It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Hospitalised In Vietnam Due To Temperature Minima of -4C (Honestly)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I find this very hard to believe but apparently its true. We've seen the threads about the 10,000 cattle dying etc because of the cold weather, but it would seem now that hundreds of people are in hospital with respiratory problems because the temperature has dropped to a record -4C...yes thats right -4C

My bedroom is probably at that temperature. Anyways, i'm sure its a shock to the Vietnamese, however, the article then goes on to say that Meteorologists are "unclear" on the cause of the cold weather.

ARE THEY FOR REAL?

This is Meteorology 101...

Seems like a bit of a mess, no information about anything, just snips here and there! Why all the apparent secrecy?

Article
edit on 18/1/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
LOL in your post it looks like -40 C. Anyway 26 F isn't really that cold... we've had lows of 10 F here.. unless these people are all living outside...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
minus 40 degrees celcius?
edit : lol nevermind.
edit on 18-1-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

No, -4C...sorry, my bad, i dont know how to do the little degrees sign on a computer!!! I know there's a shortcut but cant remember it!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
heard on the weather channel satellite radio said over 20 places that were 20 below
record lows everywhere

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whitbit
LOL in your post it looks like -40 C. Anyway 26 F isn't really that cold... we've had lows of 10 F here.. unless these people are all living outside...

Well for a tropical place 26*F seems mighty cold to me!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well, it depends on what you're acclimatised to- the fact that this temperature is a 36 year record shows that they're not used to this- I know I couldn't cope with a whole summer of 30 or 40+ temperatures, or whatever they have over there. Also, some of these might be elderly and thus be more susceptable to the cold, and the people generally may well have lower living standards, -4 would be pretty cold if you lived in a shack with no central heating/insulation.
edit on 18-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

Well it appears winter has returned to many parts of the world with a bit of a bang, thankfully here in the UK its been pretty mild this month.

I get the feeling that there is so much disinfo out there about GW, Global Cooling etc that the excuses are just being thrown out there to confuse everyone so they are kept pre-occupied away from the truth of this worldwide situation...whether thats Planet X, Pole Shift, Incoming Comet, ET Invasion etc etc etc...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Wow you guys are close minded...

In the summer I even get a little shocked when fall temps hit. It all depends on acclimatization. Living in breezy buildings isn't helpful either. Maybe they should learn to make fire. Or regulate their body temperature through meditation
Oh wait, we never did that kind of thing...

Weird conditions will only get weirder... I hope they can cope.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

Indeed but it hasnt been a whole winter of -4C, its been a few days. Yes they may live in shelters or poor housing and they would most likely be accustomed to a warmer climate but that being said, you dont catch a cold from the cold weather...you catch it from infection of the virus or bacteria!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The cold weather has returned to Scotland was -5 when i got into my car this morning and -3 tonite chillybaltic ;-) It is deffo falling apart at the moment

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Haven't they ever heard of this new technology called COATS, GLOVES, HATS?

Seriously. I realize they are in the tropics, but surely they can layer up?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
-4C would be 28.4 F - I think, any way that is not that cold. I moved from the tropics to Minnesota during the winter - wind chill 30 below 0 and I did alright. I know I felt it more than the residents but I stayed warm with clothes, blankets and being indoors. Not only that respiratory problems are not usually weather related but are caused by a virus or bacteria moving among people that are in close proximity (indoors - shopping areas, homes, schools and such). I don't get it, and then all the buffalo and cattle that died there as well.

Seems all mass deaths of animals and humans getting sick are being blamed on weather. What is really going on that they are not telling us?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Yeah, they must all be really stoopid in the tropics. Stoopid tropical people.

It seems to me that, wherever it should be hot, it is cold and wherever it should be cold, it is hot, relatively speaking. Strange time indeed.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think it should be known that I regularly sunbathe in -4C weather, right outside my igloo on the frozen Canadian tundra.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
-4C would be 28.4 F - I think, any way that is not that cold. I moved from the tropics to Minnesota during the winter - wind chill 30 below 0 and I did alright. I know I felt it more than the residents but I stayed warm with clothes, blankets and being indoors. Not only that respiratory problems are not usually weather related but are caused by a virus or bacteria moving among people that are in close proximity (indoors - shopping areas, homes, schools and such). I don't get it, and then all the buffalo and cattle that died there as well.

Seems all mass deaths of animals and humans getting sick are being blamed on weather. What is really going on that they are not telling us?

Exactly...we have animals dying all over the world and the best excuse they can come up with is cold or fireworks. Cold weather does NOT give you an infection...your totally right about that. The part in the article about the respiratory infections that is hospitalising all these people, is a totally different story alltogether.

Yet again its the MSM reporting that the cold weather is causing illness in people...2 stories mixed into one

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScepticalBeliever
Well, it depends on what you're acclimatised to- the fact that this temperature is a 36 year record shows that they're not used to this- I know I couldn't cope with a whole summer of 30 or 40+ temperatures, or whatever they have over there. Also, some of these might be elderly and thus be more susceptable to the cold, and the people generally may well have lower living standards, -4 would be pretty cold if you lived in a shack with no central heating/insulation.
edit on 18-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

...Which was what I was wondering. So do a lot of people over there have these kind of living conditions? And perhaps the ones hospitalized are people less apt to deal with the change, like the elderly as you said. Makes sense.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
I think it should be known that I regularly sunbathe in -4C weather, right outside my igloo on the frozen Canadian tundra.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Whitbit

You dont get a respiratory infection from the cold, no matter your age...you get it from an infection, hence the part that says infection. This is a simple case of blowing something way outta proportion, MSM hard at work selling it off to people!

Sure they are used to certain temps and what not but stick on a hat and jacket and you'll be just dandy.

10,000 cattle and respiratory illness in hundreds of people all in one country seems more like some kind of bug,

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

How many Vietnamese do you suppose have any winter clothing?

This is very easy to believe, because they are not used to it. When my friend arrived here, she found plus 5 Celsius to be very cold.
edit on 18-1-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join