It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day Before Roswell

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Think you've ever taken grief for talking about UFO's?... Try this on for size:

June 27 1947 - SPOKANE DAILY CHRONICLE (Washington)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ade431cf65e6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
July 4 1947 - Santa Monica, California - 5:00 P.M. PST

HOLLYWOOD CITIZEN-NEWS (California) 7/5
LOS ANGELES HERALD-EXPRESS 7/5
YUMA SUN & ARIZONA SENTINEL (Arizona) 7/5
CINCINNATI TIMES-STAR (AP) 7/5
CHICAGO HERALD-AMERICAN (INS, Seattle) (ILLINOIS) 7/5
SALT LAKE CITY DESERET NEWS (AP) (Utah) 7/5
SAN FRANCISCO EXAMINER (INS) (California) 7/6
LOS ANGELES EXAMINER (California) 7/6
CHICAGO SUNDAY TIMES (Illinois) 7/6

"Fliers Get Close Up -- One Says Ovals "Scared Him Silly"

Pilot Dan J. Whelan, and companion Duncan Underhill, had taken off from the Santa Monica Airport in a private plane, bound for San Diego.

Twenty-five miles to the south, while flying at an altitude of 5,000 feet, they saw a disc-shaped object "catapulting across the sky" toward the northwest on a steady course at about 7,000 feet.

"It was traveling 400 to 500 miles an hour," Whelan said. "It was not spinning, but looked exactly like a skeet" (a rifle practice target).

Both he and Underhill estimated the disc was "about 40 to 50 feet in diameter."

Whelan admitted to the press that the appearance of the object "scared me silly."

edit on 24-4-2011 by A51Watcher because: usual

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
July 4 1947 - Between Emmett, Idaho and Ontario, Oregon - 9:04 P.M. MST

OREGON JOURNAL (Portland) 7/5
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER (Washington) 7/5
OREGONIAN (Portland) 7/5 & 7/6
BOISE DAILY STATESMAN (Idaho) 7/5 & 7/6
CHICAGO TIMES (AP, Boise) (Illinois) 7/5, 7/7
LOS ANGELES EXAMINER (AP) (California) 7/5
NEW YORK HERALD-TRIBUNE (AP) 7/6
AP, UP & INS in nearly all papers for 7/5 & 7/6

Flying Disc Mystery Grows As Airline Crew Spots 5 More

United Air Lines Flight 105 left Gowan Field, Boise, bound for Seattle with Captain Emil J. Smith at the controls and First Officer Ralph Stevens in the co-pilot's seat.

Before they boarded the plane in Boise, someone had asked them if they had seen any flying saucers, and Smith jokingly retorted, "I'll believe them when I see them."

Eight minutes later, both he and Stevens were converted into believers.

As they flew over Emmett, Idaho, approaching a cruising altitude of about 7,000 feet, Stevens reached over to blink his landing lights, believing he had seen a plane ahead at about the same level as the airliner. He called Smith's attention to it.

They immediately saw four more, arranged in a "loose formation."

"At first I thought it was a group of light planes returning from some Fourth of July celebration," said Smith, "but then I realized the things were not aircraft, but were flat and circular."

Not believing their eyes, they called the stewardess, Miss Marty Morrow, forward. Without telling her what to look for, they directed her attention to the sky ahead of them. Looking out the cockpit window, Miss Morrow exclaimed, "why, there's a formation of those flying discs!"

The objects appeared "huge" and were dark grey, silhouetted against the bright evening sky.

The pilots thought they were much larger than ordinary aircraft... The discs were "smooth on the bottom, and rough on top," according to the witnesses.

As soon as Miss Morrow had confirmed their observation, Smith called the control tower at Ontario, Oregon, giving his position and flight direction. He asked the tower operators to step outside to see if they could see anything unusual in the direction from which the plane was approaching. The tower operators saw nothing, which led Smith to believe that the discs were larger and farther away than they originally estimated -- possibly as far away as 30 miles.

The objects appeared to "merge," and then disappeared to the northwest. No sooner had they gone out of sight when another group came into view to the left and ahead of them.

By this time the airliner had reached its cruising altitude of 8,000 feet, and was flying over rugged country toward the Blue Mountains, in eastern Oregon.

