It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abduction/Visitation: Induction of Sleep Paralysis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is not just a re-hash of old material. After a brief review of the topic, I will discuss a new angle that I don't remember seeing anybody else bring to the table.

The experiences of alien abduction/visitation have been reported by many thousands of people. Let us remind ourselves that the experience goes back into history. It is only in the space-age that it has been associated with aliens. Ancient examples include the incubus and the Celtic fairy phenomenon.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4bd79b7074d.jpg[/atsimg]

In modern times, while the historical aspects of the phenomena continue, a new dimension has manifested. This is the space age popular notion of the Alien Abduction. The Hills Abduction (1961) is probably the most famous and first well known example.

Five of the most solid cases are discussed in this thread by JKrog. JKrog draws the conclusion from studying these cases that the following conclusion.

In conclusion,obviously we can see the stunning similarities here stretched out not only by space(accounts all over the world),but by time as well.All the creatures look the same,the modus operandi is the same,I think these can also be presented as a clincher for proof of aliens existence.I am more than willing to hear any and all debate on any one of these cases,as well as invite opinions from the members who believe in this ongoing phenomena. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The 'alien abduction' phenomenon has, given us remarkably little by way of physical evidence. One of the few examples is an alien hair that was left on the penis of Australian, Peter Khoury after a visitation experience. This hair was subjected to DNA analysis and showed that the DNA was a extremely rare human Asian type which is further from the human mainstream that all but the African pygmy family. Bill Chalkers article on this case can be found here. He has also written a book on the case.

As Chalker discusses below, we had more of this type of evidence to work with. As a trained scientist with a working knowledge of molecular genetics, I can only concur. I would love the opportunity to review more of this type of research. It is high time mainstream UFOlogy and alien research became a more credible discipline.

I certainly would be more comfortable if dozens of samples like that from Khoury’s experience existed and if their testing revealed some consistency of results. But for now we have only this anomalous sample, which has provided us with a strange DNA profile. Meanwhile, our findings will continue to be subjected to review and debate. While the Khoury case confirms the utility of the DNA forensic approach, the real challenge ahead for researchers is to determine if these anomalies are both valid and significant. To do this, abduction researchers should cooperate in a testing program focused on DNA profiling. Testing of a significant number of legitimate samples would allow us to validate or invalidate the apparent anomalies so far documented. Such a strategy could help us determine whether the aliens are a biological reality and if indeed any of them are visiting our planet and abducting humans.
Chalker, Bill (1995). Hair of the Alien: The DNA Paradigm.

As is well known, the experience is associated with sleep paralysis. This has been taken by many sceptical researchers and pschologists to dismiss the phenomenon as a physiological or spiritual experience.. Skyfloating wrote an interesting peice in the OP to this interesting thread and draws the conclusion that it is all astral in origin.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
So why do I think that the "Grays" are not actually ETs but astral-beings? Because:

* Almost all Abduction accounts take place in the bedroom in states of sleep, half-sleep, half-waking, etc. The only way the astral-world is accesible is in a state between waking and sleeping.

* Some Abductees talk of sleep-paralysis, which is a telltale-sign of an astral-experience.

* The only physical evidence that ever shows up is related to the physical body (scars, wounds, rashes). The astral-level, in conjunction with the mind is able to create such phenomena (if the mind is convinced of its reality) but unlikely to have any stronger influence on the physical realm.

* The actions performed are not immediately recognizable as those we might associate benevolence or a species that is ethically highly advanced with. Holding people against their will is more typical of astral-entities.

There is a more important reason I think alien-abductions may not be alien-abductions but astral-phenomenon: Because I experienced abductions myself, as a child. And I also experienced astral-projection. And sleep-paralysis. And they all tied in with each other. And the experiences were very real, even horrifying, but they did not seem to take place in the same reality as waking-life. And I didn't seem able to bring back evidence of the experiences as they all happened at night.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But could JKrog be right that there is a real group of creatures responsible?

My new suggestion on the alien abduction/visitation phenomenon is as follows. What if the modern manifestation is due to an exploitation of the physiological mechanism of sleep paralysis. This could be by either an extra-dimensional race (which ties in nicely with both JKrog's and Skyfloating's respective ideas above) or Extraterrestrial race or even a mixture of the both.

If the phenomena is partly physical, evidenced by the hair mentioned above, marks on the body mentioned by Skyfloating and even the reports of possible implants then it must be possible to induce sleep paralysis by an astral (extra-dimensional) or technological means. This would also mean that covert MILABS operations may have exploited the same techniques in the MILABS abductions mentioned in this thread started by decoy.
edit on 15/1/11 by Pimander because: Altered thread title

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thanks a lot,i aint sleeping tonight,this is my greatest fear!

