It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer Currently Deemed Illegal in BOE Meetings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If this does not wake some people up I do not know what will. We are in for the ride of our lives. Since when does praying constitute arrest? I cannot pray at my Board of Education meeting without being arrested.
A FELONY! FELONY!! For PRAYING!

Even atheists should see the pure governmental control of our speech in this. If not, I say, screw them. We better take back our lives, or we are in serious trouble. I live in the Bible belt. If this manages to get across here, imagine where this is going.

This is the persecution of Christians the Bible speaks of. We are in it folks. Prepare. Please read this newspaper article and tell me what law was passed that stated it is a felony to pray, ANYWHERE!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5d24694530a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a02835467b2a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7

I do not know why these pics are enormous. They are not that way on my gallery. I hope you will read them anyway. I love all of you and I know many of you. Let us be one. For once. This is beyond anything I could have ever imagined for this country. God help us.

edit on 15-1-2011 by suigeneris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Will someone please help me get this article on this site normal? I cannot figure out why these pics and things always get huge on here and I cannot fix it. They are not like that in my gallery. Please help me. People need to read this

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Which prayers in particular do you feel are importand for a BOE meeting? Why do you feel it is persecution? Are you forced to go to BOE meetings? Is that the only chance you get to pray? What gods do you feel should be prayed to at BOE meetings?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Regardless of anything else, making prayer an arrestable offense is weird and scary. Making it a felony, though, is just ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

The comment before you I could not even reply to. I am AFRAID when a prayer constitutes a FELONY!!

For God's sake. Here we go.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

I agree that it should not be an arrestable offense, let alone a felony. I am just curious as to why it should ever even be a problem. It kind of seems like making setting cats on fire punishable by death. That may be a crazy punishment but why would one ever need to set cats on fire? Likewise, I am curious why one might need to pray at a BOE meeting and which prayers/religions are acceptable and which are not.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Please tell me what law has passed that has made it a felony to pray? That is the point here.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by suigeneris

Can you please at least tell me what is so offensive about my questions that you can not even answer them? I did not think I was being derisive or accusatory in tone. I am simply asking. I am not from the bible belt. I have never seen anyone pray at a BOE meeting. I was just trying to understand the root of the issue here.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The bible scriptures say that you are supposed to go into your closet to pray....not make a big show of things in public. Keep your prayer private! Maybe I don't agree with what you are praying for and my presence at such a prayer would denote my silent consent and agreement.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by suigeneris

Please tell me what law has passed that has made it a felony to pray? That is the point here.

Huh?
That is your premise. This is your thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Oh wow, I'm going to pray at the next BOE meeting I can. I know my rights, not only as a citizen but as a child of God and I would be honored to be arrested in the name of Jesus.
edit on 14-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Why would an atheist, who believes in nothing, but dirt and rot after we are dead, care if I pray to my invisible, unreal, God? Please tell me the problem atheists have with God? Why would you tell your side of the story, yet never let anyone else tell their side?

Are you people afraid of the invisible and non-existant? What is the problem?

Why can't we pray if we want to? Why do you think you can harp on the non-existence of God, yet we are going to be cahrged with a felony for praying to the God we know is there for us?

Are you people only going to listen if you talk to yourself and it becomes a felony? Do you think that is a far stretch? I don't.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

I guess this is the thing I do not understand. Will that impress your god? Will it make your faith stronger than say just being secure in your faith should? What is accomplished by going to something not religions and praying just for the sake of causing a disruption? Do not take this as any kind of an attack but a genuine curiosity. I really do not understand.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I find it less than honest to the idea of constructive conversation for you to dismiss my questions without so much as telling me why only to turn around and pose questions to me. I would love to engage you in a real discussion on the matter and answer any questions you want to put my way. I only ask you show me that respect in return. Now, I believe I have some questions left to be answered, please.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I thought I was very specific. What law has been passed that made it a felony to pray at a Board of Education meeting? Why? A felony?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

10`Happy those persecuted for righteousness' sake -- because theirs is the reign of the heavens.

11`Happy are ye whenever they may reproach you, and may persecute, and may say any evil thing against you falsely for my sake --

12rejoice ye and be glad, because your reward [is] great in the heavens, for thus did they persecute the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:10-12

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wait wait wait!

So, you are telling me, that while Obama and the gang on on TV reading from the Bible over and over, behind our backs they are attacking the Bible?

I am confused. I wonder what this paradox is about.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by suigeneris

I thought I was very specific. What law has been passed that made it a felony to pray at a Board of Education meeting? Why? A felony?

Why are you asking me what law was passed?
I am very confused.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Those who would like to pray always have at the beginning of the BOE meeting. It has always been that way here and people are dumbfounded by a LAW that has been passed for people here. This law should not reflect the entire country as we are not all atheists.

The point is, if there were Muslims in this city, we would be obliging. If there were Buddists in this city, we would be obliging. Why are atheists so nasty and pathetic? Do they have no life, so they must ensure the rest of the world is as pathetic as they are? Knowing they have no afterlife and are doomed?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

I have a bible right here, thanks. Bible quotes are not answers to questions and the ones you chose really do not answer my questions. I am asking you something specific. Is there something wrong with me wanting to undestand you guys?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join