It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina NAACP rally covers statue of George Washington to not offend anybody

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm sure MLK is turning in his grave at the site of something like this. He had a dream but I guess the naacp doesn't carry that same dream.

"The annual MLK observance at the state house in Columbia SC had an interesting twist this year. The event is held on the north side steps of the statehouse. Prominent at that location is a large bronze statue of George Washington. This year, the NAACP constructed a "box" to conceal the Father of His Country from view so that participants would not be offended by his presence."

Free North Carolina blog

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow- I don't even know what to say....
I'm guessing it's because he (and just about everybody else back then) was a slave owner.But wouldn't MLK have wanted people to move BEYOND that, move BEYOND the past and try to start looking towards making the FUTURE better for everybody?

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You know what it looks like to me, because the statue is actually at the back of the gathering (if you look at the chairs they're all facing away from Washington) he looks like a person (kinda like a child) trying to see what's going on by peeking over something that's in front of him. As if George Washington also wants to see liberty in action.

This is a very poignant photo!

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Wow- I don't even know what to say....
I'm guessing it's because he (and just about everybody else back then) was a slave owner.But wouldn't MLK have wanted people to move BEYOND that, move BEYOND the past and try to start looking towards making the FUTURE better for everybody?

Maybe MLK........... but many would like us to continue to pay for what some people did 200 years ago. I have no white guilt and take no responsibility for what ppl did 200 yrs ago. But it does make them feel better when they have ppl to blame for there lack of progress. That's the problem with this mindset, as long as they feel they can blame someone else they can take no responsibility for their actions.... it's also the liberal mindset, blame someone else, feel better today.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
How will racism ever die when the NAACP does things like this? My guess is, if racism DID die these people would be out of work. WTF?

edit on 18-1-2011 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You see the result of whats been in the works with the PC crowd unfolding before your eyes with this and other recent stories. Follow the NAACP and you follow the trail to civil war... with a twist.

MLK should come back and haunt these morons I swear... how DARE they use him and his words to promote this crap.. My fingers are cramping from my several posts concerning the NAACP, the N word, and I may post a thread on how the NAACP loved me hard without lubricant when I was younger simply because of my "race". Theyre evil folks.. and you can see it in action right here.

For you conspiracy theorists who study things like symbols and trigger words.. PLEASE take a look into the NAACP. The N word is a trigger word and ever action you see them having a hand in is a controlled event with a purpose.... including te lawsuits.. as Ive said in too many posts in detail and I dont want to keep repeating myself.

edit on 18-1-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11
The NAACP is a bunch of racist idiots anyway........... That's the problem when you have a bunch of racist, uneducated spooks trying to make a point. They just end up embarrassing themselves. Those people are so dumb they can't even see how contradictory they are.

Pot, meet kettle...

I have no idea why ol' George would need to be covered, but it's a pretty dumb idea, to me.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

OFFENDED!!!

I can't stand the NAACP, they are the biggest group of hypocrites out there. If someone covered up a statue of MLK as to not offend someone the NAACP would be the first to file multiple lawsuits for various race violations they love to just make up.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm just surprised that they haven't tried to ban the founding fathers for Political Correctness reasons.

Shameful, and pathetic.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I'm just surprised that they haven't tried to ban the founding fathers for Political Correctness reasons.

Shameful, and pathetic.

They have.
Havent you heard hte founding fathers were all white men and didnt understand the black man.. therefore the black man shouldnt be held to the laws and concepts for the country by the blacks?? Not the majority of blacks and my people realize the agenda .. even though they have said it pretty plainly. I didnt hear it off a youtube..I was told this crap in college when the naacp used to troll for kids of "other" races to join them. Get em while they are young..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
How disgusting, how is the first president going to insult anyone?

Initially, I would assume they may claim offense because he was a slave holder. However, if they paid attention in class they might have learned that not only did he free all his slaves after the death of his wife, he also had a provision to care for them after they were freed. The older ones were be cared for with food and clothing, the younger ones with education and job training. I am in no way saying that slavery is right, but it is part of our history, and part that needs to be acknowledged. While he was a slave holder, he was not your stereotypical movie southern slave master. I think they need to give out a few more college scholarships so people can be educated, and not spread ignorance and bigotry.
edit on 18-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The NAACP by name itself is a racist organization. Now we also got Al Sharpton another king of race baiting declaring Arizona has seceded from the US because they don't celebrate MLK day or something along those lines.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So I guess if a group holds a gathering on Presidents Day near a MLK statue it would be OK to cover that one up also?

Probably not......

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by beezzer

Shameful, and pathetic.

They have.
Havent you heard hte founding fathers were all white men and didnt understand the black man.. therefore the black man shouldnt be held to the laws and concepts for the country by the blacks?? Not the majority of blacks and my people realize the agenda .. even though they have said it pretty plainly. I didnt hear it off a youtube..I was told this crap in college when the naacp used to troll for kids of "other" races to join them. Get em while they are young..

Sadly I was unaware of this. Thank you for illustrating even more examples of hate.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
The NAACP by name itself is a racist organization. Now we also got Al Sharpton another king of race baiting declaring Arizona has seceded from the US because they don't celebrate MLK day or something along those lines.

SHarpton is LYING.. and the NAACP thinks that lies are okay if they benefit the organization. He must drive them nuts though.. he has made more gaffs and been caught in so many lies its not funny, but he keeps flapping his lips and the people keep hanging on his every word. They delight in keeping slavery alive. They pretend they arent enslaving their own people but its plain to see what is really happening if you stop, clean the slate, and look at them, their words, their action, and who they allow to be their mouthpieces with clear eyes.

The whole thing is insidious and evil IMO..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sounds a LOT like the time that Obama spoke at a Catholic college and he requested that the religious symbols were covered.

To me, if I am a Christian, and someone attempted to cover Christian symbols, I would be offended.

Wait a minute, let me say that again.

If I was a Christian and I requested that Christian symbols be covered, this would indicate what?

Whatever, if I attempted to cover Christian symbols and I was Christian, I would be excommunicated. Can anyone EXPLAIN that?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Sounds a LOT like the time that Obama spoke at a Catholic college and he requested that the religious symbols were covered.

To me, if I am a Christian, and someone attempted to cover Christian symbols, I would be offended.

Wait a minute, let me say that again.

If I was a Christian and I requested that Christian symbols be covered, this would indicate what?

Whatever, if I attempted to cover Christian symbols and I was Christian, I would be excommunicated. Can anyone EXPLAIN that?

Saltheart.. the fact is that there is NO explanation... that anyone wants to hear anyway.
I recall when this was done with the christian symbols.. no one raised too much of a stink. For me.. he is not a christian. He is a sham... and the citizens of the US are so controlled that they are incapable of seeing this as it truly is. God forbid they speak out on it.. theyd be racist or some nonsense.
You wouldnt be excommunicated BTW.. you wouldnt be ALLOWED to do it. Funny how Obama gets all of this special treatment.. isnt it?

For me, I am not offended by what Obama and his crew did.. I rather LOVE it. WHen they do these things outright and in your face my hope is that it may awaken someone to the truth of Obama and all politicians who behave as hypocrites of each party. You have to love it when they expose themselves.. and they expose their butt kissers who stumble all over themselves to jump when he says how high.

If Id have been attending that college, Id have changed universities due to it's weak politician loving leadership.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Is there another source for this? All I can find are blogs. And as to the REASON this statue has a box around it, I'd like to hear from something other than blogs... It's hard to believe ANYONE would cover up our first president to prevent someone getting offended...

Something sounds fishy about this story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join