Real or not, i watched a film called fire in the sky when i was a kid and it is the scariest film ive ever seen!
edit on 15/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I first of all would like to say, excellent thread. I enjoyed it very much.

Now as for my opinion, I'd have to slide more towards the quotation of Skyfloating, as I've also experienced these kind of experiences. I consider myself a major player of sleep-paralysis, and it isn't fun. I've also accidentally performed astral projections. I've read up on much of it to see methods for control, but I'm not exactly a professional at it.

I know it works though because of some of the crazy things I've been able to do. When I was a kid, I accidentally projected myself from my body and was walking around my home. I decided to walk down the hall to the living room where my parents were still up watching late-night tv... I remember them watching Jay Leno, but then suddenly, I felt a wicked tug and I flew back to my body in a milisecond, waking up. When I ran down to hall to peak, there he was on the TV, Jay Leno, doing his routine. It was baffeling.

But I'd have to say the most recent, was one night when I was in bed with my fiance, resting peacefully when all of a sudden, my sleep paralysis kicked in... Just staring around the room is about all most people can do. A high sense of anxiety will follow on most occassions, shortness of breath (because your lungs are working on sleep-mode). Then through the corner of my eyes a slender figure approached my bed, though covered in shadow, he raised his long skinny fingers over my body and touched me over my heart with his finger. I don't know the meaning behind it, but I woke up in a flash, no one was there... but the next few days, my normal chest pains were non-existent. It was strange.

Oh well, that's it for now. Great post, once again.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Given the insane amount of melatonin and '___' dumped into your body by your pineal gland, while you sleep... I'd say anything is possible.

Keep in mind when someone "does" '___'.. they're doing a very very SMALL fraction of '___' compared to what your body dumps ALL NIGHT via dreaming.. '___' users experience "out of body" or "astral-projection" etc...

There's a LOT more to the mind than people know/admit...
edit on 15-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

The fact is that there has never been any independently witnessed abduction. Nobody has stood there and watched a group of non-human entities carry a person away.

This then indicates it is a subjective experience as opposed to an objective one. As you have said people are almost always abducted from their beds. Even when people claim they were abducted from a vehicle or while out walking they only recall this during hypnosis while they are lying down. This results in the “lying on the table and being examined cliché” simply because they are lying down during the dream or recall session.

A dream common amongst people is that they are naked or in bed clothes in a public place. This is when your conscious and subconscious intermingle. You are conscious of the fact that you are naked (if you sleep that way) while you continue your subconscious dream experience.

You may also want to look at the work of Michael Persinger. You can even buy electromagnetic devices that may go some way to inducing abduction or haunting experiences.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

You may also want to look at the work of Michael Persinger. You can even buy electromagnetic devices that may go some way to inducing abduction or haunting experiences.

Please, tell me more about these devices. I personally don't remember my dreams.. haven't in a while, but the idea of inducing an experience is interesting.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Great thread.

I often suffer from sleep paralysis, although it normally comes on when Im either very tired or not that tired and forcing myself to get to sleep. I havent ever had the feeling of being abducted my Aliens while in paralysis but I have had some strange episodes.

I've had a goblin jumping on my bed, the feeling of someone sitting on my bed and I sink into the area the person is sitting on, but I cant move to see who it is, My latest one I had the feeling of people in my room while I know I was alone, and could hear someone talking and say "He's asleep". I managed to get out of it and wake up and no one was there. Also once while I know I was paralysed I managed to get up walk to the bedroom door, then all of a sudden my whole body started shaking and the next thing I know I was awake and back in bed.

I was once told when you suffer a sleep paralysis attack you should look around the room and find something that you know is different or wrong and you will wake up. Like if you notice your wallpaper is different or the clock is in a different place, or going backwards or your furniture has moved etc. But that just made me think of different dimensions

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Sleep Paralysis is just like a syndrome ..... if you have some symptoms you have it...

What caused it ? It doesn't matter .....

If they can't explain it, or don't want you talking about it, it's a sleep disorder, you have all symptoms of sleep Paralysis and if you tell them what it was, your delusinal and you have sleep paralysis that is causing you delusinal hallucinations that are symptoms of another syndrome... maybe asperger .... (ahahaha)

Don´t talk about it and your perfectly normal ... lol

Syndrom :

en.wikipedia.org...

You know what ... In my case I don't talk about it and when the subject is on the table, knowing what it isn't, I never tell that I know it, I just say that "I don't *think*it is sleep paralysis" and never,never, say what it is, that means I've no symptoms .. whitout symptoms you have no syndrome ..........I'm perfectly normal ....

