and methane gas exposure killing fish/fowl/octopi.

Let me point out: The plate movements along known fault lines and methane escaping into the atmosphere/water is the only REASONABLE explanation that takes into account ALL weird phenom NOW taking place all over the globe.

When you see that "second sun" it will be too late...

I am not talking survival or revolution...just pointing out that the half-truth displayed in this article is to be understood. There will be a second sun sighting...after california quakes, new madrid quakes, etc...and when you see it...begin to express all the love you possess and comfort your loved ones and family to understand that although we have been lied to about the cause of the second sun, now that it is here...deal with it.

Thanks for allowing me to post on this thread, and with all due respect to all those posters here and elsewhere on this forum, please allow me to maintain my sanity and flame retardant suit...

May G-d bless you and yours...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Previous articles I have read indicate that everything dangerous will be directed away from the Earth. Something to do with the poles of the star. Apparently there is very little to no danger associated with this, although I am uncomfortable with a star this large and this close and the possibility for a black hole to form.

The gamma ray bursts from supernovae shoot from the poles of a star. Since the poles of this star are pointed away from us, there isn't really a threat from it. There are others that are pointed in our direction, so if/when they go, we could be in danger, but it's not likely any of those (that we know about) are presently ready to pop. Certainly not like Betelgeuse.

The possibility that it might form a black hole is likewise nothing to worry about. A black hole that it might leave behind would only be of about 20 solar masses, which means it would have significantly less gravity than the star currently has, now. A black hole doesn't suddenly have more gravity than the star that preceded it, in fact it always has quite a bit less because much of the star gets blown away in the supernova explosion. The black hole, itself, is infinitely small - it has no size. What it would have is a gravity well as strong as 20 of our own suns, but since it is so far away, that won't affect us at all.

Originally posted by EdWard54

I mean, if this stuff were real...doncha all think that NASA or one of their scientists would have made a comment about this event? How about some indication or photograph from Hubble? All we get is silence.

NASA has been studying this star for years. In fact, here is a picture of Betelgeuse taken by Hubble. There is no comment about "the event" because there hasn't been an event. If it does happen in our lifetimes, we'll all see it and I'm quite certain NASA will comment on it then, if only to calm people down so they don't think the world is ending (no, it won't be). It would be silly for them to start getting people ginned up about something that might not happen for a million years, anyway. That would just be a silly waste of time and valuable energy.

SETI isn't involved because SETI is looking for evidence of alien civilizations. This has nothing to do with their purpose.

JPL is a part of NASA.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Heres something interesting

When searching "betelgeuse to go supernovae" on Google News, this result appears...

Great Hunter Orion Now Looms Large in the Night Sky‎
Space.com - Joe Rao - 7 Jan 2011
Eventually, since the core can no longer support the star's vast weight, it collapses, triggering a cataclysmic supernova explosion. Betelgeuse is in its

When you click to go to the website with the article (Space.com = Mainstream Space News) you will find that the article can not be found?? This is 1 of only 4 results. This would have been the only reliable source for this story. Why has it been retracted?? Just asking !!

Link = www.google.co.uk...=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1DVCB_enGB352GB352 &tbs=nws:1&sa=X&ei=Xyg3TbGlO4qLhQelhbWvAw&ved=0CCQQvwUoAQ&q=betelgeuse+to+no+supernovae&spell=1&fp=dea7600086fa6ee4

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
this stinks - it was already reported to be "going supernova any day now!" in 2008, and 2009

earthsky.org...

xenophilius.wordpress.com...

don't believe the hype.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown

Originally posted by aboxoftrix
Before I found this thread I was researching prophecies of the Koran and the Hadith and I thought this might be of interest to some. There is a prophecy that says when the sun rises from the west, judgement day is near.

aboxoftrix can I ask you 2 questions?

1) Is your avatar a picture of you?

2) If the answer to question 1 is yes, will you marry me?

Whoever that is is smokin' hot.

P.S. If that is you I agree with everything you say

I that second that
Trix does it say that anywhere in the bible?

btw betelguese is -not- the 2nd largest star in the universe whoever said that is wrong

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stargate2012

I think if this explodes it would be the "Blue Star"

And I have a theory due to some research as to when this might actually explode!

This is the star of Wormwood!

Hmmm, seems that's the phrase that jumped into my mind too...

Interesting times.

Going to look and see if I can find more info on this!

peace

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Great picture perspective on how HUGE Betelgeuse is compared to our sun and other suns...quite amazing. Thanks for the link! *S*

Now HERE is a pretty sweet video giving another size perspective! Really cool!

Also check out this person's breakdown of the Betelgeuse Myth explanation:

edit on 19-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added video

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
Apparently Betelgeuse in the Constellation Orion is about to go supernova and give Earth a second sun for a few weeks. The exploding star will be visible as the size of the Sun.

www.news.com.au

This could be only weeks away, if it's true it will be incredible to see!

It could also happen in a million years unfortunately.
edit on 18/1/1111 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/1/1111 by Krusty the Klown because: Correction
This should be fascinating to see can't wait,but is this in one of the phrophecies?I don't keep up with them but it seems I read it somewhere on ATS.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Isnt it interesting that just along the same time we are suppose to see nibriu or the dark star, they put this story out like the supernova will give us a second sun when that's exactly what nibriu would look like. Hmm that's strange. Just a theory.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Great dig *S&F*

So we have a second sun, we have Nibiru (Planet X) - dwarf sun, Galaxy X, and whatever else. Could Betelgeuse supernova be just a theory to cover up other theories related to seeing a second sun?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
There are some errors in that story. Betelgeuse is not the "second biggest star in the universe" - it's very, very large, a red super-giant, but there are several much larger stars that we know of (and probably countless more that we don't yet know about).

