It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Ask For Disclosure. Can We Handle The Truth?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Star for you as well. My train of thought goes through the same tunnel as yours. I also tend to think we would not even have the few minutes warning, if more citizens were without some scientific equipment (telescope maybe) to be able to notice something themselves and inform others.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
We are not ready for a Doomsday disclosure and honestly even if they would have prepared us for it thousands of years ago when the time was near all hell will break lose. If there is a chance of survival I would like to be notified so we could prepare for it, if there is no chance of surviving then I would like to remain ignorant and I would prefer that others would remain ignorant as well to avoid chaos.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

So in your opinion they DO have information they are not disclosing?

I am glad I am not alone in that assumption.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i say we all demand to draw straws to who gets spots in the underground bunkers

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Avery scary thought. Most of us should have learned from Katrina how well the government swoops in to rescue us. I feel more would get by if they depended upon themselves and not BB.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JayXBraun

Too late. They drew those straws long ago!

I know I feel the love...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Star for you as well. My train of thought goes through the same tunnel as yours. I also tend to think we would not even have the few minutes warning, if more citizens were without some scientific equipment (telescope maybe) to be able to notice something themselves and inform others.

They have nothing to gain by telling us..

Like someone else said, if there is a chance for survival---I want to know, I want to prepare, I want to protect my children. If there is zero chance, then maybe it would be better to be oblivious to the information.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The government hardly has an excellent track record when it comes to being truthful with it's citizens.

True, enough! Yeah, I kinda agree with that ...

We want disclosure from them in all sorts of areas. 2012, Or some other doomsday scenario seems to be the hot topic for a lot of us and I can't help but ponder the consequences of what "full disclosure" in this area would cause.

There is nothing to disclose about 2012. It's just another year ... every thing else is myths and hysteria and plain old simple fear mongering.

Fear is a scary thing. (no pun intended) There are those of us who would use the disclosure to prepare as best we could. Others would find various ways to cope until the last minute. And then we have the (chicken littles) the sky is falling whilst they scream in panic until their last breath. Society either collapses or muddles through. Depending on your view.

No pun taken, we have nothing to fear but fear itself. As I said, nothing to disclose, really. Now, disclosure on UFO and ET visitations that would be another thing and may be there is something to disclose there (at least that's what all the FOYIA documents seem to indicate). Society will do just fine; "the heavens will not fall on our heads" come 2012. Of course, a major asteroid strike could wipe us out tomorrow or in a thousand years or who knows when, really, could be millions. Hopefully, by the time the next big one is heading this way we will have found ways to deflect it.

So my question is... IF (big if) the government was aware of some type of doomsday reality should they give full disclosure even if there is no hope? If full disclosure was given, how do you think most of society would react?

Yes, I am all for transparency when it comes to government. Chaos and panic would be almost certainly the reaction of most people in society. But still, better knowing what's coming my way, even if I can't change it's course.

Will the people pull together or fall apart?

At first, I think it will be the latter, i.e. fall apart, chaos, riots, panic etc. but after a while I bet most of us would pull together and try to make the best through cooperation and all that.

I am always for full disclosure and let the chips fall where they may. I also think society would begin to crumble then pull together. There would surely be widespread panic, then I believe quiet acceptance of something that can't be changed.

I agree totally as I already have stated above. Exactly!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JayXBraun

Straws? Didn't watch 2012 (the movie)?

Wackypedia
Approximately 400,000 people are chosen to board ships called "arks" that are constructed at Cho Ming, Tibet, in the Himalayas. Additional funding for the project is raised by selling tickets to the private sector for €1 billion per person.

A quick Googlin': € 1 billion = 1.3336 billion US$

Now... I'm more inclined to believe *if* there's a possibility of Armageddon/Mr. Rogers returning from the dead/Rapture/Apocalypse/, etc.. there's some sort of safe-plan in place.

And guess what? I'm not a Senator's son, or from "money" if you will. About 99.9% sure I ain't making it to the bunkers.

EDIT: I just found my 2 €1 coins... oooOoOO $2.66 (rounded down
) hahah
edit on 13-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

I think human instinct would drive many of us to do the same. Trying to find even the minutist way to survive. It would atleast keep the mind occupied, even though you logically knew there was no escape. I can see myself going through the same motions.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

I have wondered often if I would prefer to remain ignorant if nothing could be done. I think for me I would still like to know. I could hold my children atleast. I think pre children I would choose not to know as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

I'll throw in my $5.42..... I think that leaves us
up #tle creekwithout a paddle or a bunker!

