It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Politician Proposes License Plates For Bicycles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
Bicycle riders should be licensed, after being determined fit to operate a vehicle and aware of the laws governing traffic. Their bicycles should be subject to inspections for road worthiness and safety.

Propagandist liberal speech. As I see your parents took everything into your playground, with the exception of a laser trip mine... how unfortunate.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412

Bicycle riders should be licensed, after being determined fit to operate a vehicle and aware of the laws governing traffic. Their bicycles should be subject to inspections for road worthiness and safety.

Propagandist liberal speech. As I see your parents took everything into your playground, with the exception of a laser trip mine...

Nope. No propaganda. Nothing but honesty and truth in my post.

In true libertarian fashion, I don't give a damn what somebody does by themselves or to themselves, but when it has the potential to cause other innocent people pain and hardship through no fault of their own, there needs to be checks and balances.

BTW...what is a "laser trip mine" and why is it unfortunate?

edit on 13-1-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

LOL

It looks like somebody forgot to take their medicine this morning.

If you took some time to read, pal, and spent a little more time on ATS learning rather than spouting invective, you would know that I am far from liberal. Very far.

There is such a thing as an "ordered liberty". This is something that adults understand.

I would further recommend that, along with resuming your psychiatric medication regimen as soon as possible, you would take the time to rarefy your beliefs and mature emotionally.

End of discussion.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

LOL

Example #1 above: Typical mentally ill liberal reaction, when they can't add anything useful to a conversation.

Example #2: Typical mentally ill behavior which is usually expressed by ridiculing people, when someone is facing them with the truth.

If you took some time to read, pal, and spent a little more time on ATS learning rather than spouting invective, you would know that I am far from liberal. Very far.

Libertarians are usually liberals in the first place. And all your reactions are just proving that.

There is such a thing as an "ordered liberty". This is something that adults understand.

The ordered liberty worked fine for hundreds of years in bicycle's case, but now some idiots are coming to invent the Spanish vax. Again. Idiots. You're included.

I would further recommend that, along with resuming your psychiatric medication regimen as soon as possible, you would take the time to rarefy your beliefs and mature emotionally.

In my job it's essential to take these psychiatric exams yearly and I'm completely healthy on every possible way based on the exam what I needed to take two month ago. I also have a paper about it. Want it? So it's your turn kiddo. Go to a doc and ask a full examination for your head. Then we can dicuss who is the mentally ill and who is mature.

Bye, kiddo.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalSea
I applaud this idea. They've proposed it here in Brisbane, Australia as well and I am all for it. I am tired of cyclists taking up space on the road, getting their own devoted cycle lanes whilst I have to pay $500 AUD for 6 months of vehicle registration when cyclists get to use the roads for free.

Some of you don't seem to understand you're paying for the privilege of cyclists being able to use the roads for free when you renew your vehicle registration. Bring it on and make it mandatory for all cities throughout the world, especially if the money goes back into making the roads safer and better.

$100 a year for registering a bike seems like a fair price to me. Even $200 would be a bargain for cyclists. Maybe limiting this proposal to road cycles, not BMX bikes and just people who ride their little limited gear bike to the shop with a basket on the front.

If you can afford to spend $4000 on a professional bike, you can afford to get it registered..

I agree why should I be forced to pay all sorts of fines and fees just because I choose to drive a bike that has a 6cyl engine and 4 doors? Charge them like the rest of us or stop forcing people to purchase registrations and insurance. I might be willing to make an exception, and that is under the age of 16 can ride for free.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412

LOL

Example #1 above: Typical mentally ill liberal reaction, when they can't add anything useful to a conversation.

Example #2: Typical mentally ill behavior to ridiculing people, when someone is facing them with the truth.

Libertarians are usually liberals in the first place. And all your reactions are just proving that.

The ordered liberty worked fine for hundreds of years in bicycle's case, but now some idiots are coming to invent the Spanish vax. Again. Idiots. You're included.

In my job it's essential to take these psychiatric exams yearly and I'm completely healthy. I also have a paper about it. So it's your turn kiddo. Go to a doc and ask a full examination for your head.

Bye, kiddo.

OK, friend. You win. You have bested me in an intellectual duel. You are the winner.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

OK, friend. You win. You have bested me in an intellectual duel. You are the winner.

And the third example of a typical mentally ill liberal... this sentence.

BTW, it's not hard to defeat a liberal in an intellectual duel as liberals never was intellectuals, regardless how they're advertising it day by day.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I wanted to take a moment and Thank Everyone for their Replies.

