It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oneness. All is one.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
What is oneness?:
Oneness is the belief that all things are one. There is no twoness. No separation. Its just one big thing we call "Universe".

In other words, I am you and you are me, and we are minerals, animals, and trees. We ARE the earth. We are the stars. We are the spiral galaxies, and beyond. And all these things are us.

Now what should this belief bring about?:
Peace. Harmony. Compassion. Love. Truth. Infinite knowledge. Ecstatic joy. Justice. Telepathy. Heightened awareness...... The list goes on.

How?:
Well if all is one, why would I do any action whatsoever that doesn't benefit myself. Not my self as human, but myself as Universe. In the light of the awareness of oneness, I begin serving the Universe because I know that to serve the Universe is to serve myself.

The Ego:
The ego is a part of your brain that has learned from past experiences how to react to certain situations. It is like our survival mechanism. The ego is self serving because it only sees itself. It keeps you grounded into a perception which strongly makes you believe that the ego is who you are. In short, the ego is the main barrier to the perception of oneness.

Peace:
No more wars because now we see that we are killing ourselves. No more inner conflicts because where they once seemed to matter, now we know (if we can trust the Universe) that all is well, and you are who you are and can't and shouldn't be any other way. The boundaries of the Ego that has created defenses to protect the Ego's concept of who it thinks it should be break down and you become exposed to a beautiful light of truth.

Truth:
Truth doesn't exist in your conceptualization of what is occurring, or even a second witness' conceptualization of what is occurring. Truth has its own presence and is like a light. Truth is seen through the eyes of love. It is reality. The Ego fears the truth. It protects itself against the truth so that it can become who it thinks it should be.

Ecstatic Joy:
This is what everyone really wants more than anything else in the world. To achieve it in the eyes of oneness is easy. All you have to do is something that gives someone else a reason to feel happy. For in the eyes of oneness, if you make someone else happy, you have effectively made yourself happy. Although you may not feel it in your own body, another body felt happy, and all is one so whether you felt it or not is irrelevant. Now you see in the long run if everyone has realized that all is one and works toward the happiness of everyone else, you can begin to see what great immense joy we could all be living in. Now our planet has become a happy planet and has increased the happiness of the entire universe by the degree that our planet has become happy in relation to the size of the universe. Now if every other planetary being has realized this from all over the universe you see that the Universe can be one great big happy thing and we can all live in harmony this way.

Harmony:
I mean all these concepts are really very obvious through the eyes of oneness. As we now can see that We are completely equal, we will give every part of anything that we come in contact with our highest amount of love we can give and offer as much service to everything we can effect with our service, because when we have gotten past ourselves, and our ego, we know that what we are doing is for the good of all and therefore, for the good of ourselves.

So I mean you pretty much see how great of quality of existence we could be giving ourselves if we all could adopt this obvious belief, that is not so much a belief as it is an obvious reality. That is only if you can get past your SELF.

What about God and religion?
HAHAHAHAHA! What about it??? Don't you see that oneness works in favor of every religion? All the moral concepts conveyed in all spiritual doctrines are covered and actively pursued through the eyes of a perceiver of oneness. So what about it?

Is it right to put yourself equal to God? I say, YES. It's not like we're trying to put ourselves above God. No, that would be twoness. Did God waste his time sending down great spiritual teachers such as Jesus and Muhammad expecting us to never be able to fully shine with his light of love? I think not. I believe God wants us to sit right beside him in the kingdom of heaven. These spiritual leaders knew very well of oneness. The question is, if they were bound by egos such as we are, and were unable to perceive oneness, would they have done any of the great things they did. Think about that one really hard.

We are all one. I am you, and you are me, and although we do not perceive ourselves as God, we still have a lot of learning to do before we can arrive at that destination. Life is still a journey for us and we are still going to be bound by a human ego in these physical bodies. And as long as we are, oneness will remain a fleeting perception.

But do try to perceive it. If you aren't already, become an active spiritual seeker. Improve your own quality of life as well as those around you. Then when you have arrived at sufficient understanding of oneness, look into someone's eyes and no longer see them self as separate from yourself. Look into someone's eyes and see yourself. Look at anything and see yourself. All is one.

And just in case you don't know. Telepathy is real. And there's only one way to achieve it. It feels amazing.

