It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel tested Stuxnet on Iran, with US help'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

'Israel tested Stuxnet on Iran, with US help'

www.hindustantimes.com

US and Israeli intelligence services collaborated to develop a destructive computer worm to sabotage Iran's efforts to make a nuclear bomb, The New York Times reported on Saturday. In its online edition, the Times quoted intelligence and military experts as saying Israel has tested the effectiveness of the Stuxnet computer worm, which apparently shut down a fifth of Iran's nuclear centrifuges in November and helped delay its ability to make its first nuclear weapons.

The testing took place at the heavily guarded Dimona complex in the Negev desert housing the Middle East's sole, albeit un
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The first proof to come out that this happened with Israel and US pulling the levers.

I am really growing tired of my country meddling in foreign nations affairs, and I believe that it will be the most important voting point for me in the future.

Foreign Relations have become nothing more than keeping the little guy down for the sake of staying the global bully. I'm not for Iran getting a nuke, or the ability to create it, but who are we to stop them?

Unless there is a real and direct threat to use it, I don't see any reason to preempt them. Personally, I think that the world would be a much calmer place if politicans had to think about getting their country nuked before they started making up excuses to wage public and black wars.

www.hindustantimes.com

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
LMAO!! Then who are you going to vote for?

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

The first proof to come out that this happened with Israel and US pulling the levers.

I am really growing tired of my country meddling in foreign nations affairs, and I believe that it will be the most important voting point for me in the future.

Foreign Relations have become nothing more than keeping the little guy down for the sake of staying the global bully. I'm not for Iran getting a nuke, or the ability to create it, but who are we to stop them?

Unless there is a real and direct threat to use it, I don't see any reason to preempt them. Personally, I think that the world would be a much calmer place if politicans had to think about getting their country nuked before they started making up excuses to wage public and black wars.

www.hindustantimes.com

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It makes me think of all those world-class Chinese hackers and that sage personage of old who first said, "What goes around, comes around...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I personally like the way it says that it delayed Irans developement of nuclear weapons when all along Iran has denied it wants to develope nuclear weapons.

logic dictates that if you create a news article about 1 fact, you can add many fictions to it and it looks more credible.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It sure beats starting WWIII doesn't it? However nothing satisfies the brainwashed left. They won't be satisfied until Sharia law is the law of the land and Israel and the US are smoking ruins; even if they end up dead or enslaved in the process.

Personally I'd say nice job Israel. Great idea lets hope we can solve the Iranian problem with minimal bloodshed.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

...I'm not for Iran getting a nuke, or the ability to create it, but who are we to stop them?

Um, we and our allies are the ones they would intend to use it against, that's who we are to (want to) stop them.

Unless there is a real and direct threat to use it, I don't see any reason to preempt them.

So, then you actually agree with this action...

Personally, I think that the world would be a much calmer place if politicans had to think about getting their country nuked before they started making up excuses to wage public and black wars.

Well...nukes for everyone then! World problems solved.

The alternative was to have Israel launch an assault against their facilities. Had they done that the world would have roundly denounced them...okay, people would have gone nuts. So, the U.S. and Israel instead cooked up a bloodless way of slowing the Iranians down...and still folks are bent out of shape.

Unbelievable.

I say, bravo! No military or civilian casualties...objective achieved.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Computer worms...un-manned drones. Where's the humanity?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
That's just cool.

Hits on key scientists, now eating Iranian computers from the inside.

Really cool.

Couldn't happen to an nicer bunch.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This is surprising to me. Not the fact that Israel is behind it, because Israeli/American involvement was already hinted in Symantec's whitepaper some time ago, but what surprises me is that the New York Times would run the story.

Does anyone else have suspicions behind the motive? I'm sure they had to be given the go-ahead before they ran it. What would the motive behind running the story be? To goad the hardliners in Iran into doing something stupid? According to a leaked Wikileaks cable, the leader of the Revolutionary Guard slapped President Ahmedinejad in the face this past year. Sounds to me that there's already a power struggle going on in that country and the NY Times running a story like this is only going to aid the hardliners.
edit on 16-1-2011 by ayoss because: readability

edit on 16-1-2011 by ayoss because: added link to NY Times story

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
99% of everything you hear is propaganda, or "public relations". So if the US and Israel aren't going to step up and say "It was us, and we don't care what you think!" when this happened, there's something to hide.

Is this a bloodless solution? Well I guess that would infer that there would be bloodshed otherwise. Does anyone doubt that war with Iran will happen regardless, if it is their desire? So what have we really done other than make ourselves look like fools?

That's my stance, either you let them have the nuke or you use direct military action. There's no flowers and sunshine here.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
I say, bravo! No military or civilian casualties...objective achieved.

What exactly is the objective here? Suppressing any rise of power from an independent nation so the West is able to maintain its dominance in the region through its most useful proxy? I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, I'm trying to logically determine what the objective actually is. Between the United States and Israel exists enough nuclear weaponry to turn all of Iran to sheet glass however they are not allowed to construct their own facility, which may or may not be utilized to create a few bombs? Any one of the HEL-equipped satellites in the region at the time would be more then enough to utilize any Iranian nuclear threat.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Israel and US causing havoc on sovereign countries internal affairs?
What a surprise!

www.nytimes.com... hp

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
ISRAEL and THE USA "tested" the STUXNET worm on IRAN!!

