It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil mudslides kill at least 350 people in 3 towns north of Rio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Brazil mudslides kill at least 350 people in 3 towns north of Rio

today.msnbc.msn.com

RIO DE JANEIRO — Walls of earth and water swept away homes in the mountains north of Rio de Janeiro, killing more than 350 people in three towns. Whole families were wiped out while survivors were left scrambling Thursday to reach still-trapped neighbors.

Some 50 people or more were still missing after the slides hit at about 3 a.m. Wednesday in the picturesque Serrana region north of Rio de Janeiro after 10 inches of rain — a month's normal rainfall — in 24 hours
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.radionz.co.nz
More News
edit on 13-1-2011 by JustCurious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I hadn't seen this already posted, if it has been mod's please move/remove this thank you.

I thought seeing how it wasn't widely reported on the News I would bring it here in case others haven't heard yet.
Aside from the storm surges in Australia, Sri lanka & South Africa are suffering from weather related incidents.

today.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 13-1-2011 by JustCurious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
No I was looking for this thread, and was going to post one but I don't have the ability to yet. New registration.

Anyway, on topic, this is only Jan 13th and we have another disaster happening. Add it to the list I guess.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
And counting....over 380 already....I'm a brazilian and I've seen those mudslides happen but never seen or heard of mudslides killing so many people in such a short time....
Mudslides in Brazil

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JustCurious1

Oh and just a little correction to the OP...these mudslides are not in the north of Brazil...they are in the north of Rio de Janeiro state, of which Rio de Janeiro is the capital...as my link also explains....thanks for posting though....way too many floods and mudslides happening at the same time around the world...lotta sad news so early in the year!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Good reporting and RIP to the lost. Things just really seem to be changing?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JustCurious1

I read thie on skynews earlier but didn't want to add to the gloom already here....

It is one thing after the other right now.... wonder whats in store for the next 11 months of this year!!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Seasons seem to be getting more and more intense as time pass by.
As we witness a lot of these floods, mudslides and alikes on the Southern hemisphere (because of high temperatures) , on the Northern hemisphere people are freezing to death(?).

By June/July 2011, we'll be seeing a lot of snow in Argentina. Mark my words.

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I feel so sad for all of these people, anyone know what I can do to help?

new topics

top topics

join