It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the REAL Necronomicon to read (John Dee translation/version)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I ve been looking to find the Necronomicon book for some time...
Finally some time ago I managed to found it on the internet

I think the version I founded IS the right one, still be your own judge.

www.grey-elf.com...

(it would be nice if some ATS guy manage to make mirrors of the link in case it cease to work btw)

Its said in the book not share this knowledge with anybody. I decided not to do so because I think some people need to take a look at this book. Also take this as an advice, you are warned, experiencing yourself/in group/whatsoever the rituals from this book is a bit like trying russian roulette with with a charged automatic gun in your mouth, eyes closed, and pulling the trigger, there are few chance to not get shot. You have been warned.
edit on 17-1-2011 by moltquedelo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by moltquedelo

When you say the 'right' one are you refering to the fact that the one you linked contains the names invented by fiction writer H.P Lovecraft?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

As far as I know, Lovecraft's is the only book titled Necronomicon. Of course, there is Solomon's Key, the Grim Grimoire, and I'm sure there are a few more, but I can't recall.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I just want to point out that the Necronomicon is a fictional grimoire thought up by H.P. Lovecraft. It's actually a wonderful background piece if you're a fan of Lovecraft, but there's no reason to be afraid of it or anything.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Awww...man! I thought the Evil Dead series was fiction!
It's true?

I'm sorry but that is the only thing I think of when I hear, "Necronomicon".
Plus, I am a die hard Evil Dead fan.

Good find, although I won't be reading too much of it!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The necronomicon was proven to a be fake , but it is a well written book , I can't remember the authors name but he stated that it was all fiction.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by divinetragedy79
As far as I know, Lovecraft's is the only book titled Necronomicon. Of course, there is Solomon's Key, the Grim Grimoire, and I'm sure there are a few more, but I can't recall.

There were other purported versions created after the fact, including a one-of-a-kind illuminated manuscript that was submitted to Lovecraft's publishers years after his death.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The Necronomicon is a fictional grimoire appearing in the stories by horror writer H. P. Lovecraft and his followers. It was first mentioned in Lovecraft's 1924 short story "The Hound",[1] written in 1922,Other authors such as August Derleth and Clark Ashton Smith also cited it in their works; Lovecraft approved, believing such common allusions built up "a background of evil verisimilitude." Many readers have believed it to be a real work, with booksellers and librarians receiving many requests for it; pranksters have listed it in rare book catalogues, and a student smuggled a card for it into the Yale University Library's card catalog.Capitalizing on the notoriety of the fictional volume, real-life publishers have printed many books entitled Necronomicon since Lovecraft's death.

I think you have been duped friend.

wikipedia

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Is it the King James version?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I just don't understand why most people don't give the slightest chance that a book such as the "Necronomicon" does not exist, quite simply because H.P. Lovecraft CLAIMED that he made it up. That is the only evidence to it's non-existence that... exists.

Yet people are so quick to believe in conspiracy theories around here with little to no basis in actual fact. The truth is, many times in history besides the works of Lovecraft due cultures talk about dark magic and "books of the dead". Why is it so impossible for the Necronomicon to exist in some people's eyes?

OP, the copy you linked to I actually have a copy and I have read most of it. Although I have dabbled in spells in the past, I have yet to test anything in the pages within, simply because it seems that the consequence for failure and irrational use far outweigh the positives. Not only that, but there is strong message of losing ones self the more you come to rely on the passages within.

It is definitely a good read, and interesting to say the least. But as with all unknown, possibly ancient things, tread lightly among its pages.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

When i mean the "right" one i mean the "right" one

I say the right one because there are some "books" pretending to be traduction of the Necronomicon and even worst writings about the "old ones". All of those are not good lecture and even are somehow "monkey traps"
I guess some of those books/pretended traduction are just edited to "mind # you". This one seems different.

About Lovecraft (and his followers), there is few to say because not so much is known actually, except he was great writter for sure and that he might have been inspired (most probably) for his writing by some "existing stuff" like the Necronomicon from the Mad Arab (i ve read somewhere he might have had a copy of it) or maybe even by some experience he had during his life or other books/reference (like Babylonian belief) we don't know about.
The same way Tolkien didn't invented dwarf and elves from nowhere (He used to get a lot of inspiration from old celtic myth and legends), Lovecraft has been inspired one way or another.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius
Is it the King James version?

