It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Twice Told Uzi Too Powerful for 8-Year-old Christopher Bizilj

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

As a father of a 9yr old boy i am really ashamed of the other dad not realizing the limits of his sons abilities. My nine year old is a hunter and an avid shooter of a .410 shotgun and .22 cal rifle. I have taught and instilled in him the fear of what the reprocussions of what these instruments can do and to know his limits and safe practices in handling. It is not a matter of the gun it is in the egotistic way the other dad went ahead and let the kid shoot something that probably wasn't a compatible weapon to fire for him. My son is alive and through proper training and moral instruction He will live to shoot if he sees fit because he knows his limits. Therfore it is not the dealer's fault but the father's for not recognizing the son's limits. God save the father's soul because i am sure he feels horrible but as for the boy God will definatly take care of him in a loving manner.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Good point about survival of the fittest, but dude, do you honestly not feel even a little bad about that? An 8 year old kid with an entire lifetime of experiences ahead of him is dead, and you're here condemning us for feeling bad about that. Show some compassion for your fellow man. That's like driving by a terrible car accident and seeing a person missing a limb, lit on fire crying for help, and you just keep on driving and sneer to yourself "What an idiot, he should have been a better driver, just ask Darwin"

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Their IQ was 20.

We do not need every human being's genetics to spread unnaturally.

If you are dumb and kill yourself, good. This helps keep smart dna around, and gets rid of defective idiot dna.

Yes because a 8 year old kid can make educated decisions. I disliked your post above this but decided not to say anything because it would probably have been mean...but you just crossed the line.

The guy didn't kill himself. He killed a kid with bad judgment. I don't understand what your point is.

link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I agree education over ignorance for sure, curious hands find curious things as they say. When I was younger I had a fascination with handguns (Not crazy I tell you not! Just asked my therapist) and when we went to a gun show, I went to touch a handgun they had think it was a 9mm Beretta but can't remember. And the man asked are you eighteen? I said no. Then he said then you can't touch it. That is why I asked is all. Thank you for the response.

link   
This is two years old, hardly breaking news.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Ah. I see what you're saying now and perhaps that is the case at many gun-shows, but obviously not this one. The whole situation could have been avoided, that is what is so sad about this story.

edit on 14-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Good point about survival of the fittest, but dude, do you honestly not feel even a little bad about that? An 8 year old kid with an entire lifetime of experiences ahead of him is dead, and you're here condemning us for feeling bad about that. Show some compassion for your fellow man. That's like driving by a terrible car accident and seeing a person missing a limb, lit on fire crying for help, and you just keep on driving and sneer to yourself "What an idiot, he should have been a better driver, just ask Darwin"

Sure, maybe I would feel bad if I lived forever. But I don't live forever. My lifetime is short and limited.

I am forced due to time constraints to not feel pity and waste time focusing on the downfalls and sorrows of foolish nonsense.

If I were to do that fairly, I would be crying over a million dead kids every week. And I sure as heck don't have time for that.

But I do have a few minutes to remind others it's not really our business if someone else dies. It's their business. We should not intervene or do anything to mess with them.

This is like Discovery Channel or Animal Planet, we can watch the Lion eat the Antelope, but intervening and saving the Antelope is unethical and against the rules of natural selection.

link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

ABC said it was from Jan 7th.

Still a tragedy...sorry thought it was breaking. I just heard it on the nightly news.

link   
I don't believe that the guns themselves, or "dumb" people have anything to do with the issue.

Anything can be harmful or deadly if it is not used properly. The real issue is that the child was not properly trained by his father to shoot.

My oldest son, now 11, has been shooting for years and I paid very close attention to show him how to manage a firearm.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

Their IQ was 20.

We do not need every human being's genetics to spread unnaturally.

If you are dumb and kill yourself, good. This helps keep smart dna around, and gets rid of defective idiot dna.

Yes because a 8 year old kid can make educated decisions. I disliked your post above this but decided not to say anything because it would probably have been mean...but you just crossed the line.

The guy didn't kill himself. He killed a kid with bad judgment. I don't understand what your point is.

The kid IS his father. Genetically.

The Father has 100% responsibility for the life of his son.

His child is a continuation of himself.

I see almost no difference here at all.

Natural selection works by cutting off genetic lines that do not work out very good.

Am I a bad guy for saying "Do not meddle, allow nature to run it's course"? No.
I am a good guy actually.