ALL IS ONE.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hey smithjustinb,

First of all, let me start by saying this. I would love to just sit down with you, have a smoke and talk it out (I checked some of your other posts). We would have a lot of things to share

Yes, we are all one. All we are really, is energy, frequencies, geometric patterns. All matter is merely energy vibrating at its unique frequency (matter that fuses is merely energy fusing together to create one frequency). And in the beginning of it all, when we start to think about the origin of this energy. We realize that we were all one. However you want to see it, one particle, one nucleon, one nucleus, one photon. One little spark that created our universe.

I like to think of it as a massive nuclear explosion of conscious particles of light. All the Universe is consciousness. God is consciousness. All of us are part of that consciousness, always looking to raise it to a higher level by solving life's mysteries, problems and challenges. In this infinite fractal pattern, we enter in a re-discovery of ourselves and of our higher state of consciousness.

Life is wonderful. I wonder if we can make it wonderful here on Earth, as it is elsewhere in the cosmos.

This is a kind of interesting story I found (on an illuminati website
)

Imagine that billions of years ago, there was no physical universe at all. The only thing that existed was "God" - an entirely incorporeal spirit. He was pure thought: Absolute Mind. After eons of contemplation, God reached an extraordinary decision: he was going to commit suicide. It was time for him to bring about the most momentous event of all time - his own death. The Death of God.

But how does God kill himself? Isn't it impossible by definition? After all, you can't kill the eternal, the immortal, the deathless. You can't kill existence itself, and that's exactly what God was: existence itself. And if he was all there was, what would be left when he was dead?

God understood that the only true death he could experience would be one of transformation; he could make himself into a new form of existence. He would be reincarnated, so to speak. He would no longer be pure mind but would incorporate a revolutionary new substance that he had decided to create - matter. Yet matter, because it came from God, would be infused with "Godness". Every particle of matter, regardless of how humble and seemingly insignificant, would be a spark of God. And all of these sparks would, buried within them, have an irresistible desire to reconstitute God.

God's infinitely inspired idea was that the ultimate creative act was to create himself. God was going to become God. There could be no more divine deed.

So God, a being who did not exist in physical space, a being who existed outside of space and time, a being of infinite power, of infinite spiritual and intellectual energy, decided to self-detonate - to turn that infinite energy of the mind into the infinite physical energy of the universe of matter. He would die in order to be reborn. Eons after his "death", all of the physical particles that his death had liberated - the great multitude of "divine sparks" - would find a way to bring him back to life in a new form. He would give birth to himself.

Peace with you my friend
and to all of you who seek the truth

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

The biggest problem with this idea is that it is just too esoteric. In other words, you sit down with some average Joe and try to convince him that "all is one" and he won't be able to agree with you because, for starters, you and him are obviously two different people! So you go in with a concept of a higher truth, but fail to communicate it because it just doesn't make sense.

Here's what I see: We have a hell of an education campaign ahead of us! The "ego" (the individual with all its ideas of who it is) can be trained to to take into consideration all the dynamics (self, family, groups, species, life forms, physical forms, the spiritual and the infinite) in its decision-making process. The individual can be coaxed to pursue goals that are more future-oriented and big-picture-oriented. The being can come to realize the value of honesty, cooperation, compassion, and many other human virtues. And thus society can move forward.

To tell a person that he must see that all are really one is akin to telling him to jump off the top of a 50 story building. He's just not ready for stuff like that yet. Those who value the ancient teachings and see them as very important need to figure out how to communicate them in a way that is useful to people. I personally think those teachings are a little off, regardless of the obvious power they contain. So I don't push them. But I do recognize that many find great value in them.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Mybe it is more like, we are all abstract self observable extensions of one. Not that on some inherent level we are all one, or connected to some zero point god, father/goddess figure. But mybe, we are extensions of the higherself to suit the realm of experience. To know oneself one must go inside. Well we my be inside the mind of the one, or the god/goddess, experiencing individualized unique abstract selves as a way of knowing ourself one non linear mind/self better.

Actually looking inward can be thought of as an act of creation. So lets think that god looked inward allowing his mind to create individualized aspects of ourselves inside a greater whole, which in turn gives us the ability to look inward into our own minds thus giving us the ability to create on the same deep level of consciousness.

Nibiru is a place in your mind, so is the kingdom of heaven.
edit on 15-1-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
IMHO we ARE one and not...
The current illusory state of mind that seems to control established society, surely agrees on the existence of seperatedness (spelling?!?) which enables the struggle for money, power and sex, which again consolidates the matrix of control...
You will never be able to convince anyone of anything, words can not be applied to at-onement..