I personally think this is nothing more than an attempt to collect more revenue from the people of New Jersey that still have a job. I believe it would have an adverse effect on a person working for minimum wage and just trying to make ends meet.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
I personally think this is nothing more than an attempt to collect more revenue from the people of New Jersey that still have a job. I believe it would have an adverse effect on a person working for minimum wage and just trying to make ends meet.

Bicycling is connecting to childhood, even in the 21st century. It's freedom for the kids and also for the parents, when they want to spend a weekend together. But now, pay for it, because we, the great politicians are greedy again. And also, imagine the NJ cops. Like if they would have enough freetime to pursue little pink bikes without license plates.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
As a kid who rides bmx i have to say this is nuts! i gotta get out of jersey!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Great idea think of all the money from fines to tourist that ride in on the metro trains and use bikes to get around.

We get 1000s every week in LA calif that park in outlying cities and bring there bikes there by robbing the taxpayers of taxes from the cab companies.

Many tourist would not hear about the License Plates and get fined.

You also need to check immigration status before giving out these plates as illegals use bikes and the city metro system to get around and we would not want that.

Also the city can hire a bunch of new cops to look for stolen bikes as that is always a big problem in big cities and you could fill the state prison system with bike thieves.

Maybe there needs to be a bike riders license. they could charge another $20 dollars for that.
a lot of illegal use bikes here in Calif and they rarely follow traffic laws. and cause a lot of problems for car drivers.

Here in Calif yesterday one police department arrested 5 people for DUI on bikes.
two drunks crashed on a hill and when the cops got there and found them drunk they noticed a group if friend of the drunk bikers riding down to help the crashed friend and when the cops did a sobriety check on them some were also drunk.
www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2011/01/13/state/n070810S78.DTL

Since the cost of a DUI ticket can run into the $1000s this city will make a lot of money from these drunks.
by the way they take your drivers licence so you can not drive a car in calif for ANY DUI.
so these DUI bikers will lost there drivers licences and have to do everything that a DUI driver would.
www.wisegeek.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

ANNED, at what age should we allow them to take the written bike test and the riding test?
Should there be a special two seater bike for the riding test, I think that would only be fair, don't you?

:
Guohua, I can't ride a bike

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Typical NJ just trying to scam more money. Everyone saying that bicycles should have plates what about runners? They share the road with cars? People walking to work or school? Maybe they should have to hang license plates from their necks?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Along with bikes lets go after those pesky handicap mobility chairs if they are rode on the street.

In the last 6 months i have seen the cops with a number of them pulled over.
Some people were driving them at night on the street with no light no reflectors on them.
One guy was driving right down the middle of the street.(he has alzheimer's and the cops got his son to take away the key, his car keys were taken years ago. )

There are a couple of non handicapped that use them to get around my town (Both have auto DUIs and have lost there drivers licenses)
edit on 13-1-2011 by ANNED because: missed spell check

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Try driving a car in Sun City Arizona, It's all Old People,,,, Like Me

No, I don't live there, We call it Gods Waiting Room,,,, there's a hospital on every corner.
They drive their golf carts every place they want to go, shopping, doctor appointment, movies and of-course to the golf course and bar and even the tity bars.
I go to Sun City once or twice aweek now, just hoping to see a case of Road Rage

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
Typical NJ just trying to scam more money. Everyone saying that bicycles should have plates what about runners? They share the road with cars? People walking to work or school? Maybe they should have to hang license plates from their necks?

That's a good idea, contact your local Liberal Politician, I bet you'd get a kick back from the money they could make.
I'm really surprised the local Liberal Committee member hasn't figured out yet, they could charge kids money for walking to school, the kids don't need lunch money anymore, the Liberals have the middle class taxed to pay for school breakfast and lunches.
They could put some off duty liberal Cops out there to shake the kids down for their money

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905

Hey whats wrong with charging people on bikes the same as motorists get charged? Why do people on bikes get a free pass? If I install pedals on my car will that qualify it as a bike? This thread is excellent and just goes to point out and show how the average person is getting bent over and raped by the government.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

jaynkeel, what do they do with bike riders in New York?
I understand you have a rather large messenger service in your city and they rides bikes?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Na I live closer to Buffalo not sure what they do in NYC as far as messengers, bet they could make a killing though!!! I just think that whoever (obviously not underage children) uses the roads should be required to pay for use and maintenance of the roads. Or could it be that the tax dollars and fees that are collected for road use are being spent elsewhere and people are afraid to admit it??

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join