It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Ask For Disclosure. Can We Handle The Truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The government hardly has an excellent track record when it comes to being truthful with it's citizens.

We want disclosure from them in all sorts of areas. 2012, Or some other doomsday scenario seems to be the hot topic for a lot of us and I can't help but ponder the consequences of what "full disclosure" in this area would cause.

Fear is a scary thing. (no pun intended) There are those of us who would use the disclosure to prepare as best we could. Others would find various ways to cope until the last minute. And then we have the (chicken littles) the sky is falling whilst they scream in panic until their last breath. Society either collapses or muddles through. Depending on your view.

So my question is... IF (big if) the government was aware of some type of doomsday reality should they give full disclosure even if there is no hope? If full disclosure was given, how do you think most of society would react?

Will the people pull together or fall apart?

I am always for full disclosure and let the chips fall where they may. I also think society would begin to crumble then pull together. There would surely be widespread panic, then I believe quiet acceptance of something that can't be changed.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The only possible reason to keep knowledge from others is to use that knowledge to have power over them. It most definitely is not about us being able to handle it or not, thats the worst excuse to withhold information. People who know the answers dont want to answer the questions because it would reveal their mistakes and their greed. There are no excuses

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
My take on the situation is that there is a particular fear around the release of this information.
The Government believes we will go into a panic and start looting.

However I believe the Government fears that we will turn on them for lying to us for so long.
We will remove them from power or some such.

If any country really wants to move forward... It's the Governments that have to stop fearing its citizens.
They know nothing else but lying.
It is a hard habit to break.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Widespread panic is guaranteed so if I were in any Government that had info (just hypothetically speaking) then I'd release it and disclose that info in a way to seem like little pieces of news and research, maybe scientific findings, that the public would accept without mentioning in full whatever it is that's supposed to happen.

That way, subliminallysubconsciously the population would have a gut instinct on how to react and what to do. Kinda like those earthquake and fire drills, they intill them into you from youth so that if such a thing occured, you know to hide under a table or walk camly out the nearest safe exit while raising the alarm and waiting for help.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

That's also true, panic and revolution are the two things that those in power fear the most.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrikant
The only possible reason to keep knowledge from others is to use that knowledge to have power over them. It most definitely is not about us being able to handle it or not, thats the worst excuse to withhold information. People who know the answers dont want to answer the questions because it would reveal their mistakes and their greed. There are no excuses

Agreed! took the words out my mouth, Their using the " You cant handle the truth" card. A civilization works by sharing information and goods. We are suppressed of both in this situation. But not for long right

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
How do we know that the release of UFO(by whistleblowers) and or other information that is coming to light isn't a way of slowly disclosing the information already?

I think the sheeple can handle it in small slow doses. But, if there was never secrets with this type of stuff to begin with, we'd all be just fine.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
They can't tell the truth about this, because if they do it will expose their real agenda. If people know there are some major catastrophes on the horizon, they wll expect the government to stock emergency food supplies and other necessities, organise survival plans, etc. But since the governments just want us to die anyway - they would be in a very difficult position and their game would be exposed.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Frankly, it's horrendous that they're not telling people the truth. People have the right to know. They don't care about the people, so they're not telling us because it protects them, not us.
edit on 13-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
They would never give us any advanced warning, thats for sure. There would be panic, looting, hoarding, unprecedented violence, destruction, etc, and they know it. They would lose control of us, which goes against everything they are trying to do, amirite?

I could see them at least releasing a message over emergency broadcasts telling us to seek shelter minutes before.

They would never give enough warning so we could have time to prepare.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Personally I think "conditioning of the masses" has already commenced. There's a slew of alien related films coming in 2011. There's Ancient Aliens, I can't tell you how many friends of mine (independent of ATS like sources) have been totally entranced by that show.

Granted it's got some good points in it, but the constant "mind programming" questions and constantly planting seeds without answering them, etc. Nevertheless we see this "ancient astronaut" hype about every decade (plethora of a.a. shows from the past on YT) or so. This is just the latest rash of them?

