It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the REAL Necronomicon to read (John Dee translation/version)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

Ok... I have checked myself "again" on amazon the simon version just to be sure... so the NAMES in the simon version are different and missuse/missleading sometimes if not always (like in simon version they are using couples of strange/critiptic words to say "empty space"). The version I linked refer to the "right" names, right to the the sense the names refer to something you can have a rought idea about from the description of Lovecraft. I wouldn't be surprised if the simon version is not just a plagia of the John Dee version. Even worst for the rituals. I would not trust the simon version. Furthermore what would you say if in the Bible , "Jesus" was renamed let's say "Tuan"
and "John" would be "Romuald" , maybe its wouldnt be the same bible anymore. Also you wouldn't be able to check further/external reference/historical proof/sign of existence leading to "Tuan" because the name of the "real guy", "Jesus", has been changed to "Tuan" in your book.
edit on 17-1-2011 by moltquedelo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by moltquedelo

If you had ever actually read any of Dee's works you wouldn't believe what you're trying to convince us of. The book you linked is clearly not written by Dee, regardless of whether its an authentic copy or not (hint its not).

Trust me I'm not even remotely anti the idea that the mythos could have been received knowledge or leaking of information from some strange cult that lovecraft may have been involved in, I'm even willing to believe somewhere out there is a real necronomicon. This however is not it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

You maybe right. At least we agree Lovecraft was very inspired
Most probably he may have had better "documention" than the link I posted to write his novels.

If anyone wishing to share (or u2u) a better version than the one I posted, I'll be glad to read it but personaly I think this one (apart if you wish to try the rituals maybe
) is "good enough" at least in the sense it uses the "real names".

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
form the viewpoint of Chaos Magical Theory [CMT]

any of the versions,whether fiction or not, can be used/made to work.

just pointing that out.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
form the viewpoint of Chaos Magical Theory [CMT]

any of the versions,whether fiction or not, can be used/made to work.

just pointing that out.

Funny you should mention that, I was going to point that out in answer to the OPs last post, but figured it was best not to muddy this particular discussion with that line of thought.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I read part of it just now, the author hooks you by dangling "riches" in your puss and then draws stuff from his etch a sketch in the margins. Rubbish!
Everyone knows the only way to get that kind of power is by drinking virgin goat blood by the light of the silvery moon.
Nice try Cheney.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I have come across a couple of similar, but different versions of the Necronomicon over the years. They both read like someone was on a really bad acid trip. Not the kind of thing I want to pursue endeavours in, but another interesting story amongst many others.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I would suggest to anyone seeking the "real" neconomicon, read this here book:

The Necronomicon Files

Do a little reading up on Peter Levenda as well, but he will deny everything...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Never read it..
But found it here..
If one wants it to have on file..
thepiratebay.org...

thanks OP

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Can you find any historical references to this "Dee" work?

I looked at it and "Dee" is using names that Lovecraft himself invented as far as I'm aware.

If the book does something for you, don't let me spoil your fun, but I think the name of John Dee being put onto this is just another in a long line of Necronomicon creations that come after H.P. Lovecraft's fictional use of the title.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

This is not "historical" reference but a FAQ about the Necronomicon:
www.ping.de...
Else there are plenty of of links on google about "Dee's Necronomicon".

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Yes, Lin Carter wrote the "Dee Translation" for Chaosium games. It was released in 1990. Otherwise refer to Beelzebubba's post. Peter Levenda is the author of the "Simon" Necronomicon. If you are looking for an honest to god 'finger-burner', as they are called, I would suggest that you check out the Abremelin method.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Weird, I was just thinking about the Necronomicon, fake though it may be. A favorite prop of questionably-intoxicated adolescent boys huddling in woodland clearings over broken bottles and dead campfires. I know, I was there. As were you, I'm guessing.

Anyway, this thread needs more about crawling, slithering horrors from the sucking void beyond the stars, and inbred populaces of tiny New England townships being driven blind and into frenzied madness. Not that I think that's gonna happen or anything, but this thread still needs it, so there it is.

edit on 2/9/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Wow, me too. That is what drew me to this post. Every time I check out the Necronomicon I discover new stuff about Lovecraft and writing in general. I am back in school and have recently written a paper on Nathaniel Hawthorne's "Young Goodman Brown". In that essay I suggested that YGB might be considered a proto literary hoax and referred to Lovecraft's Necronomicon. When I went to Wikipedia to check things out I discovered that I am not alone in this regard. Turns out a literary critic named Donald R. Burleson suggested as much as well.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Frater210 because: Baaaad spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

No doubt! My Eldritch Horror meter is running way too low.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Where's Bruce Campbell when we need him?

2nd line

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Well, folks. I think that if you begin your own research into the Necronomicon you will see pretty quickly how thick things have gotten. I would like to augment Beelzebubba's post with this one directly to Daniel Harms' necronomicon files so that you can get started if you wish.
Moltquedelo, I would like to suggest that you just go ahead and jump in with the Simon version. That's the one that people seem to have gotten into the most trouble with. I understand what you are looking for; take my advice start there.....If you can't find a copy let me know and I will steer you in the right bad direction.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Frater210 because: emoticon fail

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Daniel Harm's Necronomicon Files: www.necfiles.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join