It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

desertions in US army

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm desertions in the US army currently taking place ?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yes.

I heard rumors that we originally thought that our soldier were deserting, but it turns out that a lot of them were abducted by aliens.

I know you love conspiracy theorys so go ahead and run with this.....

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
anytime a nation goes to war. Training for war is one thing, actually facing it is altogether different. It's a given that some won't be able to handle it... I'm pretty confident that this would be a pretty low occurrance rate....

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
...Still, at least I'm comforted by the fact that, during the Gulf War to get Sodamn Insane out of Kuwait, *his* troops were surrendering by the dozens...And less than a week ago, some more of his troops tried crossing the border to surrender to the British troops (even though the war hadn't even started)...

The reason that this comforts me is that it's highly likely that Sodamn Insane's troops will be surrendering in the *droves* now that the *real* shooting has started. Every one of them that surrenders means more of *our people* & the more Britsh troops will be likely to survive through the war. This should make a lot of mothers & wives happier.

And at *no* time will I blame any of our boys for running away when faced with possible death...It's never an easy thing for *anyone* with even half-a-brain to face.

[Edited on 20-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I believe it was the Iraqi soldiers who surrendered to CNN reporters in the Gulf War...

Perhaps US Troops Deserting their posts is wishful thinking on your part, but I seriously doubt our troops are.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
...Still, at least I'm comforted by the fact that, during the Gulf War to get Sodamn Insane out of Kuwait, *his* troops were surrendering by the dozens...And less than a week ago, some more of his troops tried crossing the border to surrender to the British troops (even though the war hadn't even started)...

The reason that this comforts me is that it's highly likely that Sodamn Insane's troops will be surrendering in the *droves* now that the *real* shooting has started. Every one of them that surrenders means more of *our people* & the more Britsh troops will be likely to survive through the war. This should make a lot of mothers & wives happier.

Indeed, the President just said the Iraqi people, women and children will come to know the americans as honorable... If i recount the american mass rapings in Bosnia, that now makes sense

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   

[
Perhaps US Troops Deserting their posts is wishful thinking on your part, but I seriously doubt our troops are.

lets talk facts. there have been a lot of desertions last week already.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
That makes me happier as I am a military wife, and I'm scared to death! I'm not just scared for my husband though, I'm scared for everyone elses husbands, wives, parent (s), brothers, sisters, friends...and so on and so forth. My heart goes out to those in danger. And I do hope you are right MD

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I believe it was the Iraqi soldiers who surrendered to CNN reporters in the Gulf War...

That IS a fact, Do you have proof of US troops deserting?

Don't be a hypocrit.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Perhaps...But there's still a *big* difference between mere desertion & *surrendering to the enemy*!

Hang in there Magestica...I was in the Navy just before the first Gulf War. I've seen how it is, feeling about leaving the loved ones behind is like...first hand.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
Perhaps...But there's still a *big* difference between mere desertion & *surrendering to the enemy*!

yeah, desertion is honorable while surrendering is not

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeLLaTrIx
Your not going to reply to your accusation of American mass rape.

then tell me why great america is not participating in the war crimes tribunal ?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Karl???

WTF are you talking about!?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
America is great you little punk. Why dont you take your Anti-Americanism and stick it where the sun doesn't shine!

link   
I believe he avoided the question.

link   

Indeed, the President just said the Iraqi people, women and children will come to know the Americans as honorable... If i recount the American mass rapeings in Bosnia, that now makes sense

Karl can you provide any links which presents the above is true? From what I understand the opposite was in fact valid so an awaiting something more than just the word of a person who has to date BSed his way through this board.

Do you have any honor Karl?????

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rahboni
Karl???

WTF are you talking about!?

the international criminal court, to which the us didnt adhere ? .. and why ??

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
good ole Karl, always trying to stir up a hoopla over something that never happened. ignore this ignorant(is that appropriate, linguisticaly speaking) piece of german pacifistic appeaser. i have heard nothing of US rapers in bosnia nor of US deserters in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Do you have any honor Karl?????

remember, dont talk about things you dont know anything about yet

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   

remember, dont talk about things you dont know anything about yet

I smell a hypocrit!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join