It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina NAACP rally covers statue of George Washington to not offend anybody

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
And you still ignore the obvious...I guess people truly will believe what they want and ignore facts.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This is blatant overprotectionism gone amuck.

Geo Washington was the 1st Pres, Member Continental Congress, 1st General (nowafays he'd be The Secretary Of Defense) and was one of those who made this nation possible.

This is a slap in the face to a great American and a great individual. MLK did have a dream but this clearly is not it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

I got pushed out of shape by this because I spent a lot of time studying George Washington, having learned a few things about him through my ability to travel through time and find myself upclose and personal to significant historical figures. However, after giving it some thought I realized how really poor the members of the NAACP are when they cannot even devise a suitable background to hold a rally in honor of their own celebrated hero. A creative genius who can turn busstops into sales pitches for commercial companies could have redesigned the entire staging area suitable for the occasion. See Bored Panda for creative ideas.

Unless they planed the thing where they did so they could cover the statue as part of their thing. But this is all part of the hardcore agenda of cutting the guts out of our nations past and its figures under the pretence of fighting racisim. They have many dupes that dont see this and have become dolts for the "struggle" which is not against racisim really. White kids these days are given a steady diet of a history that would have them believe that King was the only great mind that our nation ever had....save for Lincon.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The endless amount of racist replies to this thread is the reason why i do not tell friends about this site.

It seems to be common sence to me...
How many people of color their do you think shared shared the last name Washington?

Why is it that they have that last name?

True, MLK was about equality, however, i don't think he would lose any sleep over TEMPORARILY covering up a statue of a man that not only owned slaves, but also raped his slaves.

MLK was about equality...
George Washington was not...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

This is a slap in the face to a great American and a great individual. MLK did have a dream but this clearly is not it.

And really what kind of man has such a "dream" but cant even stay faithful to his wife. And we are not talking about a woman here or there but just a cheep male slut. It would probably do this country good to take king down a notch or two, just like they have been doing to washngton and jefferson for years, as his memory has swolen up like a thanksgiving day balloon hovering over the city like a large pinata. You start wacking on it and crap comes out the same as any other man.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420

True, MLK was about equality, however, i don't think he would lose any sleep over TEMPORARILY covering up a statue of a man that not only owned slaves, but also raped his slaves.

MLK was about equality...
George Washington was not...

So now he is a slave "raper".

MlK was for equality....he loved all women the same. Oh "I have a dream tonight" about whats waiting for me back at the hotel room!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

Then that means one of those people's with the name Washington, could really be indeed a Washington, by blood

Yea, so while would you cover up great great Grand Daddys statue?
edit on 21-1-2011 by googolplex because: ?

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join