It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks to be given data on Swiss bank accounts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Sure, as long as you report it as income and pay tax on any interest earned... Every year.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

TAXES ARE FRAUDULENT ... Their should never be taxes on income never it is written in the constitution, and If I do win the lottery I plan on trying to pay as little or possibly NO TAXES on it!!!! IT is the biggest scam the government runs and I am sick and tired of supporting filthy greedy corporations and dirty welfare ghetto princesses.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
english.aljazeera.net...

A former Swiss banker has passed on documents allegedly detailing tax evasion attempts by hundreds of business leaders, politicians and celebrities to the whistleblowing website WikiLeaks.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
english.aljazeera.net...

A former Swiss banker has passed on documents allegedly detailing tax evasion attempts by hundreds of business leaders, politicians and celebrities to the whistleblowing website WikiLeaks.

Wow what a fancy disc case.. i want one!

Do you think this could at all be some kind of sting operation whereas by Julian recieving it personally it renders him liable to prosecution? (somewhere, somehow)

thinking out loud here.. but looking at the pic it was the first thought that popped into my mind.

Cheers for the link!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

There must be potential here as the energy put into trying to stop this so far shows how those with the purse-strings operate when threatened. Have you any idea why Julian Assange's Swiss bank account was frozen? Has there been a public record of why that occurred? There should be.

Originally posted by gnostician

lt currently is being investigated.

Swiss Bank PostFinance had announced closure of an account in the name of Julian Assange linked to Wikileaks last week. Now it is being investigated on criminal charges.

Read more: newsflavor.com...

That happened December 2010, when one US Politican made ONE phone call to Amazon to shut down Wikileaks and Julian Assange, a snow ball effect resulting Paypal, Visa, Mastercard and eventually Bank of American ... mind you all this without due process (legal due process)

US desperately tried to protray Wikileaks Organisation and Julian Assange as a terrorist cell/organisation

Public donations especially from the USA were impossible for awhile after US shut down Paypal, Visa, Mastercard and lastly Bank of America made sure their clients could NOT send funds from their Bank of American account directly to Wikileak Bank Accounts in Iceland and Germany

Remember just a bit of pressure from the US via a phone call, no legal due process

If only the US worked this quickly with those Saudis who they know FUND Terror cells in the Middle East

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Back Ground Info

(NB: this wont be new to hard core Wikileak followers of these last few years)

Rudolf Elmer, founder of Swiss Whistleblower will appear in court on January 19. He was fired from Swiss bank Julius Bär in 2002, after which he sent documents to several media outlets and Wikileaks, exposing allegedly illegal activities by Julius Bär clients in the Cayman Islands. Wikileaks was briefly shut down by a US court following publication of these documents.

Unlike most whistleblowers, Elmer's identity was never a secret.

Elmer Says...

I wasn’t looking for anonymity. I signed the first whistle-blower letter to emphasise the credibility but also to show my civil disobedience. It is my conviction that my name is important. People then got in touch with me and I received additional information from other bank clients and further data.

Elmer said he will admit certain counts of coercion, but insisted he didn't break Swiss banking secrecy laws because the files he distributed belonged to a Julius Baer subsidiary in the Cayman Islands, where he worked for the bank for eight years.

"This data wasn't subject to Swiss banking secrecy," he told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Monday.

Jan Vonder Muehll, a spokesman for Julius Baer, confirmed Monday that the bank is one of the plaintiffs in the case against Elmer next week before the Zurich court. But he said the trial would focus on the earlier release of data to Swiss media, not their publication on WikiLeaks.

Source: wlcentral.org...

AP Article:

GENEVA (AP) - A Swiss banker whose actions caused a U.S. judge to briefly shut down WikiLeaks three years ago faces trial for allegedly distributing confidential documents showing how his former employer helped rich clients to dodge taxes.

The case appears to be the first time a WikiLeaks informant will go on trial. It comes as the U.S. government also is trying to prosecute individuals linked to the website for publishing secret military and diplomatic files.

Rudolf Elmer, a former employee of Swiss-based Bank Julius Baer, has been ordered to appear before a Zurich regional court Jan. 19 to answer charges of coercion and violating Switzerland's strict banking secrecy laws. If convicted he could be sentenced to up to three years in prison and a fine.

Elmer said he will admit certain counts of coercion, but insisted he didn't break Swiss banking secrecy laws because the files he distributed belonged to a Julius Baer subsidiary in the Cayman Islands, where he worked for the bank for eight years.

"This data wasn't subject to Swiss banking secrecy," he told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Monday.

Swiss financial newspaper Cash was among those that in 2005 received a copy of a CD containing 170 megabytes of data on Julius Baer's Cayman operations. The files reportedly showed the bank helped its clients set up secret offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes.

Elmer denied giving the files to Cash, but said he did distribute the CD to several media outlets and tax authorities. He later uploaded some of the same information to WikiLeaks, prompting a U.S. judge to shut down the website after Julius Baer claimed Elmer had engaged in "unlawful dissemination of stolen bank records and personal account information of its customers."

The bank quietly dropped its U.S. lawsuit when the suspension order was lifted two weeks later following complaints from free speech groups and media organizations, including The Associated Press.

Jan Vonder Muehll, a spokesman for Julius Baer, confirmed Monday that the bank is one of the plaintiffs in the case against Elmer next week before the Zurich court. But he said the trial would focus on the earlier release of data to Swiss media, not their publication on WikiLeaks.

The 2008 shutdown saw a surge in support for WikiLeaks, which until then had been virtually unknown to a wider public. The site has managed to stay online almost continuously since, despite growing pressure on its Internet service providers following the recent publication of thousands of leaked U.S. war records and diplomatic cables.

Link m.apnews.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
You can watch the Press Conference here: www.ustream.tv...

For the moment the press conference footage is the first video that automatically starts

For future reference the video is dated 17 January 2011

I highly recommend watching this press conference

The press conference is long, over an hour... 1 hour 11 minutes

The press conference format is nothing like conspiracy youtube clips,
So if you're used to youtube clips like that and 10 minute news sound bites from corporate media channels uploaded on youtube, this press conference will test your concentration skills lol

The Press Conference is quite informative, show casing important guest speakers who investigate tax fraud and banking practises and the system globally (American and British speakers VIPs)

Unfortunately the media outlets have NOT mentioned or written much on THIS, just concentred on the ex banker few words (he actually says ALOT) and Julian Assange comments

I highly recommend and encourage every one to watch this press conference, not just watch it but pay attention to everything that is said.... its quite serious
edit on 18-1-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The politics involved with Wikileaks bores me to death these days, I want information and I want it now.

Assange should make a clear deadline for the release of this new banking information and stick to it.

Wikileaks should also disclose the rest of Cablegate in its entirety, not a trickle feed.. it goes against the idea of disclosure and dissemination by external and unbiased sources.

Publish all you like in the papers, but let people with at least some research and journalistic skill to investigate the information for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join