It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer Currently Deemed Illegal in BOE Meetings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Last time I heard Obama read from the bible he was mocking it and slandering Gods word.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

And just as I thought, You have a lot to say, but did not take the time to click on my profile and read the article in full. As usual. Never fails

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You have ears but you do not hear, and eyes but you do not see.

It clearly says that people who are persecuted for Jesus's sake will reign in the heavens with Him and will have great treasures there. I would be honored to be persecuted in the same way my savior was. He was also arrested, just before he was crucified.
edit on 14-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by freedish because: lulz

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

It is silent prayer and this law apparently includes my "silent" prayer. So now what I think is an offense. I must obey even with my mind. No prayers, even to myself. Good luck folks. It is coming soon.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Wait wait wait!

So, you are telling me, that while Obama and the gang on on TV reading from the Bible over and over, behind our backs they are attacking the Bible?

I am confused. I wonder what this paradox is about.

May I ask what Obama has to do with this thread at all?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by suigeneris

Those who would like to pray always have at the beginning of the BOE meeting. It has always been that way here and people are dumbfounded by a LAW that has been passed for people here. This law should not reflect the entire country as we are not all atheists.

Not going to answer my questions then? I understand the country is not made up completely of atheists. It is not just Christians either so I am curious which religions should be celebrated at BOE meetings and which ones should not. How much time should be alloted to accomodate all the religions represented by the community? Can you answer any of my questions?

The point is, if there were Muslims in this city, we would be obliging. If there were Buddists in this city, we would be obliging. Why are atheists so nasty and pathetic? Do they have no life, so they must ensure the rest of the world is as pathetic as they are? Knowing they have no afterlife and are doomed?

Where is the provision accomodating Muslims and Buddists but excluding Christians?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

And just as I thought, You have a lot to say, but did not take the time to click on my profile and read the article in full. As usual. Never fails

What are you talking about? I read the article and then asked you several questions. Why are are you assuming anything about me? Why are you so defensive? Why do you seem so angry that I am asking questions?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

You have ears but you do not hear, and eyes but you do not see.

It clearly says that people who are persecuted for Jesus's sake will reign in the heavens with Him and will have great treasures there. I would be honored to be persecuted in the same way my savior was. He was also arrested, just before he was crucified.
edit on 14-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by freedish because: lulz

It also says that your faith and your prayers should be between you and your god. What good is going out of your way to sin against your god in prayer just to prove how dedicated you are to it? Please answer my question. Is your god going to be more impressed that you prayed at a BOE meeting than if you were to pray before you went?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I agree with sinnthia. This is my opinion on the subject.
Why do christians have pray in front of an audiance? Why do christians only think of themselves when it comes to prayer in a public setting? Do not christians realize that maybe not everyone in the BOE meeting is a christian?
Some christians do realize that prayer should not be done in public as a display of faith, in doing so they are offending the none christian people in that meeting. It seems to me that people like yourself want to force religious beliefs on none christian people, who have rights too. Does this mean that freedom of religion is only for christians and the other religions are not supported by the law?
If christians need to pray before the meeting in front of an audiance they should contact the press and hold prayer outside in front of the building before the meeting so people can watch them pray and say "see, christians are praying".
Has it occured to you that the reason this issue came up is because some none christians were offened because they were forced to set through a christian prayer and their rights of freedom of religion was ignored. When you denie some one their freedom a religion in a public place that should be a felony offense which includes forcing none christians to sit through a christian prayer. This issue is about freedom of religion for everone which caused the courts to act as they did.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I want to know what law has been passed that keeps me from silently praying to my GOD or thinking about what I'm having for dinner in that moment, or asking the aliens to come get me outta here.

What law has been passed that now enters my mind and decides that I cannot think for myself.

What is so hard to understand?

I have seen no law, yet. in my hometown, they are telling me we cannot pray without being arrested for a felony. I do not understand how that is such a strange question, if you are the lover of the law. So please, let me know what law has been passed. That was my question from the beginning.

Apparently a law has been passed that I have not seen or heard about and I guarantee I am not the only one.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

My anger is not directed at you. My anger is with the unbelievable extremes that this government is willing to go to. You can stop me from going across the border, but you cannot stop me from worshipping my God. That is a moment given to everyone, no matter who they are, or whatever reason.

