It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney at firm representing Assange accusers helped facilitate CIA renditions in 2001

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Attorney at firm representing Assange accusers helped facilitate CIA renditions in 2001

www.rawstory.com

An attorney representing two Swedish women who brought sexual assault charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was investigated following revelations that during his time in the Swedish government, his administration helped facilitate extraordinary renditions that allegedly resulted in two terrorism suspects being tortured in Egypt.

The US policy of extraordinary rendition, or kidnapping terrorism suspects from foreign countries and transporting them to locations where torture is permitted, was a hotly contested issue during the administration of President George W. Bush
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well looky, looky here folks, more 'coincidences' potentially tieing in spook involvement with the Assange 'rape' case!

So the lawyer representing the supposed 'victims' was also involved with the CIA's 'extraordinary renditions', a.k.a. KIDNAPPINGS and torture programs.

But I'm sure the naysayers will again insist this is all just an innocent coincidence, and there is no foul play taking place here. Sure seems to be a LOT of those surrounding Assange.

Now the irony in this may well be that if this lawyer was partaking in potential war crimes, perhaps his name may well show up in some of the wikileaks documents? That may be part of his motivation in putting this 'case' together!

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Guess these guys are the "go-to" types governments turn to when the need some dirty deeds done (dirt cheap)...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't be suprised if people didn't pipe up and say that Assange was one of the CIA's torturers.
The whole wikileaks thing has me like a deer in the headlights. People ignore it, they misrepresent it, they talk around it, they talk over it....

I see SO much. It's like a huge hurricane spinning all around and NO one even feels the wind.

If I go out on my Broad Street and I ask about it, people would say "Wiki-who?"

There's SO many secrets on secrets on secrets, and everything we know is SO compartmentalized, and then we run around wondering why we are all so ignorant.
I don't want to be ignorant. I have SO many questions and NO one will answer them.

Why do I feel afraid? Maybe it is that big hurricane.
edit on 13-1-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The plot thickens constantly..
Many have said Wikileaks is a CIA front..
So now is it spook v's spook in a court room.???

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Mm, fascinating new twist. The women's lawyer - if they only have one, it must be the same guy - is also friends with the Prosecutor who changed the original decision that there was nothing to prosecute. The partner in his law firm was Head of Judiciary until farily recently, and the Judiciary was one of the parties exposed by a wikileaks cable which showed that secret co-operation with the US on 'terrorism' was going on without them having informed parliament.

There's also the Karl Rove connection.

Lol! Sooooo many coincidences.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

An attorney representing two Swedish women who brought sexual assault charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was investigated following revelations that during his time in the Swedish government, his administration helped facilitate extraordinary renditions that allegedly resulted in two terrorism suspects being tortured in Egypt.

i wonder if he will be able to use that information to stop him getting sent to america..
s+f to you... not that you need any.. you got more than you can count...

kx
edit on 13-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I suspect that's what they've already done - they've said he can stand any trial in UK as I understand it - instead of going to Sweden, because of the danger of extradition in the US and possibility of subsequent torture and execution.

The US is now so crazy it's starting to interfere in our extradition process. Not that I think Assange is a criminal here anyway, mind you.

I'm still waiting on SOMEONE to tell me WHY our state department is so busy selling stuff for certain corporations. Why don't we just rename them the sales department?

The coverage about Assange REALLY puts all this stuff in a very interesting light, one that needs to be shown - but I really wish some great journalist would start to question these things we see in the cables! There's trends there no one is touching. What's so great about our need to sell for Monsanto that we'd starve our allies to death? Why does our state dept cover up for sex slavery, human trafficing, rape and murder of children by Dyncorp? I have 10k other questions and being just a nobody housewife from GA I can't possibly get any answers by myself!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I would sympathize with Assange if he didn't have such a "im better then you" aura. He seems to be an extremely intelligent individual but he acts like he knows. I support those who stand up for their rights but I also believe that there are some lines that just shouldn't be crossed. Any organization would be angry about secret documents being published and the US military/government is no exception. I swear some will express confusion and outrage over why the man sticking his head in a croc's mouth gets bit

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MaOtCtKiIcNuGsBIRD

He really is quite intelligent, but he's a warm caring person. I don't think the media wants him to even look a hint of being like he is though. I also question why people in the US hate the super intelligent so much- it is a gut reaction for a lot of people if they think someone is maybe intellectually superior to them. What happens if you are one of those people? Are you not supposed to notice it? It's just something I've noticed.

new topics

top topics

join