It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology in 50 years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I personally hope that you are wrong Texas.

Hopefully in 50 years heath care will be completely free and we will all have easy access to it.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
One thing is for sure, everything will be much smaller, faster, and portable.

One prediction I have is that we will get to a place where we will have a paperless society. I know that we originally thought the computers of today would have taken care of that for us, but it actually created more paperwork. But, I think that in 50 yrs we will have advanced enough with technology that a paperless society will be a reality.

Paper money will also go away and be replaced with a more durable product (that is if we still use monetary money and haven't replaced it by placing microchips of our checking accts into our hands, but's that a whole other topic
)

If we haven't developed flying cars we will definitely have autodriven cars in designated autodrive lanes.

With real estate becoming scarce we will be forced to go up. Meaning that our future homes will be in skyscrapers twice as high as the ones we have now.

Babies wil be genetically engineered with super immune systems, higher intellect, and greater physical abilities. This will be a major issue cause we will have parents paid to specifically breed babies that will be engineered for specific gov't jobs, like presidents, soldiers, and other military positions.

The way we eat will be nothing like it is now. Going out to eat will be less and less common because we will have food replicators in our homes.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Jet Boots will change the planet forever.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I can't wait for jet boots!!!

[edit on 12-7-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hopefully more use of radionics and orgone generators...
And more use of cannabis products. And I agree with Sticky G, that technology will probably take a backseat to spirituality. "Discoveries" will be made that will make certain technologies seem unnecessary. Not that I wouldn't want to fly around in an airborne motorcycle like in Return of the Jedi...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
JET BOOTS!!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!!

If you think about it, they probably cant be THAT hard to make, harder to control though.

They would be fun!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
YAY!

I got applause for this topic!

Thanks for making it a good one guys!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
What kind of technology do you think that we will have 50 years down the road?

lol. a know its a long shot but maybe a stable version of Windows

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
A mere bubble, seats, and a Caddy symbol on the front.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   

JET BOOTS!!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!!

If you think about it, they probably cant be THAT hard to make, harder to control though.

They would be fun!

Lets get a jetpack that can fly for more then 30 seconds first then we will think about jet boots. If a jetpack could fly around for a few hours they would be so sweet they look like fun.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

I can't wait for jet boots!!!

[edit on 12-7-2004 by mpeake]

Yes, I can see it now...

Why would terrorists need planes when they can strap on a bomb, a pair of jet boots and fly themselves into the sides of buildings...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hmm yes indeed technology accelerate fast! But if world peace come soon the technology would go even Houndreds of times faster so 50 years then wow Imagine
(There are millions of people out there that have never touched a school at all, If peace comes then we can be really happy(supreme technology)) And this is joust 50 years of development (rememder it is not accelerating by years it is accelerating by Speed(I think you all know that I joust mentioned it))
So I want to mention one offtipic since it is perfect to say here. okey why are we in some threads talking about "Alien/ET" technology that we could surpass easaly in the next few 50 years? I bet some Aliens/ETs are thousonds if not millions of years in development. So why all the talk about these simple things? When I read some thread about some alien/ET I can see they mention varoius technology "states" that doesnt fit in the development timeline so I have never read any words that would surpraise me yet about aliens/ETs Technology. It is joust unnimaginable we cannot imagen it its to "advance".

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Perhaps the aliens have technology that isn't all that advanced to ours. Its possible they have just refined their technology countless times and it is a mundane and trivial thing to them now, but to us it appears as 'magic'. We might just now be figuring out the most primative version of what they have been using for millenia. Although our version is primative in comparison it still functions. I don't know, its just a thought!

Inaddition its possible the government(s) have had some of this alien technology and are studying it, that would give them a significant leap in development.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Sigma]

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Sigma]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
force fields to protect buildings from terrorist attacks. or to prevent disasters as nuclear missle or astroids. table top fusion, privat invention of some sort of anti gravity brings space travel to us all and flying cars, hoover bords, hover tanks, spacecraft carriers, energy based weapons, nanomachines for medical and warfare and science, nuclear powered space crafts, moon base / colony , mars colony, life found on Europe, micro organismes found in the venus atmosphere, several earth like planets with vegatasion found in nearby star cluster. Life found, arrival of aliens and bones of osama found on the grounds of area 51 :s

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm sure Osama will be found before we reach the fifty year mark...

Jet packs sound fun too!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Here you are all trying to predict what advances we will make well assuming we dont go down the toobs heres my prediction.
with in ten years the first And only AI computer will come into being .
I say come into not created because this could and probly will happen on its own as we add more and more programs into the web and more and more of them have AI capibilitys sooner or later it will happen and once it does it will be worldwide in minits and it wont be just one pc wich you can unplug .After all we are talking a net here not a pc. and the pc power is alread here all it needs is the right programs. think on it add all our pcs toghter in prossesing power and memory theres no named number for the amount on the web .
Now a day after this new being comes into being call it alive or not it doesent matter the results DO.
All our tek is out dated by in old terms hundreds of years .Why you ask ?
Simply because the Being has ever scrap of tek info avalible and can put it toghter in ways we would have never even KNOWN about. never forgets never sleeps and has access to ever science lad in the world.
Ask it for a way to travel in a ship accros the galaxy probly wouldent take it a week to figer out a way that would work.So at this point anything that can be immanged can be made in a realy short time. going from where are now to what we immange alians have . so if the being exists in ten years our lifes as we know them will be changed drastlicy in 10 years two days.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I'm sure Osama will be found before we reach the fifty year mark...

Jet packs sound fun too!!!

Well we got something www.rocketmaninc.com...
The technology doesnt joust come stright out anyways there are many "breaks" befeore things come out and somehings may not come out at all.

EDIT: The "jetpack" stuff is OLD.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Jeez!

I can only imagine what the computer's will look like in 50 years....

That would be something else!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I once read/heard, that the government is actually 50 years more advanced than they let on to be. I aint to sure if this is true. However I do believe that what we see and what we have available to us are two seperate matters.

The technology in 50 years time could be two seperate things. It could either be highly advanced, as in renewable,everlasting energy techonologies, with the technology to match or the other matter is that the technology of 50 years time, will be nothing more than clubs, and stones.

Hmmm makes you think.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
in 50 years we will be able to play doom3 on total hi-res with full on graphic effects and sound and hit over 10 frames per second (maybe)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join