edit on 13-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Could you take the truth if it meant that what is happening now that seems to be a catastrophic collapse of the world into the NWO scenario where you are basically a commoner amongst a few elite . And you are just another number among the masses . And many of the major proponents of the NWO has been prophesied in the Bible 2,000 years ago. The whole world government movement today along with the Bird deaths and fish kills , the nukes in Israel ,the Internet making the Mark of the Beast possible for the first time in history and the upcoming war of Gog and Magog where israel will fall . All of these things are in the bible set for the Great Tribulation . Now as far fetched as this may seem to you , could you accept that this is the direct results of the fulfillment of bible prophecy. Could we take that truth . That God is indeed in control of our destiny.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

The greater love fascinates me, because I see that actually occuring as well. I can imagine long grudges buried and words being spoken that are long overdue. Too bad some catastrophe has to occur for things like this to happen more often.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Elieser

I have wondered often if I would prefer to remain ignorant if nothing could be done. I think for me I would still like to know. I could hold my children atleast. I think pre children I would choose not to know as well.

Good point. I would want some notice so that I could comfort them as much as humanly possible before SHTF. I hope for their sake that nothing happens for a very long time. Can you imagine how scary a shtf scenario would be to a child?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I first read Revelations when I was 12. I have since read the bible front to back. I am a Christian and study the end times frequently.

No matter what you believe or don't believe, at some point this world as we know it will cease to exist. I phrased my question specifically to try and prevent debate on religion/apocolypse etc. I wanted perceptions on how society or the poster would react to devestating news of an actual doomsday scenario and whether we should be informed.

We all believe differently on the who/why/when issues. But we can all imagine ourselves recieving the news.

So how exactly would you react?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You know what? I never really thought deeply about things like this until I had children. For years I was terrified that something would happen to me before my daughter was old enough to remember me. She is 13 now, and I worry about leaving her without a mother when she gets married and has her own children. I worry about what the world will do to her.

And I have thought of this scenario and how to protect her a lot. After all the thinking I am almost sure that we will be in more fear for them than they will be for themselves. Children are an accepting and adapting lot. Though I am positive they will be scared, we will have to try and NOT magnify that for them. If that makes sense. It is a terrifying thought for sure.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yes, absolutely I believe that.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I was a bible prophecy/conspiracy theorist student back in the day (like 1990's), life happened and I was busy and my research went by the wayside. I didn't get back into it until after my kids were born. I don't like to think about what might happen (as far prophecies being fulfilled, s hitting tf, etc) because I just don't want them to experience it. But at the same time I can't not research it, because I feel like I have to be aware. After all, biblically, we are encouraged to watch the signs of the times. So its like watching a train wreck. I just cannot make myself look away.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What if they disclosed that there are aliens and they want to kill us and they have been at battle with them for years now....Would you believe them? and how would you know this is true?

Have you ever been attached by an alien? I haven't and from what I understand if they attached us we wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight.

Maybe they would tell us that the world is going to end and they think it will end in 2012 or 2014 and they are preparing for that and that is what all of these fema camps and whatnot are for...

What would you do then? most people would probably not pay their bills anymore or go to work, why would you if there is a pretty good chance you would die soon? then a lot of people would stay at church 24/7 and not be worried with other things, other people would go into survival mode ect....

Why would the government not want this to happen? well what if they are wrong about what is going to happen would you want to risk everything falling apart for no reason?

What I don't get is if the world is going to end, the government is doing the nwo thing ect which there is a lot of evidence to point you in these directions, then why are all of these big business' and government expanding things so much its like the owner of walmart opens a new walmart every week and they are rich as hell, if they knew the world was ending or something why would they do that? why would we be building multibillion dollar military bases and research centers and all this stuff if its just going ot get destroyed, why try to hard to kill all the arabs and take their oil if we aren't going to need it soon?

which would make me think that we probably aren't going to be dieing anytime soon unless something does just happen and the government didn't expect it, its not like they know the future just because the government thinks something wont happen doesn't mean it cant....

but if they do want to establish a NWO then of course there would be no reason to stop building government installations by the hundreds a year, and big companies from building more and more stores because there will be people around to use them, but the thing is when you go to walmart you are going to see a big tank outside makign sure that you are being good because if you aren't you will be shot on site.

The NWO doesn't want to both with ordinary citizens that pay lots of taxes and are successful, they want to get rid of the homeless people, old people, crazy people, people who want freedom, people who don't think that a few should rule the many. The elite see themselves as kings that should be ruling over us they would prefer that there are no freedoms and things should be more like they were a few hundred years ago when kings could just behead you because they felt like it and people just went along with that because kings supplied you with food, land, crops, ect.

What the NWO doesn't understand is that didn't work out very well for the former kings and rulers of the world because there will always be strength in numbers, and if they do decide to take things over it may work fine for a while but it will only be a matter of time before the people unite and fight back to regain their freedom. It will be a sad day when this happens but remember that our country was founded by Terrorists who wanted freedom from the oppression of the english we had to fight for our freedom and will always have to stand up and fight to keep it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join