It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Ask For Disclosure. Can We Handle The Truth?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Disclose what? The answer is dependent on the nature of the information to be disclosed.

1) aliens are real and visit us to keep tabs on us (we could handle it, interesting topic, news saturation, boredom, acceptance).
2) aliens are real and a threat (we'd unite, we love a scrap even if we like to think otherwise, and most are arrogant to assume a chance of success).
3) natural cataclysm, we are all doomed (panic, societal upheaval, acceptance)
4) natural cataclysm, some might live (chaos, revolution, as people fight for themselves and their offsprings survival rather than others).

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

How about the bible is true and we are at the door of the Great Tribulation and all that is described within? By the way the things described in Revelations is starting to come true now . You left out the most obvious one .

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
The government hardly has an excellent track record when it comes to being truthful with it's citizens.

We want disclosure from them in all sorts of areas. 2012, Or some other doomsday scenario seems to be the hot topic for a lot of us and I can't help but ponder the consequences of what "full disclosure" in this area would cause.

Fear is a scary thing. (no pun intended) There are those of us who would use the disclosure to prepare as best we could. Others would find various ways to cope until the last minute. And then we have the (chicken littles) the sky is falling whilst they scream in panic until their last breath. Society either collapses or muddles through. Depending on your view.

So my question is... IF (big if) the government was aware of some type of doomsday reality should they give full disclosure even if there is no hope? If full disclosure was given, how do you think most of society would react?

Will the people pull together or fall apart?

I am always for full disclosure and let the chips fall where they may. I also think society would begin to crumble then pull together. There would surely be widespread panic, then I believe quiet acceptance of something that can't be changed.

What are your thoughts?

Well well well if it isn't the snake oil inquirer.
To stay on topic the government is meant to govern the people and protect the people so I think even if they felt like there was going to be a disaster they would never tell anyone and work behind the scenes on a solution.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join