It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I don't believe in God..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Yes of course a christian can sit at home and not have any part to play in life.
But if he does he might as well have not been given life in the first place

Your path in life is decided by you, not any god, Where it takes you thats a different story

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

We will agree to disagree. Thats life.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Aye thats life

second

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
All the answers are in the Bible you are suppossed to read. Being a Catholic does not make you a Christian unfortunately. Once again read your Bible. All the answers to your questions are there. If you beleive in God ask him the questions and he'll answer as long as you don't let religion get in the way of hearing God for yourself.

If you give up because of a tragedy then you never really 'knew' God. I've faced it and my hope is on God. Yours needs to be as well.

Once again, the answers are in what you should already be reading except you need the Holy Spirit to make it clear otherwise it's just words which I suspect may have been the problem until now - you don't operate in the Holy Spirit like the book you possess tells you.

I'm not being harsh, I'm being realistic and maybe I'll be the only one prepared enough not to cuddle you but kick you in the right direction/

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

Were just passing through ........ we are not from here nor do we stay here. Some stay longer, some stay shorter. I never thought I would make it past 28 ...and yet here I am so much longer than that and surprised that I'm still here counting every day as a blessing.

Her being 19 is her having 10 more years than alot of other people have had, or more years than infants who die from SIDS.

Other than that ...the body is a jacket ..........we put it on then take it off when the time comes. Some jackets are built sturdy, others fall apart at the seems, while others are built with so many flaws that they are constantly being put into repair ...especially the older they get.

But one of the most important factors is .......that this girl is a beacon of light, of life, her smile changing the world one person at a time. And her cancer has enabled you to begin to question the bigger things in life.

You've now showed, not only to yourself, but to others that your "belief in God" had its foundation built on everything in your life thus far being alright. Soon as there is a bump in the road ...the belief goes out the window.

But I will end this reply as I always do when talking about the topic of God. If you want to know if God is real or not .....seek the direct experience of God ...seek for yourself whether or not such an experience exists.

Belief is for babies, for beginners .......the veterans, however, experience God directly and now that God is ....irregardless of belief or what you or I or anyone else thinks of God. Seek enlightenment!!!

Death, cancer, disease, wars, famine, plagues, hunger ....is all part of the human experience. Thankfully, we are not from here and we are not staying......

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Sometimes we believe we have a right to a long life. When we see that "right" taken away from someone we care about very much, we can become angry or experience a myriad of emotions. Your friend has a health problem she may not overcome, but her life causes you to believe she has a right to live longer. When someone that is young confronts death, it causes everyone around them to face their own mortality...and that can be a frightening thing to deal with for young people that expect to live a long life. That expectation may not actually be a 'right', and all of us are mortal beings with no guarantees of life expectancy. Only Life Ins deals with that sort of contract, always written in their favor, of course. Each day we are given is a wonderful gift from above and we can live as though it is a Gift "by the Creator". One can choose to share it with the Giver or not. I am an elderly person that has been given many days, but one day it will end. It is the cycle of Life. We all participate in the cycle of Life, every single one of us. There are many "religions" to live by, but it is finding the one you will want with you when those days come to an end. I believe in God and in His wondrous Love for each of us. I know that my time on earth will come to an end one day, and it will be a special time to again see those I love and longed for, and to never hurt or be ill again, or see bad things happening. Think. Who has been waiting to see your friend? Perhaps a Grandmother that loves her dearly, or other relatives are there waiting for her. It will be a special time to never hurt or be ill again, or see anything bad happening. God will give her the things she wanted here, but it will be the kind that last & never fade, go away, or be taken from her. The circle of Life that awaits her there goes forever. We all have a journey on this earth, and we all come to the end of it. John 3:16 is a promise, and it is a promise she can hold onto when her days here come to an end...whether it is tomorrow or when she gets old and gray, like me.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by plunderpower

Your post was beautiful, Thank you

I just popped back to say she is doing well and is responding well to treatment. Much better than anyone anticipated so for now things are looking better

Thank you to all who posted here. I send you all my love and warmest wishes for a happy life xxx

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join