It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, The 1 Billion Dollar Man?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It appears that the 725 million dollars that Obama raised in 2008 won't be enough this time around.

Bracing for a half-billion-dollar onslaught of outside GOP cash in 2012, President Barack Obama’s advisers are quietly working to bring back together the major donor base that produced a record-breaking fundraising haul in his first run for president.

In the past few months, Democratic National Committee aides have contacted several of Obama’s earliest financial backers to brainstorm about when and where to host the first money-raising events. Several big donors said they expect the Obama 2012 operation to open its doors this spring, with a string of fundraisers to generate the early cash needed to rebuild the president’s high-tech campaign operation.

Full story from Politico here
www.politico.com...

Now I know elections cost money.
But here are my issues.
1. Who going to doing the job of President when he starts fundraising for an election almost 2 years away?
2. When will it become too expensive to run a campaign? How could any regular folks ever think to run for office?
3. What are they buying for all that money? Airtime? Votes? Campaign buttons? T-shirts?
4 Does it take that much money to fool us? Inflation must be bad, it only cost 725 million to fool America the last time.

I could think of at least two things I could do with a billion dollars, and neither of them have anything to do with politics.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It is amazing, we are paying his salary, all of his peoples salary, give him a nice place to live, free MILLION dollar vacations, spend hundreds of thousands, if not millions to DECORATE THE WHITE HOUSE for $%%$#$ christmas, when other people in america can barely afford to eat.. a huge number cant even find a job...

And all we ask of him is to govern, and hopefully trust that out government will be furgal with the money we are forced to give them.

And here he is, didnt fufill any of his campaign promises, lied lied lied, brought more bank scum into the white house, and here he is, planning for his re-election.

I can say I am disappointed, and outraged.
edit on 15-1-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: spelling.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
reply to post by beezzer

It is amazing, we are paying his salary, all of his peoples salary, give him a nice place to live, free MILLION dollar vacations, spend hundreds of thousands, if not millions to DECORATE THE WHITE HOUSE for $%%$#$ christmas, when other people in america can barely afford to eat.. a huge number cant even find a job...

And we ask him to do is govern, and hopefully trust that out government will be furgal with the money we are forced to give them.

And here he is, didnt fufill any of his campaign promises, lied lied lied, brought more bank scum into the white house, and here he is, planning for his re-election.

Is anyone as disappointed as I am, or outraged!?

Thanks for replying.
I didn't vote for him in the first place. My wife's family is from Illinois and they knew him as a state senator, and weren't impressed in the first place.
But you're right. The vacations, the parties, for someone who was "all for the little folk" he certainly lives like an elitist.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yeah... like the US will still be financially alive in November 2012... possible... but unlikely.

Since the economy in November 2012 will probably be worse than in November 2008... yeah Obama is gonna need a lot of money...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Yeah... like the US will still be financially alive in November 2012... possible... but unlikely.

Since the economy in November 2012 will probably be worse than in November 2008... yeah Obama is gonna need a lot of money...

This may sound naive, especially from a wonk like me, but what does he need all that money for?

What does any politician need that money for?

I figure it just goes into their pockets.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

For ads time... to brainwash people.... you know the big percentage of the population who is stupid enough to be convinced by an ad.

As Hitler said, tell a lie big enough and enough times and people will believe it's true.

Both parties are doing this, saying the same crap over and over and over again millions of times till people think it's true.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Oh, I know. The republican party is/has raised close to a billion already. This is Obama's response.

But I see something wrong here. He's already run, he's already campaigned. Why does he need to do it again? He's supposed to be running the country, not doing whistle-stops and kissing babies. Does he need to "re-brand"?
Are his policies so bad, that he needs to brain-wash the masses again?

Why does he need to resell his "package"?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Don't worry, after the biggest bailout in the history if this nation at the expenses of the tax payer and making a mockery of the military with unnecessary laws no amount of money will elect him again, but as usual he will get his money from all those that he has been kissing butt off.

