It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Twice Told Uzi Too Powerful for 8-Year-old Christopher Bizilj

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Father Twice Told Uzi Too Powerful for 8-Year-old Christopher Bizilj

abcnews.go.com

The teenager who worked at a gun show where 8-year-old Christopher Bizilj accidentally killed himself while shooting an Uzi testified today he twice suggested the boy's father pick a less powerful weapon for the boy to shoot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 14/1/11 by argentus because: headline change

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Alright I guess I have to report this one as well as I reported the one about the thirteen year old.

This is just...I can't describe it in words. Within a week so much has happened. It's a little ridiculous if you ask me.

It was all caught on video...but I can't bare to watch it.

Sad. Very Sad.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Handing an 8-year-old an Uzi. What was that father thinking? I wouldn't hand an eight year old a b.b. gun.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is a real tragedy but kids and guns shouldn't mix especially guns like that the recoil is to much r.i.p
edit on 14-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: spelling

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That makes me so mad. An 8 year old can not decide for himself, you as the parent are there to protect them. What idiot would give an 8 year old a Uzi? I am a grown woman and doubt I could handle one. I hope they put his but in jail for this.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I don't believe the Spanos should be held liable, the father allowed that and insisted also even after being advised on the boy maybe using a weapon with lower recoil..which should totally dismiss that ridiculous case. Hope they don't have to go to jail for a dads bad judgement. S&F

edit on 1/14/2011 by Fifaboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Very sad, but already posted in general news a few days ago, www.abovetopsecret.com

I didn't watch the vid, and won't. It's bad enough thinking about it without seeing it.

As Kailassa said at end of other thread, heart really goes out to the boy's mother.
edit on 14/1/2011 by TheWill because: fixing the small things. All I can do.

EDIT: Apologies, article is update to previous thread. Can't be helped that the headline doesn't make this clear. Leaving link above, anyway.
edit on 14/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That is so messed up. I hate to lecture his dad after what he has been through, I'm sure he already feels terrible enough, but what did he expect? An 8 year old kid shooting an Uzi? If I had an 8 year old son I wouldn't even let him shoot a 9mm pistol, but Doc here decides to let him try out the 9mm sub-machine gun? That is a lot of firepower, even for a grown man. A .22 is probably the only thing IMO that a child that young should be shooting. A kid with his whole life ahead of him died because of this stupid accident, that sucks.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
A lot of bad decisions here, for sure. The father is an idiot. Complete, utter idiot.

The police chief who organized this is criminially negligent, putting a 15 year old in charge of a booth to discharge a fully auto, 9mm handgun. It was insane to allow that to happen, and i can imagine the 15 year old was easily intimidated by the father.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fifaboy

I think he got let off.

I don't think the Dad can go to jail for poor judgment. He made a mistake...and living with that mistake is punishment enough as I see it.

I grew up in the south and I live in the south. (Well Sorta. It's like the Civilized south...not the uneducated south.)

We use Guns. I had a BB Gun when I was 8...some people I know were hunting when they were 8.

It isn't about Guns in my opinion. It's about the type of guns.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think these fathers wanted their kids dead. There's really no other explanation that makes sense. Unless the fathers IQ's were 20. That one in MA was a doctor though. That trial ended in a aquittal today by the way.

I'm sticking with homicide by proxy. They wanted their kids dead.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by Fifaboy

It isn't about Guns in my opinion. It's about the type of guns.

Agreed, that and experience.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarist
off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

2nd

The way I see what you just said is:

"I would kill 8 year old kids all day long to keep the population all nice and happy."

Am I wrong that you basically said that?
edit on 15/1/11 by argentus because: remove ot'd post

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Enough with the fake emotions and feigned tears please.

Survival of the Fittest. If your too dumb to keep your own kids alive, your genetic line is inferior and your own nature will bring an end to your nonsense.

All we have to do is sit back and watch, and hand out Darwin awards.

No need to demand the government get involved and pass laws. That's for babies who need a mommy gov't to do everything for them.

There is nothing wrong with idiots killing their kids, in fact I can list several things right about it.

I am not heartless or cold either, I am being even handed.

If you care so much about kids, Worry about Your own! Keep them alive.
If other people get theirs killed through blatant idiocy, let them.

Less overpopulation problems, less pollution, less mouths to feed, etc.
And without the idiots, we don't need all these oppressive laws taking the place of common sense.

Standing up for this kid and getting emotional is Reverse EUGENICS, you wish to save the weak and inferior and eliminate nature's methods of culling them through self-destruction.
This is no different than Hitler wanting to get rid of them. Purposely killing them or saving them is not nature and it is unethical.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'm beginning to think these fathers wanted their kids dead.

I disagree, I think these fathers want their kids to be able to kill.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Some people just don't think straight I don't understand it some times. I thought there was a law that anyone under eighteen wasn't allowed to even think about touching a weapon? The father should be charged with manslaughter in my opinion. Granted he suffered a lot losing his child but I fear precedent more then that.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'm beginning to think these fathers wanted their kids dead. There's really no other explanation that makes sense. Unless the fathers IQ's were 20. That one in MA was a doctor though. That trial ended in a aquittal today by the way.

I'm sticking with homicide by proxy. They wanted their kids dead.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Their IQ was 20.

We do not need every human being's genetics to spread unnaturally.

If you are dumb and kill yourself, good. This helps keep smart dna around, and gets rid of defective idiot dna.

It's a natural process that solves itself. We do not need to intervene at all. Just sit back and let nature do it's thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Not here, maybe to buy... but no law against "touching"...

My brother was taught to use .22 when he was young (grade school, I believe) with both my dad and grandfather. Education is key. Respect is key. Ignorance and weapons are never a good combo...

edit on 14-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
The way I see what you just said is:

"I would kill 8 year old kids all day long to keep the population all nice and happy."

Am I wrong that you basically said that?

If it's necessary for my survival I'll kill anything that breaths.
And we do need population control, guns help with it, the earth is overpopulated.
Trigger fingers up to muzzleflash, well said
edit on 14-1-2011 by Aquarist because: Fixed Typos

<<   2  3 >>

join