The minut you make the mistake to say that it happens to you and that it isn't sleep paralysis but something else, you have all the symptoms of it. You now have a syndrome ... lol

Now I've a syndrome in ATS ... and no Syndrome out of it ... that's hilarious.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by igigi

Please, tell me more about these devices. I personally don't remember my dreams.. haven't in a while, but the idea of inducing an experience is interesting.

The best way to recall dreams is to have a double alarm system. Wake yourself up a couple of hours before your proper wake-up time and let yourself drift back to sleep. You will often have a vivid or even lucid dream in this shallow sleep mode.

Persinger developed a device called the God Helmet. It was made from a motorbike crash helmet fitted with electro magnets. When people wore the helmet and went into a sleep state Persinger was able to manipulate the electro magnets and stimulate areas of the brain that brought about the sensation of the presence of a ghost or alien.

This is the commercially available version

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have experienced sleep paralysis on an almost regular basis for years now. I never saw any figures or felt like I was visited by anyone. It is extremely confusing and frightening anyway. I tried to seek treatment one time at a local hospital and every doctor I talked to claimed to not understand what I was telling them and they actually put me into their psych unit for almost 24 hours. They let me out after determining I was not a threat to myself of others. I was never treated and will not seek treatment again. I felt so embarresed and wronged. I can't believe all the doctors I spoke to never heard of sleep paralysis. I thought it was fairly common. S&F.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
S&F for an interesting thread

I have experienced sleep paralysis under several different circumstances, most of which involved me being over tired physically but not mentally (or the other way round!) on several occasions I've seen dark hooded shadow figures in my room and fought to wake up as I was aware i was asleep and unable to move! They are actually very similar to nightmares in my experience... As a Mental Health Nurse of many many years I know that the brain is a very very complex organism of which we know very little about and use very little of!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Good thread op, I'm not against what you are saying but what about incidents such as the "Brooklyn Bridge" abduction, where two Police officers saw a woman floating out of her window into a waiting craft.....
As far as I'm concerned, these type of witnesses have an awful lot to lose by coming forward.
S&F for your time and interesting post.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Versa, I don't know what it is but your avatar is freaking me out.....

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

I experience it regularly as well, and I finally got my wife trained to wake me up when it happens. I can usually focus all of my energy into tossing an arm at her or mumbling her name. She used to just roll over and cover up, and it was very, very frustrating and disturbing, because the paralysis is very scary!

I have never considered anything about it "alien" although a few times I have felt very strongly that someone was directly behind me, out of sight, and observing. I just figured it was part of my fear. I definitely have not discussed it with any doctors.

It is always when I attempt to sleep too long after I should have been up, or if I go to bed when I am not tired. It is kind of halfway between asleep and awake. My mind is awake, but I have no control over my body. I always assumed it was related to the hormones released to prevent sleepwalking. I have gotten pretty good at forcing myself out of it.

If there is anything "astral"about it, I would love for someone to teach me how to harness it. I am no good at meditating and my knowledge of everything "astral" is severely lacking. But, I am open to the education.

edit on 15-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

This would also mean that covert MILABS operations may have exploited the same techniques in the MILABS abductions

Very interesting. I think there is something to this that many people are now aware of. I will share excerpts from Steven Greer's book "Hidden Truth-Forbidden Knowledge" - Chapter 18 - Astral Body Extractions

After falling asleep, I awakened hours later. I couldn't raise my arms; I couldn't roll over; I couldn't move! I was in a state of complete physical paralysis. I knew what was going on; a directional electromagnetic weapons system hit me. It was coming through the window above my bed. Projected into the room was the single most extreme sense of evil and terror I've ever felt in my life. I could tell they were attempting to extract my astral body out of my physical body. (This is what most pseudo-abductions are, by the way - astral body extractions.)

The Shadow Government was showing me that they meant business and were prepared to abduct me. They were trying to convince me, as they had the Prince, that I should hate and fear 'aliens'. They wanted to convince me that the aliens were evil; that they were from Satan; that we needed a holy war against them. They were attempting to convince me by teaching me a very hard lesson.

But as soon as I re-emerged into my individuality and consciousness, the attack would begin all over again. It was one of the worst things I've ever experienced. They were clearly trying to grab my individuality, extract my astral being, and put me through their abduction sequence. Now, remember, if you cause enough trauma to the astral body, it can manifest in the physical. This is something many people don't understand. Most of these abduction events are actualized by technologies that can extract the astral body from the physical body.