Bad guys always wanna get up in other peoples business and claim authority. They want to make "new rules" based on the actions of an idiot and oppress everyone else for it.

I am fighting totalitarianism and authoritarianism by supporting nature.
Nature knows better, this I know for a fact.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Get out of the city!!!!!! The state of missouri has youth hunting seasons for kids like youth turkey season and deer season. I believe almost every state has seasons like that just for youngsters. Dear god, hunting and shooting is a way of life for us people in the country and i find it rather funny that more rural people own guns per capita than city dwellers yet we have less violence and more respect for eachother. Its called slowing life down and teaching our kids and not just letting video games and crack rock slingers train them how to be ingrates.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I don't buy your philosophy.

When you were 8 would you have been smart enough to not touch a gun that your Dad assured you was "100% Safe"?
edit on 1/14/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Sure, maybe I would feel bad if I lived forever. But I don't live forever. My lifetime is short and limited.

I am forced due to time constraints to not feel pity and waste time focusing on the downfalls and sorrows of foolish nonsense.

If I were to do that fairly, I would be crying over a million dead kids every week. And I sure as heck don't have time for that.

But I do have a few minutes to remind others it's not really our business if someone else dies. It's their business. We should not intervene or do anything to mess with them.

This is like Discovery Channel or Animal Planet, we can watch the Lion eat the Antelope, but intervening and saving the Antelope is unethical and against the rules of natural selection.

Touche

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Father = IDIOT

No, Seriously the father is an idiot and now has no son.
The moron.

CX

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Aquarist...

It is not often i find myself regreting something i post on this forum, but i find myself doing that very thing right now.

You recently posted a thread saying that you were 15 years old and in need of a handgun. Your parents were not "on board" and you wanted to know how to convince them. (I see the thread has been removed now, hardly surprising really).

Many here told you to grow up or give up the idea totaly. Despite your joke about offing your parents, i gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried to advise you about sensible ways to go about gaining support for this, after all it's not unusual for teenagers to handle firearms at gun clubs over there.

However, after reading this...

Originally posted by Aquarist

Originally posted by Aquarist

If it's necessary for my survival I'll kill anything that breaths.
And we do need population control, guns help with it, the earth is overpopulated.
Trigger fingers up to muzzleflash, well said

...I take everything i said back.

When you see your first person killed with a gun, especially a child, you will realise they are not for play, show or to be over glamourised. This is not a video game, nor is it some movie where it's cool to waste everything that "affects your survival".

So in this case i will lean towards the advice that the other members gave you, wait till you are older..,much older in fact. Hopefully by then you will have matured enough to be able to own one without worrying the hell out of others.

Sorry if i sound like a moaning old man, but when you've seen enough people killed by guns, it kind of loses it's glam.

Plus, in light of recent events, i think most would agree that your comments were pretty thoughtless to say the least...whether thats thinking about others or for your own sake.

CX.

edit on 14/1/11 by CX because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/1/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Really, why does the gov't want to kill us? Because there's too many of us! Indeed it's unfortunate, but sometimes things must happen so we don't have a food shortage, though of course that'll come within a few years. I think sometimes it's better for a few younger people to die so that the rest of us can live for a long while. If some of every age don't die, we'll turn into a "Logan's Run" society. Crap happens, people die. Can't cry or be sad it, like muzzleflash said.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Very well put CX.
Thanks for your contribution.

The very first time I was allowed to use a firearm my older brother allowed me to be knocked on my rear. We had gone to the high desert and his girlfriend wanted to fire his shotgun which she had done several times before. I watched her shoot and thought it looked easy. I was 12 and probably weighed about 100lb soaking wet. He handed me the 10 gauge

CX

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks.

Great story, been there a couple of times, not with a shotgun but with an old .303 Le Enfield at the age of 12.

Even though i was properly supervised, i spent the next few days looking like i'd tried to shoulder barge a 10 ton truck! Plus the "Bruce Lee has just roundhoused my cheek" look was rather fetching.

CX.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

The kid IS his father. Genetically.

The Father has 100% responsibility for the life of his son.

His child is a continuation of himself.

I see almost no difference here at all.

Interesting slant on life.

We're kind of off subject here... but I do wonder if your attitude would be any different if it was an adopted child.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

Hey Wise guy I grew up in the country so get off my back!!!!! I know about hunter's education and am a proud gun owner. It was an honest freaking question Mr. Touchy Pants.

Further more you can touch but not own a handgun until 18 years of age: www.lcav.org...
edit on 14-1-2011 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join