It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb found on MLK Day parade route in Spokane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I was just watching Racheal Maddow on MSNBC, and it was reported that a "very viable" bomb was found by the FBI, in a bag along the MLK day parade route in Spokane Washington.

The bomb had a remote detonator similar to the kind of remote on your keys that start your vehicle. According to the interview, the FBI is offering $20,000 reward to anyone who saw, or knows anything about its placement, like a video, or cell phone capture. They are giving out a lot of information as to where and how it was found and are asking everyone to help.

Apparently, this bomb was capable of a LOT of damage. Why is wasn't detonated during the parade yesterday is a lucky mystery.

Any of you ATSers live there, went to the parade?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Apparently, this bomb was capable of a LOT of damage. Why is wasn't detonated during the parade yesterday is a lucky mystery.

Why is it that every bomb we hear about never detonates? Either the people trying to pull off these attacks are completely incompetent or these are plants to keep the fear train rolling...

Think about the last time you heard about a successful bombing in the US? Every time it is the same thing just a scare and no harm done in any of the reported incidents.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
what why are we spending too much on TSA when people can put bombs anytime anywhere!!!! This is outrageous

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

SSSSHHHHH! Don't jinx it!

PTB: Officially we're terrified enough now!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
TV Nation beat me to it.

What I find odd about all of these bombs within the last few years in the US is that none of them have detonated. Is that luck? The Underwear bomb didn't ignite. Neither did the Cargo Planes. The Times Square bomb didn't work and even this bomb in Spokane. The Christmas Tree bomber didn't even have a real bomb. Those mailbombs weren't what I would call a bomb. Glorified sparklers.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want any of them to go off. I don't want anyone to get harmed. I just find it really strange.
edit on 18-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I was just watching Racheal Maddow on MSNBC, and it was reported that a "very viable" bomb was found by the FBI, in a bag along the MLK day parade route in Spokane Washington.

The bomb had a remote detonator similar to the kind of remote on your keys that start your vehicle. According to the interview, the FBI is offering $20,000 reward to anyone who saw, or knows anything about its placement, like a video, or cell phone capture. They are giving out a lot of information as to where and how it was found and are asking everyone to help.

Any of you ATSers live there, went to the parade?

It would help if you provide a link to the story.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Cobination of
incompetence...some of the bombs just weren't well constructed.
set-up...the FBI has conducted a few stings as of late giving folks fake bombs to deliver
Intelligence...they got info on the recent UPS bombs
And good paranoia...this bomb was spotted...a backpack that was abandoned.

according to the fibs this bomb was legit and set to detonate.

Lets hope our luck holds out. You are right though...quite a string of good luck.

top topics

join