Maybe I will pray and maybe you will think about the hole in your socks, who knows.
A felony? Get real

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

What is the point in answering your questions if you do not believe Jesus
is the Son of God?

edit on 15-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Also, why bother with anything on here anymore when there are no good members left. The only people on here now are the ones whose family has told them to go get a life. Now they are here trying to get a rise outta anyone who will listen. Goodbye ATS. Loved ya. Be back when you can get it together.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by suigeneris

It's ok, I don't think ATS was a good fit for you anyway. You started a thread and then people asked you questions and you can't even reply to them? The poster was not rude or attacking your views yet you tried to change the subject, belittle them and attack their character. Then the thread tried to get turned into making Obama bad.

All the poster tried to do was asking you questions pertaining to the thread you created and not let you and your friend derail the topic.

If you consider yourself a good member and all the good members are gone, then maybe you are making the right choice.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Illegal as in against the law seems pretty stupid. Common sense and respect is more like it.

If a BOE meeting for a secular school that has the potential to have many people with many religions or even no religion at all or even people who prefer to keep their prayer at home or church why would anyone want to inflict prayer on everyone at the risk of alienating them and also wasting their time? Not every gathering of people needs a prayer. If you have to pray, pray silently or pray before and after. This seems like the biggest non-issue ever.
edit on 1/15/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by suigeneris

I'ts not personal prayer, it's leading the group in prayer. This is a Board of Education, not a private organization. You cannot force a group into prayer. It's a simple 1st Amendment issue. Your freedoms of religion and speech end where my freedoms of religion and speech begin. You can still pray to yourself, you just can't take the opportunity to force people to listen to you pray.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I want to know what law has been passed that keeps me from silently praying to my GOD or thinking about what I'm having for dinner in that moment, or asking the aliens to come get me outta here.

I am pretty sure none.

What law has been passed that now enters my mind and decides that I cannot think for myself.

What is so hard to understand?

Why you cannot answer my questions.

I have seen no law, yet. in my hometown, they are telling me we cannot pray without being arrested for a felony. I do not understand how that is such a strange question, if you are the lover of the law. So please, let me know what law has been passed. That was my question from the beginning.

Apparently a law has been passed that I have not seen or heard about and I guarantee I am not the only one.

Have any answers to my questions yet? This seems more like a rant than anything else and it is really hard to sympathize or care when my genuine interest in understanding is met with such anger and resistance.

link   

My anger is not directed at you. My anger is with the unbelievable extremes that this government is willing to go to. You can stop me from going across the border, but you cannot stop me from worshipping my God. That is a moment given to everyone, no matter who they are, or whatever reason.

Actually, your anger is coming squarely in my direction. If you are aiming at the government you might want to let them know that your angry responses to me were really meant for them. I mistook responses to me as being directed to me.
No one is getting between you and your god. Nothing you are so upset about seems to be reflected by the reality of what you have presented. Sorry but I tried to understand. Not sure how to respond to a relentless stream of angry suppositions

Maybe I will pray and maybe you will think about the hole in your socks, who knows.
A felony? Get real

link   

Originally posted by freedish

What is the point in answering your questions if you do not believe Jesus
is the Son of God?

What better way to convince me that he is than by answering my rather polite questions about it.
What is the point in praying to your god just to make people angry. I am not sure I am interested in getting to know that particular Jesus. I am not sure how your god expects you to spread the good word but snapping at anyone that asks and sending them away is probably not the way he would go about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Also, why bother with anything on here anymore when there are no good members left.

Why are you so angry? This thread is about you and your relationship with your god and yet you seem so angry. I never even said what my religious belief really is and yet I was just told I do not believe in Jesus. Why does it seem I am far more at peace than you two? That is a real question because I really wonder about that. What is up with your religion that makes you so angry about it?

The only people on here now are the ones whose family has told them to go get a life. Now they are here trying to get a rise outta anyone who will listen. Goodbye ATS. Loved ya. Be back when you can get it together.

Wow. Well in the spirit of Christian brotherly love as I have learned it from this thread so far...
Don't let your ISP hit you on the way out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join