In the second group, the discs were arranged in a straight line, three together and the fourth off by itself. "This group seemed to be higher than our flight path," reported the pilot, "and when they did leave, they left fast!"

The nine objects had been in view for at least twelve minutes, seen over a distance of more than 45 miles. Smith was certain that the objects had to be considerably larger than a DC-3 to have been seen for such a great distance.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
July 5 1947 - Albany, Oregon - 3:20 P.M. PST

OREGONIAN (AP) (Portland) 7/6
SEATTLE TIMES (Washington) 7/6
AP & UP in many papers for 7/6

Ted Tannich and William Lemon, said they saw a silvery, disc—shaped object flying in a straight course to the south.

The disc made a sudden stop, reversing its course almost instantaneously and moved back north.

The entire maneuver took place in less than 15 seconds, according to the witnesses.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'va always found it interesting a lot of UFO activity being reported in the US very soon after the nazi scientists were brought to the US like von braun

I wonder how many UFO's are just super classified US or chinese or soviet ships that were developed by those guys.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
July 5 1947 - Zanesville, Ohio - 8:55 P.M. EST

COLUMBUS DISPATCH (AP, Zanesville 7/5) (Ohio) 7/6
SALT LAKE CITY TRIBUNE (AP, Zanesville 7/5) (Utah) 7/6

Weather observer and CAA Communications Operator Miss Barry Peruzzo, at the Zanesville Airport control tower, said that she had seen two disc—like objects flying over the field about ten minutes apart.

She reported that she had seen the first "fairly oval" object while she was checking the ceiling visibility, one of her duties. "I had just stepped outside when the first object came over at about 5,000 feet," she said, "it was flying under the ceiling of clouds. The second disc followed it five or ten minutes later".

"They went very fast, headed in a northeasterly direction," she added. The witness declined to estimate the speed of the objects, as she was uncertain of their size.

"I saw them for only about 15 seconds at a time," she said. She heard no noise.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
July 5 1947 - Cambridge, Maryland - 9:45 P.M. EST

CAMBRIDGE DAILY BANNER (Maryland) 7/7

Mrs. Scott Jones, daughter, and children witnessed a "shooting star" turn and float toward the Phillips Packing Company in Cambridge.

It then turned again in an opposite direction.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61222d697e73.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i might have to go to my library and look for some stories. i think its funny that some of the smartest people say the stupidist things. like when scientists say that theirs no other life. of course their is. so their trying to tell me, out of this gigantic universe, were the only thing alive. all the galaxys, the solar systems, and the planets, only one can support life. give me a break. were HUMANS, we need our goldy locks conditions. their ALIENS, they need their conditions. maybe our planet cant support their life, and maybe thiers cant support ours. why the hell do you think we where helmets when we go places?
edit on 24-4-2011 by secretmonkeypants because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I'va always found it interesting a lot of UFO activity being reported in the US very soon after the nazi scientists were brought to the US like von braun...

Yes I would imagine that Werner Von Braun and his fellow Operation Paperclip scientists who arrived in late 1945 and early 1946 at Fort Bliss, Texas:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecd8c2616a3e.jpg[/atsimg]

were responsible for several 'reports of UFO activity' in that area, since their TS modified V-2 project was producing a new type of aerial display never seen before.

However those would not account for - not only the bodies and craft recovered at Roswell - , they could not account for the manuevers we see described in these newspaper accounts, such as:

A year and a half after arriving at Fort Bliss is hardly time to create and develop technology that violates the laws of physics, such as disc shaped craft with no aerodynamic surface controls performing speeds of 15,000 mph and cutting 90° corners without slowing down, and also sudden instantaneous vertical ascent into space.

I also doubt they would continually buzz their own cities and military installations with these craft, increasing the public hysteria day by day.

However you can be sure that Von Braun was more interested than most, in these 1947 saucer sighting reports of incredible manuevers at unimaginable speeds, and read the daily reports with great curiosity.

In fact he would be an obvious expert for The Pentagon to consult on what these new mystery discs might be.

