It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower's home raided by armed FDLE agents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Whistleblower's home raided by armed FDLE agents

1787network.com

On Friday, Hamilton County sheriff’s deputies and Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) agents, dressed in tactical gear and armed with assault rifles, served him with a search warrant. Agents seized his computer, cell phone, and video camera. However, Burton has not been charged with any crime.

He also reported that the DEP had seized a logger’s entire season harvest, even though the logger had the proper permits, and was violating no laws. A judge later ruled that the logger in question had legally harvested the logs, valued at over $300,000, but the DEP has refused to ret
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.un.org
site.thebackoffice.us

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Tinwiki: Agenda 21
Man Getting Evicted from Land for living "to simply"
Federal Govt assumes control over Great Lakes, by executive order.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Apparently this guy legally recorded conversations with a Congressional Aide, the telephone conversation came after a standard disclaimer that calls to the office may be recorded.

Because of that phone call, and some youtube videos, FDLE and DEP agents raided the home and confiscated all of the evidence he was compiling against the DEP.

This is the second time he has been threatened violently. In 2008 his home was attacked with Automatic gunfire.

Most concerning to me is that he now has a "trespass" warrant for all state-owned lands. How can anyone avoid trespassing on state-owned lands? Especially when his profession is a "swamp-logger." He can no longer make a living, because of the trespass warrant, yet he isn't charged with any crime or wrong-doing? It is also very concerning that the author made a connection from this event to the U.N.'s Agenda 21

This is a local story brought up by our Local Tea Party, and it is not being covered by the local news.

Is the government using Tactical Raids, trumped up Search Warrants, and preventing this guy from making a living to cover up its own wrong-doing? If so, is it really part of the Agenda 21?

1787network.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hmmm...... for some reason this thread didn't make the Breaking News list on myATS page. I'm giving myself a bump so that the thread doesn't disappear into the abyss.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
And Americans still think they live in freedom and democracy.

People need to spread this story far and wide. First on the state level to demand coverage, then on the national level.

Believe it or not, I'm a lefty and I had immense hope when Obama was elected. Unfortunately, I consistently see evidence that everything Bush did, Obama does better.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This is quite an important thread, I believe. It's not often we're able to talk with a many who is being silenced. I applaud Mr. Burton a thousand times for his being an honest man who is truly American the way I feel we ought to be! Not this washed out lie of nationalism we embody.

I hope his family and him are able to be safe, most of all. It's really sad that there's an apparent message not to mess with this obvious abuse of rights and even more obvious cover-up. Otherwise, we would have news and law-enforcement all over it!

At least the word is out on it, the more people who know, the better.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I'm a righty, but I voted for Obama as well. I thought his youth, energy, and outsider status would be good for the country, but I am disappointed too. I still wouldn't vote for McCain/Palin, but I pray we have some better choices in 2012.

One has to wonder when the trampling of individual rights will end? There will come a day when they trample the wrong person's rights, and that person is willing to become a martyr, and they have just the right combination of friends and networks and underdog status to get national press coverage. The government cannot contine to operate outside the law.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the story op, finishing up my undergraduate degree i have a hell of a time listening to the professors telling me how free i am, about as free as a caged canarie
any how another bump for you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
so when we call, they can record us but we cant record them???
amazing....

its like that old global warming commercial where they put a frog in boiling water and it jumps right out, but put it in luke warm water on the stove and it will sit there and boil to death.

they're just warming us up to have less and less rights, while people just sit there clueless

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Yes, exactly! There is a warning on the line that the conversation may be recorded. So both parties are aware of the recording and no laws were violated. However, they decided that it was still ok to get a search warrant and serve the warrant and confiscate all the recordings and electronic equipment, and not charge him with a crime. Either he broke the law or he didn't. (Obviously he didn't.) This is armed robbery! They showed up with guns and seized his personal property, without charging him with a crime, and they have restricted him from accessing any public lands, even though he is properly permitted, and now he cannot make a living.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thanks for finding this news article by the way, it's very important and maybe just the eye-opener people need to wake them up to our situation (better late than never

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

There will come a day when they trample the wrong person's rights, and that person is willing to become a martyr, and they have just the right combination of friends and networks and underdog status to get national press coverage. The government cannot contine to operate outside the law.