That text from the Illuminati-site sure has a fear-provoking eerie energy - my opinion, so readers of it be aware which sparks getting lit up inside...

Some may want to ponder on this:

There is a `X`

Best wishes
And hopes for us all to form our own opinions

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

So good is evil and up is down?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

So good is evil and up is down?

No. good, evil, up, and down are illusions. The ego is an illusion actuator. The duality of good and evil do exist, but all paths indeed eventually end up at the source at which point either concept ceases to exist and the being just is. Without duality. Imagine floating in space away from any star at the edge of the universe. Now which way is up and which way is down. Up and down are concepts derived from gravity. You may say in relation to your body the way your feet are pointing is down, and the way your head is pointing is up, but then do a 180° flip and you see that what was up is now down and in fact neither concept has any value as labels. Someone's down in America is someones up in China. Its all about perspective, and the ego is the ground for perspective.

Oneness can be attributed to an individual cell in the human body. You don't see an individual cell, you see the whole of the human body which you are identified with. However, the human cell identifies itself as human cell and likewise doesn't see itself as the human body. So you see, we, like the human cell, are part of something bigger, and we only need to change our perspective, and see what that bigger self is. It's all about perspective.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I see. People like you are whom I was looking forward to talking to on this site.

To think of being a part of something bigger than you can be very hard to understand for alot of people. When I think of how small I am compared to the Earth and even smaller still when compared to our ever expanding universe it gives me chills. To be able to conceptualize this in my brain is a wonder in itself to me. At times I really think that we are more important in this universe than we think we are.
edit on 1/15/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The empirical evidence that supports the notion of the identified unique whole that exists as independently determinable within the larger selection of that which shares contextual commonality seems overwhelming. Can you explain this?

In other words, why don't I agree with you if I am you? Please include your arithmetic with your answer.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

In other words, I am you and you are me, and we are minerals, animals, and trees. We ARE the earth. We are the stars. We are the spiral galaxies, and beyond. And all these things are us.

In my opinion, "I" and "you" are two distinct expressions of that "oneness", two indiviual drops in the ocean. You and I exist in oneness, but we experience it in a unique manner. Each of us sings a different tune, we each sound a note of our own, though together we may form a Grand Orchestra.

Is it right to put yourself equal to God? I say, YES. It's not like we're trying to put ourselves above God.

Is the drop of water equal to the ocean itself? Only when the drop ceases to exist and merges into the ocean.

There is no equality to God, in my opinion, because then God would be Two, not One. Perhaps if we become
no-one, then we are One?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The empirical evidence that supports the notion of the identified unique whole that exists as independently determinable within the larger selection of that which shares contextual commonality seems overwhelming.
reply to post by NorEaster

This may be so, but what is also pertinent is the basic tenet of quantum mechanics which states that the world "out there" does not have an objective existence independent of our observation of it.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
The empirical evidence that supports the notion of the identified unique whole that exists as independently determinable within the larger selection of that which shares contextual commonality seems overwhelming. Can you explain this?

In other words, why don't I agree with you if I am you? Please include your arithmetic with your answer.

Thanks.

I don't have an equation to offer as "proof". I don't really need one. Its as simple as looking at the stars and seeing yourself as part of a bigger whole. And then deny yourself as being part and recognize yourself as all. That all includes consciousness which arguably exists as a field. In theory, as a oneness, you are also consciousness and from there can probably manipulate the field. I wonder if consciousness has free will. Free will is what keeps you from being able to control another individual absolutely, so if consciousness does not have free will then it should allow for manipulation. I think my next thread is going to be about Free will, allowance, and control.

You don't agree with me because you still retain your individuality and your free will. I am trying to diminish my ego as much as possible so that I can perceive more of the greater whole, and therefore feel the glory of it. If you want to see it, you can, because the unfamiliar perspectives are there. At first, it takes courage to challenge all your learned beliefs.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

The empirical evidence that supports the notion of the identified unique whole that exists as independently determinable within the larger selection of that which shares contextual commonality seems overwhelming.
reply to post by NorEaster

This may be so, but what is also pertinent is the basic tenet of quantum mechanics which states that the world "out there" does not have an objective existence independent of our observation of it.

its like the universe observing itself.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Is it right to put yourself equal to God? I say, YES. It's not like we're trying to put ourselves above God.