And already having active TS clearances for his work, he would be ready to go on any sudden field trips that might arise, such as the one related by Clark C. McClelland:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ea6bae28beb.jpg[/atsimg]

During the periodic MFA (Manned Flight Awareness) meetings that were held at Cocoa Beach, I was able to talk freely and briefly with such scientists, particularly Dr. von Braun.

"On one such occasion, he and I had taken a break and stepped out of the Cocoa Beach Ramada Inn into the back patio. I admitted that I was aware that he and his German Scientific team were located not too far from the crash site at that time. They were launching captured V-2 rockets from the White Sands Testing Range.

On this night, I asked him a question concerning the Roswell Incident that caused his eyebrows to raise.

Did the Roswell Incident in fact happen, was an alien craft recovered along with alien bodies? Did you have a chance to go to the crash site?"

Von Braun lit a cigarette, thought for a second, and then began to discuss the crash openly.

He trusted me to hear such astonishing events because I vowed to not report it to newspapers, magazines, television, etc. I never broke that vow. Since he is deceased, and the incident happened over fifty years ago, I am now disclosing what I heard...

Dr. von Braun explained how he and his associates had been taken to the crash site after most of the military were pulled back. They did a quick analysis of what they found.

He told me the craft did not appear to be made of metal as we know metal on earth. He said it seemed to be created from something biological, like skin. I was lost as to what he indicated, other than thinking perhaps the craft was "alive."

The recovered bodies were temporarily being kept in a nearby medical tent. They were small, very frail and had large heads. Their eyes were large. Their skin was grayish and reptilian in texture. He said it looked similar to the skin texture of rattle snakes he'd seen several times at White Sands.

His inspection of the debris had even him puzzled: very thin, aluminum colored, like silvery chewing gum wrappers. Very light and extremely strong.

The interior of the craft was nearly bare of equipment, as if the creatures and craft were part of a single unit.

That's when I became lost in the moment. We returned to the awards ceremony, in which he participated, later bidding farewell. I went home with my head spinning from all I had heard."

link

It is therefore no suprise that we find the final following quote:

"Wernher Von Braun knew about the extraterrestrial issue." -
Dr. Carol Rosin, spokesperson for Wernher Von Braun last years of his life.

edit on 24-4-2011 by A51Watcher because: usual

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by A51Watcher

Damn. I had no idea that he was at the crash site. This information you provided greatly increases the legitimacy of the crash. I wonder what kinds of excuses skeptics would have for that. There's too many identical testimonies from people who were there when it happened and they all can't be dismissed.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by A51Watcher

I'va always found it interesting a lot of UFO activity being reported in the US very soon after the nazi scientists were brought to the US like von braun...

Yes I would imagine that Werner Von Braun and his fellow Operation Paperclip scientists who arrived in late 1945 and early 1946 at Fort Bliss, Texas:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecd8c2616a3e.jpg[/atsimg]

were responsible for several 'reports of UFO activity' in that area, since their TS modified V-2 project was producing a new type of aerial display never seen before.

However those would not account for - not only the bodies and craft recovered at Roswell - , they could not account for the manuevers we see described in these newspaper accounts, such as:

A year and a half after arriving at Fort Bliss is hardly time to create and develop technology that violates the laws of physics, such as disc shaped craft with no aerodynamic surface controls performing speeds of 15,000 mph and cutting 90° corners without slowing down, and also sudden instantaneous vertical ascent into space.

I also doubt they would continually buzz their own cities and military installations with these craft, increasing the public hysteria day by day.

However you can be sure that Von Braun was more interested than most, in these 1947 saucer sighting reports of incredible manuevers at unimaginable speeds, and read the daily reports with great curiosity.

In fact he would be an obvious expert for The Pentagon to consult on what these new mystery discs might be.

And already having active TS clearances for his work, he would be ready to go on any sudden field trips that might arise, such as the one related by Clark C. McClelland:

clip

hey, thanks for taking the time to respond, I'm always surpirised when someone even reads one of my posts

I hadn't heard of any of that info, thanks for posting it.