An interesting thing they don't mention in the article, which may or may not be related to the star's possible impending supernova, observations over the past 15 years have shown that it has lost about 15% of its diameter in that time. This could just be some sort of natural "breathing" of the star and not mean anything, or it could mean it's going through some early stage of the process of actually blowing up soon.

edit on 1/19/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)
When you look at the Earth that way who in their right mind can say we're alone??

www.jordanmaxwell.com...

Yes readers please review the provided link to put things in perspective , you will be amazed at the scale of what is out there..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This idea of Betelgeuse going SuperNova and bathing our Earth in daylight for weeks is fascinating. Even with new things we'll see on the ground, just think of what could be "illumined" in the heavens?

There might be some great new discoveries happen due to this light being around, so don't waste it if it happens. We could very well see some major advances during this time period.

So when do you think it might be? I lean toward the date being 11-11-11; due to the "theme" of all the hints and messages I am reading. As foretold, the "Loosening of the bindings of Orion," is something only G_d can do.

Very fascinating!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Great dig *S&F*

So we have a second sun, we have Nibiru (Planet X) - dwarf sun, Galaxy X, and whatever else. Could Betelgeuse supernova be just a theory to cover up other theories related to seeing a second sun?
Whoa,never thought of it that way....anything is possible

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdWard54
Good post, found nowhere else on the net...yet anyway. Many positive thanks for the OP.

Anyway, at the risk of completely exposing myself and beliefs, I am at a complete loss to comprehend this article.

In fact, from what I have studied all over the web for about a decade or more, this particular article speaks of the truth, although the reason "for a second sun" is complete bullsh**, the likelihood is all too real.

Let me explain: The quakes, floods, weird weather, bird/fish deaths etc...are all RELATED events...a conclusion that the lamestream media is going full tilt to obfuscate and distract the citizens.

The cause, IMHO is magnetic influences on Earth, twisting and torquing our planet to CAUSE plate tectonic movements...to wit: quakes, floods in the China Sea...and methane gas exposure killing fish/fowl/octopi.

Let me point out: The plate movements along known fault lines and methane escaping into the atmosphere/water is the only REASONABLE explanation that takes into account ALL weird phenom NOW taking place all over the globe.

When you see that "second sun" it will be too late...

I am not talking survival or revolution...just pointing out that the half-truth displayed in this article is to be understood. There will be a second sun sighting...after california quakes, new madrid quakes, etc...and when you see it...begin to express all the love you possess and comfort your loved ones and family to understand that although we have been lied to about the cause of the second sun, now that it is here...deal with it.

Thanks for allowing me to post on this thread, and with all due respect to all those posters here and elsewhere on this forum, please allow me to maintain my sanity and flame retardant suit...

May G-d bless you and yours...
Please allow me to personaly thank you for setting this straight,from the article your right,something stinks here.....sh!t just more lies!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Yeah,like we have discovered every star on the observable universe,haha.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
the pure forces of chaos and entropy working beneath the surface of the universe will define when and how this will happen, no scientist have no idea or clue whatsoever, they can only have an estimate, again as has been said, it could already have happen, maybe it will happen next week, maybe in a few thousand years, remember people we are just observers, not the masters, we do not steer this rock, chaos does.

and besides if it does blast out neutrinos you couldn't even hide underground as they go through matter like it it weren't there....

we can only wait and see, just like with our lives we can plan all we like, but we haven't got life bought, we are at the mercy of forces too grand to even comprehend, I mean please people, galaxies collide, whole clusters vaporize in black holes, physics do not behave universally in the same way everywhere as gravity is determined by the mass of nearby bodies, in a trinary system, gravity could not be what it is here.

Hopefully we can see the supernova in our lifetimes, as it has been observed before in planet earth! odd times, and the religious or extremely gullible will of course see things where there aren't any!
good times!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So its not going to blow in a couple of week. If it could happen in a million years then whoever has made this claim is full of Bullsh!t, sorry.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This should be fascinating to see can't wait,but is this in one of the prophecies?I don't keep up with them but it seems I read it somewhere on ATS.

you may have read one of them here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i am fascinated by this prophecy, especially as the preceeding extremes of weather are here right now.

also here is an article about betelguese from deep thinking astro physicists at

www.holoscience.com...

lets also be aware that black holes, which i've never believed in, are simply an unproven hypothesis. if they are referred to often enough over a period of time, most people just accept them as fact. see if you accept them after reading this well reasoned article.

www.holoscience.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
How would we be able to detect such an event? If we do see something like that happeneing, it will have happened many years ago as it takes time for light to travel to our eyes. This seems interesting but I would imagine that we would have seen it before being able to detect it in some scientific way.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

yeah. actually Betelgeuse is about 500-700 light years away so it would take 500-700 years for us to see the event. unless it had happened 500-700 years ago and they are expecting the light of the event to hit us soon. but that wouldnt make sense since the article said it could happen a million years from now.
this article is a little out of whack

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join