No, thanks to ask btw I forget to say this traduction is supposed to be from John Dee (en.wikipedia.org...).

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The same way Tolkien didn't invented dwarf and elves from nowhere, Lovecraft has been inspired one way or another.

Lovecraft admitted that he was inspired by Robert Chambers, among others.

Lovercraft most certainly invented the notion of the Necronomicon as written by Abdul al Hazred as there are no historical persons that correlate with him. Also, why would a supposedly real book be filled with accounts and anecdotes of fictional beings such as Cthulhu and his ilk? That would inturn have to make them real and poses the additional arguement of having to prove that Lovecraft did not invent them as well.

edit on 17-1-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The same way Tolkien didn't invented dwarf and elves from nowhere (He used to get a lot of inspiration from old celtic myth and legends), Lovecraft has been inspired one way or another.

Just a reply to make an up to date quotation for clarity.

Btw what means "edit on 17-1-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer' ?
You and the "Networkduuuuude" seems to be 2 strange massonic fellow almost always connected to ATS and quite often replying my post, im just wondering..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

www.grey-elf.com...

(it would be nice if some ATS guy manage to make mirrors of the link in case it cease to work btw)

Its said in the book not share this knowledge with anybody. I decided not to do so because I think some people need to take a look at this book. Also take this as an advice, you are warned, experiencing yourself/in group/whatsoever the rituals from this book is a bit like trying russian roulette with with a charged automatic gun in your mouth, eyes closed, and pulling the trigger, there are few chance to not get shot. You have been warned.

Performing the rituals from this book is every bit as dangerous as performing Little Red Riding Hood or Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

it is not an ancient text. It was written in response to Lovecraft's books mentioning a necronicum.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by moltquedelo

It's not real (the copy you linked to that is). Its known as the Simon copy, a fake produced in the late 70's

en.wikipedia.org...

edit to add:

Its obviously written by someone with at least a passing familarity with Hermatic Kabbalah, however it is also clearly nowhere near blasphemous enough to be the real thing, despite what people would like to believe.
edit on 17-1-2011 by maskfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Just a reply to make an up to date quotation for clarity.

My reply still stands. The link you provided has the names Lovecraft created. There are no historical correlaries to Alhazred and Cthulhu.

Btw what means "edit on 17-1-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer' ?

Because he does not.

You and the "Networkduuuuude" seems to be 2 strange massonic fellow...

Strange? How so?

almost always connected to ATS...

I am also a member on a model train forum and a vintage Corvette forum and frequently post there.

...and quite often replying my post, im just wondering..

I think this may be the first time I have directly addressed you so I do not see the relevance of your comment as it relates to the topic.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by maskfan
reply to post by moltquedelo

It's not real (the copy you linked to that is). Its known as the Simon copy, a fake produced in the late 70's

en.wikipedia.org...

edit to add:

Its obviously written by someone with at least a passing familarity with Hermatic Kabbalah, however it is also clearly nowhere near blasphemous enough to be the real thing, despite what people would like to believe.
edit on 17-1-2011 by maskfan because: (no reason given)

I had the simon copy into hand (no need to read it more than few pages to see it was not the "real" one) and i can tell you this one is not the simon copy.

This one is supposed to be the "John Dee" copy/traduction.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I had the simon copy into hand (no need to read it more than few pages to see it was not the "real" one) and i can tell you this one is not the simon copy.

Please don't make stuff up, it is very clearly the Simon copy EXCEPT the words which aren't part of the Cthulhu mythos have been replaced with their mythos counterparts. I would link a pdf of the Simon copy to prove it but as its copyrighted that would be against forum rules.

Depending on which edition of the Simon copy you have you can see the almost word for word match (except as mentioned above) starting on around page 30 under the heading: The Testimony of the Mad Arab

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

It does not matter if someone told you it was the Encyclopedia Brittanica edition. That is the Simon Version and was written in the 1970's. The words and phrases are almost identical so I would think that who ever copied and altered that, unless it was the original author, could be liable for plagarism.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join