I really don't know what to make of roswell. I go back and forth. what got me thinking about the nazi's was a show or video I saw where thay said the nazi's were into the occult, and the markings found on the roswell artifacts that seemed alien were actully just nazi occult runes or writings

seemed plausible at the time

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

hey, thanks for taking the time to respond, I'm always surpirised when someone even reads one of my posts

Not at all, sharing ideas and bits of the puzzle is how we all arrive at a larger understanding.

what got me thinking about the nazi's was a show or video I saw where thay said the nazi's were into the occult, and the markings found on the roswell artifacts that seemed alien were actully just nazi occult runes or writings

Yes this is the problem with tv shows. We are left with no way to ask for sources. I would love to see the producers of that show come up with any witnesses to actual Roswell wreckage who state it was nazi or occult writings. The people who were there state no such thing.

I hadn't heard of any of that info, thanks for posting it.
I really don't know what to make of roswell. I go back and forth.

You just haven't seen all the information yet then, and tv shows are certainly not going to provide it. Books by researchers and depositions by witnesses is your best source of accurate information.

In the period between Randle and Schmitt's first and second book, I asked Kevin how many witnesses we had so far. The answer was: 500+ first and second hand witnesses to either craft, wreckage or bodies.

Now, a few decades later the number is even higher though I don't have exact figures. I have posted some of the more recent revelations earlier in this thread. Check out the evidence from the various sources I mentioned and you won't be going back and forth.

The great thing about ATS is you can actually ask for sources, unlike tv shows.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by A51Watcher

thanks for the info

the case that always pushes me over the edge is the belgium triangle case. If I'm not mistaken the belgium gov't corroborated witness testimony and released radar info to the public. so you had police officers following the craft, and the gov't backing it up with radar

sorry i that's off topic

carry on....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
July 4 1947 - Portland and Milwaukee, OR, and Vancouver, WA - 1:05 P.M. PST

OREGONIAN (Portland) 7/5

Radio newsman Frank Cooley of station KOIN, INS wire service employees in the Portland Oregon Journal Building, Clark County Sheriff's Deputy Fred Krives, Deputy Clarence McKay, Sgt. John Sullivan, Portland Police Officer Kenneth A. McDowell, Harbor Patrol Capt. K. A. Prahn, Harbor Patrolmen A. T. Austad and K. C. Hoff, Portland Police Officers Earl J. Patterson, Walter A. Lissy and Robert Ellis, Oregon Highway Patrol Sgt. Claude Cross, and many others over a wide area, for 30-90 seconds saw 5 large discs moving at high speed to the E, 2 flying S and 3 to the E, with oscillating or wobbling motion, sudden 90° turns or zigzagging.

Radio reports alerted other officers who saw the objects, aluminum or chromium color, disc or hubcap or pie-pan or half-moon shape flashing in the sun, no vapor trail, no noise (except possible humming), some at 10,000-­40,000 ft others at about 1,000 ft.

McDowell noticed pigeons reacted. Sullivan, McKay and Krives noted low humming sound and reported 20-30 objects. Cooley reported 12 discs at about 20,000 ft.
Patterson, Lissy and Ellis were pilots.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by maxinsurrey

Not sure if anyone answered you but you should be able to go to your local library to look at old papers just go in and ask

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Thx for this interesting thread an newspaper snippets! I don't think the Germans had something to do with any sightings after WWII. Of course it's no proof, but I've been to Peenemünde with my own researches, where Wernher von Braun worked and has been captures by the Americans in Operation Paperclip (check out my thread in my signature).

I do think the aliens had just more interest after WWII and where the science would lead the humans...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
A51Watcher, you must read this if you haven't already. Some of the information in this document blew my mind. I've read all 92 pages of it and it has the same exact information that I've found from other sources.

www.scribd.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
reply to post by maxinsurrey

Not sure if anyone answered you but you should be able to go to your local library to look at old papers just go in and ask

Thanks for that maxinsurrey. I would think that with the staggering amount of sightings we are seeing uncovered here, and their undeniable world- wide nature, that anyone anywhere who makes a trip to their library, will uncover new pieces to this amazing emerging picture.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Hi Dalbeck, thanks for posting that great OP on your trip. I always find first- hand research like yours the best source for information, yes?

I also agree with your assessment of the German's capability during WWII, and also the motives for the aliens curiosity.

'Perhaps in six or nine months it may be possible to speak with more precision on the matter'.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join