You ask yourself this, who is that says IRAN wants a NUKE, and that they want to destroy the world?
THE MEDIA (Who owns the MEDIA...?)

IRAN does not want to NUKE the world or destroy it.

It wants to destroy ISRAEL.....

YOU have been lied to all your lives.

IRAN is not bad, they are likely to be the WORLDS saviour.
ISLAM is not BAD, read your history.

Then figure out who "taught" you yours.

The writing is ON THE WALL.

Thursday, Jewish "NEW YEAR FOR TREES".......

1/3 of the EARTH will be BURNT
1/3 of the TREES will be destroyed
1/3 of the WATER will be poisoned
1/3 of the SHIPS will be destroyed.
ALL of the GRASS will become YELLOW.

IRIDIUM Constellation of Satellite, THE SUN & COREXIT.

May 14th. Israels "Anniversary", they are expecting their GOD to return.
They are following JEWISH scripture.

Sorry to KEEP repeating myself. Soon it will be TOO late. They have been preparing for YEARS.
edit on 16-1-2011 by aoi3610 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What no one seems to be concerned about is why Pakistan ( a country the U.S. is trying to destabilize), India, North Korea, and Israel are all allowed to have nukes but not Iran. With the exception of India, none of these countries are truly stable or trustworthy enough to have them. There is a hidden reason why and it's not because Iran wants to "destroy Israel". What would happen if Turkey wanted nukes? Turkey has American nukes stationed in Turkey but Turkish-owned. I still stand by my theory: Iran or Turkey with their own nukes would mean they would be a influential force in the Muslim world.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
Computer worms...un-manned drones. Where's the humanity?

Kinda the point, I think. Either 1) no "humanity" on either side dead or 2) None of our "humanity" dead or maimed with as few innocent "humanity" dead or maimed on the other side.
edit on 16/1/11 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
What no one seems to be concerned about is why Pakistan ( a country the U.S. is trying to destabilize), India, North Korea, and Israel are all allowed to have nukes but not Iran. With the exception of India, none of these countries are truly stable or trustworthy enough to have them. There is a hidden reason why and it's not because Iran wants to "destroy Israel". What would happen if Turkey wanted nukes? Turkey has American nukes stationed in Turkey but Turkish-owned. I still stand by my theory: Iran or Turkey with their own nukes would mean they would be a influential force in the Muslim world.

I think it comes down to how a country having nuclear weapons takes options off the table for the US.

Countries that aren't necessarily stable but have US-friendly puppet dictators installed in them, are allowed to have them because we feel we won't need go to war against them in the future. Countries that are doing their own thing, looking out for their own interests... we may need to overthrow in the future and them having nuclear weapons takes options off the table for us. Pretty much, they need to be treated with respect.

We don't like that.

EDIT: I think N. Korea is allowed to have them because they have nothing we want.
edit on 16-1-2011 by ayoss because: Added quote & last sentence.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
[UPDATE]

Now they are saying that without this attack, we would be forced to attack Iran. To what end, I ask? To prevent them from getting an A-Bomb that they will either be smart enough not to use, or dumb enough to get themselves wiped off the face of the earth. So what?

Stuxnet cyberworm heads off US strike on Iran

The chances of a military strike against Iran this year are receding because of the success of a joint Israeli-US cyberattack on the country's nuclear facilities, according to officials and analysts with knowledge of the clandestine operation.

The New York Times reported today that Israel, with US help, had set up a model of the Iranian nuclear process at Dimona, the Israeli nuclear arms development centre in the Negev desert, to test a sophisticated destructive programme.

A computer worm, Stuxnet, was known last year to have been inserted into the Iranian nuclear operation and Iran admitted its programme had been delayed.

What is new is the role of Dimona, where the Israelis are reported to have been spinning nuclear centrifuges virtually identical to Iran's nuclear plant at Natanz, and the extent of involvement by US researchers and intelligence agencies. The centrifuges are used to enrich uranium.

Last year, rumours of military action began to be heard louder round Washington, with diplomats and officials warning that this year would be the year of decision on whether to launch a military strike. But the mood has changed.

Source : www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
wouldn't you think iran was intelligent enough not to have internet access at its nuclear site.

do the iranian nuclear scientists need to check their facebook account. you can have internal email accounts without being connected to the web. any outside emails can be sent to one secure computer in the facility that is not connected to any other systems and then retyped in a seperate computer and sent to the relevant parties.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Iran (or more correctly "Persia")

Hasnt had a snowballs chance since Mohammad Mossadegh was usurped.

Kinda like Iraq was going not too bad (compared) till we put Hussein in power.

Folks will have to answer to their maker eventually. Glad I aint one of'em.

Washington warned against "foreign entanglements". Shoulda listened.

Lotta good people have died for this. Damn shame.

Karmas a drag. Oh well, wheel keeps spinnin'.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join