All the financial, unions, gay rights, the Spanish community and the filthy rich in the nation, I am sure he will not be shy of foreign corporate donations, but not from the middle east wealthy nations as those love the Republican party.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Follow the money trail the money comes from wealthy middle east nations through the department of commerce (they did most of the campainging adds) this is how Republicans got the money to win the house.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by beezzer

Don't worry, after the biggest bailout in the history if this nation at the expenses of the tax payer and making a mockery of the military with unnecessary laws no amount of money will elect him again, but as usual he will get his money from all those that he has been kissing butt off.

All the financial, unions, gay rights, the Spanish community and the filthy rich in the nation, I am sure he will not be shy of foreign corporate donations, but not from the middle east wealthy nations as those love the Republican party.

Thanks for your reply, ma'am.

But I must disagree with the issue of the middle east. Obama has been no friend to Israel, that would "free up" much money from countries that see Israel as an annoyance. Just look at the State Dept. track record under Hillary.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Follow the money trail the money comes from wealthy middle east nations through the department of commerce (they did most of the campainging adds) this is how Republicans got the money to win the house.

Really? I would have thought just the opposite.
Honest.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Most of the foreign finance comes from banking, global banks that are link to the US economy, just remember that it was not only the US financial institutions that got bailout, tax payer pay for foreign banks in the northern countries in Europe also link to the US banking institutions no necessarily US base.

Also Saudi Arabia got a bailout to pay for one of the saudi princes financial banking institution in the US like citicorp.

The Republicans are more at ease with middle eastern nations like the Emirate and more so rich oil countries.

Exclusive: Foreign-Funded ‘U.S.’ Chamber Of Commerce Running Partisan Attack Ads

www.commondreams.org...

Our nation politics are full of corruption and dirty politicians we the people have not longer control of our political system.

edit on 15-1-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That's why I see the Tea Party as a major force. As long as it doesn't get hi-jacked by the republican party (visions of The Blob/The Puppet Masters come to mind) maybe we can get our country back!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Look at the prior republican administrations and their military budgets. We spend millions on ships that can be taken out with a few rubber dingy's. You can complain all you want about the Democrats and Clinton's humps but at least they weren't as expensive.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I supported the tea party in the beginning when it was for the people, the Tea party got hijacked a long time ago for money funding.

Once the funding comes from private companies and not from the people, corruption runs rampant, now I see the Tea party as nothing but political propaganda and to tell you the truth I can never make out for whom its working for.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

3. What are they buying for all that money?

The presidency and exclusive ownership of the president himself.

A good investment plan for major corporate entities... Look around at how many have benefited greatly from their investments in his last successful campaign.

Look for China and India to use U.S. corporate proxies to invest in candidates from both parties in 2012, for them, no price will be too great.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Exactly and is now all legal thanks to the supreme court. . .

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
Look at the prior republican administrations and their military budgets. We spend millions on ships that can be taken out with a few rubber dingy's. You can complain all you want about the Democrats and Clinton's humps but at least they weren't as expensive.

This is about campaign money though. Not budgetary/military spending.
Why does he need even more money to sell the same message that got him elected in 2008?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by beezzer

3. What are they buying for all that money?

The presidency and exclusive ownership of the president himself.

A good investment plan for major corporate entities... Look around at how many have benefited greatly from their investments in his last successful campaign.

Look for China and India to use U.S. corporate proxies to invest in candidates from both parties in 2012, for them, no price will be too great.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

Thank you. Now I'm depressed even further!
But that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I supported the tea party in the beginning when it was for the people, the Tea party got hijacked a long time ago for money funding.

Once the funding comes from private companies and not from the people, corruption runs rampant, now I see the Tea party as nothing but political propaganda and to tell you the truth I can never make out for whom its working for.

But we little people still fight, still meet, still rage at the injustice. Surely you don't think that we all have been co-opted?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join