Project Amethyst, run by a black cell at the NSA, killed people by severing the cord between the astral body and the physical body. I know a guy who ran that program.

This was, in a way, a gift -- because they tipped their hand and they showed me exactly what they had done to the Secretary General and what they had done to the brother of Prince S.A.. I was then able to remote view back through this electronic beam and see the people in the facility -- all human -- that were running it.

People like Colonel M.K., who is known as Dr. Death and has a PhD in thanatology, the study of death, are masters of psychotronics and high-tech electronic systems that are responsible for abductions, mind control, and similar attacks. So, when you realize what our leaders are up against - it doesn't matter if they're Skull and Bones, and it doesn't matter if they're a former CIA Director -- if they try to step out of line, they run into this other group. This inner high cabal is hell bent on keeping this subject tied up until there is a worse case scenario. Their objective is the elimination of at least four to five of the six billion people on Earth.

edit on 15-1-2011 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think there is much about sleep paralysis which is unknown. As you mention, I have discovered that you can actually make conscious movements with great concentration as you describe.

I think there are other similar or related sleep related phenomena which are similar and involve partially conscious perceptions mixed with dream states - where conscious reality inpinges into dreams.

It is quite possible from some of the experiences that people attribute to "alien abduction" are in fact normal sleep paralysis which do not (to the best of my knowledge) involve any physical "abduction" but just vivid hallucinations. But who knows, maybe sleep paralysis is actually caused by aliens or demons (as some suggest).

All that said, I do believe that there are possibly some real "alien abductions" which are physical abductions in our normal waking reality. However, I believe these events are quite small in number and most of the described experiences which are attributed to "alien abduction" do not involve any physical abduction.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by chupa-chups
reply to post by Versa

Versa, I don't know what it is but your avatar is freaking me out.....

sorry
its just me though without hair and bigger eyes turned blue and smaller nostrils and mouth, I did it using Gimp...

Maybe I do look a bit stern...
edit on 15-1-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Impressively done, pimander, Bravo even.
Impressive, too, were the incredible observations of JKrog & Skyfloating. The linking of those thoughts is intriguing.

I'm not sure about how much the sparse physical evidence is likely ever to tell us...then again I do have a budding idea of where some of it might come from. Maybe this will push me to develop that thought a little more.

I'm gonna s&f for bump, and give out a couple more to some excellent posters here and I'll definitely be back after I've read and looked at all the links.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

If there is anything "astral"about it, I would love for someone to teach me how to harness it. I am no good at meditating and my knowledge of everything "astral" is severely lacking. But, I am open to the education.

Nice links on the God Helmet; I had heard of it but was only familiar with it's function to make you "come to God" through brain manipulation. I was unaware it could induce a "other things" but that makes perfect sense now

Scratched my back.. so to speak to your question! I've heard the real key to "astral" experiences is to first train yourself to recognize "Hey, I'm in a dream." Lucid dreaming is the goal. Develop a game plan, what stimuli could you easily recognize in a dream?

Perhaps you frequently turn on lights in a dream, or other common manipulation of objects. Try to realize (while awake) those actions and mentally reinforce the idea of "I just did X, Y happened: therefor I am awake."

Another easy "training" method would be to simply write an "A?" on your hand and every time you see that "A?" you think "Am I awake?" then press your hand with your digits. Did you feel that, or did your fingers just go through your hand? Are you awake, or are you sleeping.

Commonly while dreaming actions won't coincide with expected results. Lights didn't flip on; you're sleeping. Once you're consciously aware that you're dreaming it's quite easy to skew your dreams either deeper into a "sleep paralysis" situation (your body's effort to keep you safe while sleeping; e.i.night trashing) or you might over-correct and accidentally wake yourself.

Keep trying, it's a process. Not to mention this is only one route you could take. Proper diet (including vitamins and minerals!!), exercise, proper Circadian rhythm; there's a ton of factors. The largest one though... is in YOUR MIND!!!
edit on 15-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

But could JKrog be right that there is a real group of creatures responsible?

In my humble Opinion

YES!

All these years looking to other explanations, nothing explains the physical aspect of it. We must take these things in to account, while the fanatic skeptic will not acknowledge the physical and emotional trauma being anything more than a side effect of imaginative fantasy and such. How does one go missing for hours from his home then return with articles of clothing that does not belong or even fit him?

They would dub it a form of psychosis or heavy drug usage then

You make some great points OP, sleep paralysis could be implemented in the Abduction itself. I for one am open to all explanations yet none suffice besides some intelligence being at play. These factors trump the Scientific Community's explanations, it is unfortunate they know very well there is something much more to this yet wont touch it.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join