It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, The 1 Billion Dollar Man?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This thread made me curious as to what all the $$ gets spent on. So I looked around:

Where does all that money go?

As a general rule, 75 percent of a campaign’s outlays will ultimately go to paid communication: direct mail, radio, television and Internet ads, said Craig Smith, the campaign manager for Sen. Joe Lieberman’s presidential effort in 2003-2004.
“They’re spending some on staff and travel,” Smith said of the current contenders. “It costs money to raise money. The candidates are raising money at a furious clip; that’s a lot of flying people around and setting up events. They’re also putting staff in the key states.”
A 30-second TV ad on the 6 p.m. local news in an Iowa media market such as Waterloo will cost between $400 and $1,200. But to run the same ad on the local news in Los Angeles will cost about $4,000, according to campaign consultants and TV ad directors.

As to whether or not Obama should be campaigning, doesn't every incumbent campaign? Of course they do. Why should Obama be different? I happen to think that NO incumbent should campaign. Their election should be based on how they've done during their last term. But why place these restrictions now when they've never been placed before?

And things cost more and more. That's why the candidates are raising so much this election. Because things are more expensive than even.

And since when do we put restrictions on people's income? If he can raise that much, shouldn't he be allowed to? Do you advocate putting a limit on what the CEO of a large corporation can make?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No, I don't. But is this "re-campaigning" or re-branding because it didn't work. Is his message going to be diferent this time?

Will be interesting to see.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yep, I still get email from Obama, Biden and their crew, although I 've noticed I have been getting more and more from them lately.

Why act so surprised?
This guy is always in campaign mode.
The first two years he's on vacation, the last two he's raising funds.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This time the slogan will be "yes we Can Can" and everyone will be doing the okie pokie! LOL

Seriously, there is no more left, it is done, he cannot fail because there is no real Election anymore. He will find himself in Mecca before the turn of the Elections. Bless our little corner of Heaven!

Come on everyone, do the "Can Can"!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Yep, I still get email from Obama, Biden and their crew, although I 've noticed I have been getting more and more from them lately.

Why act so surprised?
This guy is always in campaign mode.
The first two years he's on vacation, the last two he's raising funds.

Because I m still naive enough to think that a leader should lead. A leader should be focused on the job. Not a promotion.

Jokes on me I suppose.
But then again, I'm a geek about Mars, believe in alien life-forms, but still on the fence about hobbits.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Instead of "Yes we can" how about "Meh, we tried"?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree it will be interesting to see what his platform is for this campaign. But if GW Bush got elected a second time, it's more than likely that Obama will. Anything can happen.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, at city level is still some that are just for the people injustices but when it comes to state and national level too much private finances are involved perhaps you should rethink who is at the top of the tea party food chain.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by beezzer

I agree it will be interesting to see what his platform is for this campaign. But if GW Bush got elected a second time, it's more than likely that Obama will. Anything can happen.

It'll be an interesting year regardless. As a wonk, I'll be watching!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, at city level is still some that are just for the people injustices but when it comes to state and national level too much private finances are involved perhaps you should rethink who is at the top of the tea party food chain.

Um, that p!sses me off. I understand and even accept your statement, but I don't like it for one danged second!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I know and I don't blame you for been mad, outraged or else, I was too when the Tea party failed me as a voter in the issues that they were supposed to be advocating for the people.

In America nothing is done for a reason, perhaps the humble beginning of the Tea party were honest and clean but once private financing gets involved and political figures use it for propaganda thing change, leaders get corrupted and money talks and BS walks.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have to believe that there is a solution.
I have to believe that there is true justice. Honor. Dignity. Respect.
I teach that to my children, I try to uphold those values myself.

You can accuse me of having rose-coloured glasses, but I try, I WANT to see the best in people, the BEST in our leaders.

*And like a battered wife, I'll believe that he won't hit me the "next" time.*

-sheesh!-

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My children are adults now, but I always told them to find the truth on anything that they had their dreams and hope on.

Now as adults they are good at reading deceptions, still live full and happy lives.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Instead of "Yes we can" how about "No you shouldn't "?

I mean, if you really think about it, his only major "accomplishment" may be repealed.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by beezzer

Instead of "Yes we can" how about "No you shouldn't "?

I mean, if you really think about it, his only major "accomplishment" may be repealed.

How about: Yes we can!

AGAIN!!

Brought to you by The Hope That Changed committee to re-elect President Obama.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Or maybe:

"No, please don't "
Or
"Thanks but no thanks"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join