I wish I was so optimistic. The same things happened in Nazi Germany, and still happen in Russia, China and various other places. The American media is so controlled and manipulated this story will quickly be buried and nothing will come from it.
I can't imagine there is a single person in America who has the right kind of connection and isn't involved in the massive corruption themselves. There is no chance one of the "little people" will ever have justice against a state or the federal government in an instance like this, they just won't report it and most Americans will not know about it. Even if they do find out about it, what will any American do?

Just look at the comments on that blog post. They're mostly "it's a shame" and "how disappointing". Where is the anger? Why don't these people see what is happening to their country and be actually terrified about it?

People have been placated and distracted into submission, and I fear they will never act to defend themselves. One day they'll find it's them on the other end of the baton and then they'll be wondering why none of their fellow Americans even care about their plight. They'll suddenly realize that they were those other Americans several times and sat by watching while their fellow citizen was assaulted and abused.

I once saw a Naomi Wolf video in the Bush era where she listed all the signs of an impending Police State. None of those facts has changed since Obama took office. In fact, they've gotten worse, they're just disguised more effectively.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Hopefully he had the foresight to save data to an outside source, but then he probably did not see this coming.

Sad situation I hope it does work out for him as he and his family must be devastated.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
land of the free..

kx

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

We should all make sure that any information sources are backed up. Apparently all of this man's videos and audio recordings were confiscated and he has no backups. He thought YouTube was an acceptable backup, but those videos have been deleted as well!

Luckily he still had some written evidence that was not seized. It sounds like he had video evidence of state employees polluting the swamp, and the real motivation was to destroy that video evidence.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Yep, ALWAYS keep a backup of site, just a note don't use a safe deposit at the bank, search warrants can be awarded and the bank has to let them in, someplace random is always best.

This story is incredible and needs to be spread. I wonder why his local news hasn't picked up on it. In my area, Chicago suburb, one local news station is constantly running whistleblower stories, one very important one is that some of the suburbs water supplies were heavily polluted and the people were being poisoned. Of course at first the town's denied it, the news station pursued it and it is finally (about two or so to my recollection) is being fixed.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

A Google Search of Bob Burton + Hamilton County brings up a couple of pages of the same story. It is on a lot of websites and blogs, but no major news outlets or local coverage. It is on the David Icke website now.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Its proof, telling the truth and doing the right thing, keeping taxpayers and citizens informed, cna be used against you in a courtroom, while our leaders, congressmen, CEO's and government go out and do their dirty deeds at our expense
capitalism allowed this, and needs to be abolished

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What you can do, when you make the phone call and actually get a real person on the other end, is to simply inform them that you are recording the call and go from there. They will either talk, or hang up but either way it covers you from potential law violations. The recorded message that the call is being recorded is intended to inform the people calling. It does not cover the person who is calling in, and they must inform the people they are calling that the call is also being recorded on their end as well.

As far as the article, I think its BS. The charges themselves will come from the PA's office, however if no charges are filed then any sworn officer / PA involved should be investigated for a 42 USC 1983 violation.

Based on the article, using a search warrant in that fashion, at least to me, is a lie of omission. When you request a search warrant you are stating a violation of the law has taken place, which laws were violated and specificslly what items you are wanting, with the intent behind that warrant to collect evidence of that crime, to preserve that evidence, and to present it in a court of law.

Going to full 9 yeards, and then not moving forward with a prosecution, is a blatant misuse of that authority and is essentially a form of intimidation and theft under the color of law.

Again if the information in the article is correct and accurate, and this guy got nowhere when dealing with the state, he should contact the Feds, specifically the EPA for the illegal dumping, and the FBI to file a civil rights violation.
edit on 18-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Convention of Law of the Sea

Thanks Xcathdra! that E.O. refers over and over back to the "Convention of the Law of the Sea." The link above is the U.N.'s website for that convention.

The chain of command, and the power and oversight structure of our government is now so muddy that it is unrecognizable. Nobody knows who they report to, and in many cases they report to dozens of different agencies and councils. If they are not a "direct report" they are still under some contractual obligation to comply with terms from dozens of different directions in order to procure funding.

What a spiderwebby mess!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I think we both might have made the same mistake. When I replied in this thread, it was answering another thread. I reversed them on accident. I am assuming that you are referring to the Great Lakes seized by Feds thread and not the FDLE thread here.

Executiove Order and the Great Lakes

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join