It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Not Able to Sleep Lately?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I have always had insomnia - for the past 2 months I have been sleeping like a baby with some pretty weird dreams. So just the opposite for me.

Same here. I also have very strange dreams and I'm usually sleeping eight hours a day without a problem (Sometimes even more.).

Last time I was on some sort of ghost ship which was turned 45 degree on it's side. The passenger ship was called as the Dmitrij. It is strange, because officially no one can read in his dreams, yet I read the name of the ship which was written with cyrill letters. The entire setting was so strange, so surreal. I'm still wondering what does that dream means and why the ship was called as Dmitrij as I'm no Russian and I also don't know anyone with this name (And also, I never learned how to read cyrill letters at all.).
edit on 17-1-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I blame the internet for my lack of sleep.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenAlpha
well im still awake at 2am in seattle wa. and ive been up since 8am, and its wierd im not even tired?

I want to say something incredibly corny and unoriginal right now, but I'll just go ahead and assume you know what I'm talking about. Chances are I'd probably be the only one here who thinks it's funny.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
yeah i can't sleep started about new year time?.Glad iam not a lone

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by audio assasin

you are right my started the second day of the new year,until then i had no trouble sleeping,now i can't seem to go to sleep,I think we need a count of people who this started for them around the New Year

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Last night was the first night this year I had trouble sleeping.
No rest for the wicked they say.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Yeah. New Year's Eve.

But really, that could also be the cause in and of itself. One all-nighter can get you all mixed up. To be honest, I probably slept all of 2 hours last night. I fell asleep around 5 or 6 AM and woke up at around 8 because I had to be up rather early. I've been up since and as a result I am now feeling tired at 11PM. The only thing keeping me up at this point is the internet and this forum.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

I'm located in southern California we have 2 small children.. they both used to sleep great & now they dont & my hubz & i are experiencing the same poblem. Its not coffee. It almost seems like excitment is in the air? a new energy i think. It's been going on about 2 wks. & my neighbor i recenltly saw her after she said she'd been up all night w/ insomina for the first time in her life. hmmmm.
like the poster above mentioned we've all been getting around 2 hours sleep a night over here :|
edit on 17-1-2011 by fairytale because: add

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Interesting you point this out.

I have recently re-adjusted my sleep schedule and have been going to bed at around 11:30 ish, 12 at the latest.

Last night i couldnt sleep until 2 am.

Nothing major but just ironic that you posted this thread right after that happened.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ERSRHD

that is the problem,i went to bed on New Years eve and didn't even party.went to sleep,it was the 1st of the New Year and bang,haven't been able to go to sleep,i am up to 4 in the morning almost every night now

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well normally I am one to try and debunk things, but honestly I have to admit that I haven't been sleeping all that well lately either. I am usually in bed around 12-2am but I usually can't fall asleep till after 1am. Also I noted some people talking about sinus problems and I have had the same. I have been congested for like 2 months now, and it's worse then ever before. I marked it off to smoking but now that I have read this not so sure. i am in Western North Carolina near the Tennesse border. Also wanted to add that I recently had an eye infection and I am stiff and sore around the neck and shoulders a lot. I have written if off to the bed till now. Cat has also been acting strange the last few days really restless.
edit on 1/17/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

yeah i usually can stay up for 2 days until i get tired. So i lay down and past out. But now i lay down and just stare at things waiting for them to move...._javascript:icon('
') (i just signed up to this site... there should be a little emotioncon thing right there

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

I'm going to take a risk and say that this thread is causing some alarm where there shouldn't be any (but by all means, keep it going!). Asking, "has anyone had trouble sleeping lately?" is bound to yield results because someone somewhere is always having trouble sleeping. Everyone is saying "Oh My GOD! YOU TOO??" but in reality I'm pretty sure there are millions of sleep-deprived people in the world in any given place at any given moment.

It's as if my name was Bob (it's not), and I asked in a thread, "Who here is named Bob", and everyone named Bob would be like, O. M. G. you too??

Just trying to help those in need of some comfort.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The same thing is happening in my household. It's out of ordinary for two of my teenagers. It's beginning to show on their face. They say they are exhausted but can't fall asleep. My oldest son says that people at work are talking about it. So, it's affecting my area in general. Although, I can sleep at the drop of a hat, still.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Perhaps you are on to something, my sleep has been horrible for about the last few weeks myself. Yet with me this is not really something that I can say is due to an outside influence, at least it would be hard for me to come to that conclusion, simply because I have been having serious sleep related disorders now for the past 6 or 7 years. I've had Sleep Apnea, Narcolepsy, Insomnia, Cataplexy (thats a symptom of Narcolepsy where you fall down), and I sleep walk to boot! LOL! Never had any of these symptoms before then....my Narcolepsy seems to have changed a bit too over the course of the past 4 yrs or so. When I first got it I was having Cataplexy where I'd suddenly fall asleep, then drop to the ground like a rag doll. I actually broke my leg about 5 yrs ago from falling in my apartment during such an episode, snapping my shin bone!!! Yep....it was nasty...bone throught the skin and everything! LOL! I've still got a metal rod in it today. Beyond all of that, (or perhaps because of it) My sleep has just been entirely random. It seems completely impossible to get myself on any sort of a schedual. I've tried prescription amphetimenes like Provigil, Nuvigil, and Adderol (sp?) but for some reason these actually knock me completely out....effecting me pretty much opposite to what they should be doing. (all except provigil, which does seem to work a tiny bit...but after about a week of taking it, it seems to stop working, and I have to go back off of it, for a while to work again. I wonder if there has been an increase in really strange cases like my own in recent years?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ERSRHD

I would also like to say that we should consider the number of people who are NOT having trouble sleeping; I'm sure the larger portion of the world's population would fall under that category.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have insomnia but have not need meds just allergy pills. But last Thrusday I went to the Dr. because I wasn't sleeping at all. Also had the headaches, he said it was a migraine. It could very well be the magnetic field. or they are beaming us with mind control beams. LOL

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I do not know what it is from but for the past three months I haven't been able to sleep, and a lot of weird dreams. Involving people I have never met in my life, and places I have never been. It is strange but just my mind working overtime with the craziness around it me thinks. But one never knows.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Well I have seen it said previously in here, but I have read a lot and heard a lot of people talking about how 2012 isn't gonna be the end of the world, but a shift in the human consciousness. Interestingly enough as you mentioned dreaming about people you have never met. I to have had dreams like this and it kind of makes you wonder if maybe they are right and there is a shift coming. Just some interesting food for thought.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've always had trouble sleeping, when I tire of the internet surfing, I play some World of Warcraft, then I turn on futurama and fall asleep, actually thats the only way Im able to fall asleep lol.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join