Well what about all those "disclosure" documentries coming out? Every time you type in UFO+disclosure into google you'll find some new splice-n-cut documentries flaunting well-known UFO cases (and some hoaxes!
)

Then there's V.. eeesssh.. haven't we had enough of Reptiles from space wanting to eat us?
edit on 13-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think humanity would party like it's 1999 and then some. Sure you would have your sporadic chaos and lawlessness, but over all I would like to think we would show some compassion for each other. I mean we're all screwed anyway. Let's have a party. Hypothetically

Just wanted to add...in case of looters, you can have my stuff dummy.
edit on 13-1-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think it would vary on a person to person basis. I think many riots, theft, assault or whatever would greatly rise all around the world. Some people would use the time to pray, maybe in peace setting things straight, or in panic hoping for a miracle. I think fear would be the most wide spread reaction, but as for how people would really act, we will never truly know unless it happens (i hope it doesn't). Personally if i could pull myself together, i would research what was about to happen, even if it was truly unavoidable, just in the hope there was a small way to survive. I would try to not give up until the life left my body, for me, it would be the only way i could stay sane.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
We probably can't handle the truth but we have the right to know it anyways. Even if it is all out destruction we still need to be given time to prepare mentally and or spiritually. I'm sure there a lots of people who will panic at first but many will turn to their religion or make amends to a friend or family member. I think it would bring the world together the closet it ever has been.

Of course there would be looting. Who wouldn't want to own or experience something in their last days that they usually couldn't afford?

edit on 13-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

Love ancient aliens! Your post makes sense. Get us to a point of easier exceptance to better control the panic.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Dear Kangaruex4Ewe

It is as simple as this I should know but I am not sure about the rest of them.

Ok now that has got you going.

Here is something that I have not heard mentioned.

2012 21st of December could well be self full filling.

When it comes to the 31st of December 2011 what do you think the chatter is going to be about???

Not far off.

If we where to get a series of Earth Quakes in say November 2012 or any other natural disaster at that time.

I fear that society would collapse right then and there.

Bank on this if the main stream of people are lead to believe in the apocalypse of 2012 then society is gone.

What I fear is there may just be something too it, not particularly 2012 but not long.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have been ready for disclosure for a very long, long time.
If ETs indeed are visiting Earth, and we would get the disclosure, why should people fear of ETs? They (most likely) look different than we do, but they are species like we are. And I am pretty sure they are not hostile, if they were, we wouldnt be here. I believe humans are ahead at least 40-50 years in technology (if not more), but that is still a long way for interstellar travel. We wouldnt have technology to defend ourselves, so, there are 2 options:
1. There are no aliens visiting Earth (I am not saying they dont exist, I believe they do)
2. They are not hostile, and they either:
2a.Work secreteley with government
2b.Do not work with government, but observe us.

Movies have been preparing us for alien disclosure, unfortunately, in most cases they were fear mongering. Why? For control when disclosure happens. They want us to fear them, and with fear, you have control. Besides that, we humans have fear of unknown in nature. Fear is our weakness. We must change.

Hopefully there is some truth about 2012 and shift in consciousness, perhaps shifting into 4th dimension. That would be awesome
. I cant wait.

link   
reply to post by Shrikant

Awesome Post! They rightfully shouldfear the public's reaction. I don'y think it would be pretty at all.

link   
I noticed a strange picture while "Sunday-Google-Driving" through the Mexican border. Actually, first I noticed an odd structure on the side of the road and I wanted to get a closer look and so peered around it. Interesting that the graffiti changed locations and the sky changed as well. Obviously someone switched the picture with one taken on a different day.

Click here to launch example, look closely, then click the "drive-forward" arrow to see the transformation of the graffiti and the sky.

The structure itself appears like it might have been photoshopped a bit on the top right corner. On a bad photoshop job you can often see a distinct color variation on sharp lines where there shouldn't be a sharp variance.
Regardless of the structure, move forward once more on the road and you'll see the sky change back to cloudy (indicating that it was just that one picture that was swapped). You can then turn to the left and see the guys in the back of the truck with assault rifles appearing to be guarding some containers.
A close-up here , say Hola! to truck number 0828242:

edit on 13-1-2011 by ATAMOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifer201

Originally posted by Shrikant

Agreed! took the words out my mouth, Their using the " You cant handle the truth" card. A civilization works by sharing information and goods. We are suppressed of both in this situation. But not for long right

Click this link and listen carefully, people. Listen very carefully.

youtu.be...

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join