Is the drop of water equal to the ocean itself? Only when the drop ceases to exist and merges into the ocean.

There is no equality to God, in my opinion, because then God would be Two, not One. Perhaps if we become
no-one, then we are One?

Man dude. What if its like the formless nonexistant existance, then BOOOOOOM due to the extremes of both VERY opposite implications a universe is born. But its all one and therefore in an attempt to balance itself and re merge which seems impossible, yet, it keeps trying. So you have then, infinity. But as far as oneness goes, it may very well be that the oneness of our being may be limited to one universe, or maybe not, maybe we are one with infinity. When I feel and see the oneness perception, it feels like I am in touch with infinity, but that just may be because the universe is so vast and that just seems like its infinity.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

When I feel and see the oneness perception, it feels like I am in touch with infinity, but that just may be because the universe is so vast and that just seems like its infinity.

Or perhaps in that "oneness perception" the space/time constructs of everyday awareness drop away so that there are no observable boundaries to our sense of self and existence.

edit on 15-1-2011 by mysticnoon because: Dropped an e

edit on 15-1-2011 by mysticnoon because: misread

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

When I feel and see the oneness perception, it feels like I am in touch with infinity, but that just may be because the universe is so vast and that just seems like its infinity.

Or perhaps in that "oneness perception" the space/time constructs of everyday awareness drop away so that there are no observable boundaries to our sense of self and existence.

edit on 15-1-2011 by mysticnoon because: Dropped an e

No. Every time I have perceived oneness, I've always been visually aware of my surroundings as still being there. But you definitely do feel an expansiveness. Its not like being blasted off into space and seeing everything up close and personal. Its more like connecting with an infinite energetic presence that is intelligent. However, although I have visually aware of my surroundings, as the oneness perception takes hold of my mind, my visual awareness does change somewhat, for instance, in one specific incident, I was able to see my girlfriend's aura. She was also, at the same time, able to see my aura. It was very supernatural and defies my understanding.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I SHIBUMI

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think the simplest thing I can think of for this is the ATOM.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Thanks.

Starred for the honest sentiment.

However, when you look deeper, I think even from an empirical standpoint you'll find the OP has the general idea right. Not only will just about any mystic testify to the fact that the illusory nature of the ego is revealed through disciplined meditation, but even some secular philosophers, analyzing the mind from a completely nonspiritual point of view, have jumped on this bandwagon (i.e. Daniel Dennett in Consciousness Explained).

And many of the psychoanalysts have a similar idea. The defining aspect of what is called a "complex" in psychoanalysis is its autonomy. For example, if you have an addiction to nicotine, but are actively fighting it, what exactly is going on? To put it another way, you know you do not want to smoke anymore. However, you smoke anyway, against what is apparently your will. What is going on here? What some of the psychoanalysts would say is that the emotions that drive you to grab a cigarette are part of an autonomous complex that temporarily "possesses" you (interestingly enough, many ancient accounts of "demonic possession" report basically this phenomenon).

As you meditate further, you find that just about everything you do is part of an autonomous complex. If you are a fairly well-functioning individual, these complexes generally get along. If you are neurotic, it means you have contradictory complexes that are fighting each other. This can turn your psyche into essentially a war-torn wasteland, as many who have struggled with severe mental illnesses will attest.

So in effect, the whole idea that you are a single, "identified unique whole" as you put it is an illusion. Actually you are (mentally speaking anyway) a conglomerate of more or less simple threads of psyche, each getting its turn in the light of consciousness one at a time in response to circumstance. These threads are the egos, and each one thinks it's "you" whenever it's its turn at the helm, so no matter what you always see yourself as a unified whole (unless of course the one at the helm is the "observing ego" developed through meditation).

Another good book that describes this concept is Revolutionary Psychology by Samael Aun Weor, which you can read for free online. An excellent discussion of what's going on when there is inner conflict (i.e. neurosis) is Neurosis and Human Growth by Karen Horney.

edit on 16-1-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
so no matter what you always see yourself as a unified whole (unless of course the one at the helm is the "observing ego" developed through meditation).

edit on 16-1-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

Good point. If I am perceiving the point of view of my ego self, I am still conditioned to see myself as whole. Yet I feel incomplete. Like I still have things to accomplish etc. From the perspective of oneness I still feel whole, yet I feel greater, and more substantial.

If there is some kind of change in the world i.e. the return of Jesus or Ascension, I believe that it will involve a constant perception of oneness with the all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join