It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filthy pics from India...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by peanutbutter

Where exactly have you lived to say it's quite common to encounter such things? Or do you mean the internet? In either case, I raise you drinking cow urine and the encouragement thereof, which you can also encounter without the internet.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

where did you live? im sorry but maybe i mistook you for someone speaking blindly.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
the government hasn't provided the infrastructure/facilities

the government also hasn't put in place an adequate system so that people who throw garbage over the place are penalised. But this is changing quickly and such laws have come into existence, however a lot more work has to be done.
about a decade or two ago, vehicles would quite frequently violate traffic signals, but no one dares do this now, they know they'll be strictly penalised.

the government has let it's people down.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Both in Pune and Hyderabad.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
And the Indians call this culture? That's NOT culture!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 1 2 3

The government of India is both corrupt and inept. But if I recall correctly, they did try to put garbage cans somewhere, but the people stole the garbage cans. Plus, if the people don't care about the corruption, why should the government care? I blame parents who instill no civic sense to their children, but even they can't be blamed because their parents never taught them the importance of it. Even educated people do disgusting things like spit their paan onto the walls or streets. They have to start somewhere though. The "this is India, relax and do what you want" attitude has to stop.
edit on 17-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Dude, calm down, I'm American.
You're getting worked-up over nothing.

Also, if I had to choose between eating poop or drinking cow pee, I'd gulp down pee in an instant. But hey, maybe your lady friends poop tastes like chocolate, so you may think otherwise...

And I hardly doubt that drinking cow urine is a common practice. Though many people drink (even here in America) their own morning pee for health benefits.

Now here, this is interesting; it's a fairly common practice among White people in America:

edit on 17-1-2011 by peanutbutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

"The government of India is both corrupt and inept. But if I recall correctly, they did try to put garbage cans somewhere, but the people stole the garbage cans"

the people stole the garbage cans?
some of the people are so poor, even garbage cans are worth stealing?
"naughty garbage can stealing citizens" cannot be used as an excuse to shift the blame away from the government.
the government has to have a system in place which works, even dealing with these "naughty garbage can stealing citizens"

"if the people don't care about the corruption, why should the government care?"

exactly, the government shouldn't care because it's the government which is corrupt, and if the citizens don't care about corruption, then government can afford to take it easy.

But i wouldn't say that the people don't care, I'd say that the people are helpless. At the mercy of the corrupt government.
You want the people to topple this corrupt government, but this is almost an impossible task, the government is so rotten and corrupt, and the people are so weak.
Even in America, where the citizens are so much more better off, can the american citizens for example get their government to answer some of the unanswered questions regarding 9/11?
The government is corrupt and powerful, and will protect itself, so that the ordinary citizens remain as slaves

"Even educated people do disgusting things like spit their paan onto the walls or streets"

and in most cases are not fined. Penalise them and behaviour will change.

edit on 17-1-2011 by 1 2 3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I seen this a while ago. It was pretty gross all the people drinking and bathing in this water too! Ewwwww

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 1 2 3

Many people themselves support policies which make them poor. If they didn't close their domestic market and have such hatred for foreigners after gaining independence they might not be a developing country today. It isn't as simple as just blaming the government for everything. When computers came many of the citizens were complaining of possibly losing their jobs because computers would automate many tasks. If you want your country to be a better place, that's a value you need to instill to your kids, because they are the ones who are going to inherit everything when your generation is dead. The government does fine these disgusting habits, but citizens still don't give a crap. Perhaps if they made a death penalty people could be trained not to be boors, but then people would complain about their rights. Citizens themselves happily accept the incompetence of the government rather than demanding better, and they live their lives with the idea that it's okay to do whatever you want so long as you don't get caught. If they don't have the values to be a model citizen, how in the hell are you expecting to create a government with those values? It really doesn't matter who you put in charge, because, like you, they won't have those values.

If the parents teach the kids that it's okay to litter the streets or break traffic rules, how will you bring up any citizens who care about those types of things?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

In India cow urine and excrement is promoted as having many healing properties. Google 'gau jal' if you don't believe me. One would reason that if crap and piss of an animal is good for health, the animal's flesh would have superb healing properties.

I still think it's nasty to drink your own urine, let alone a cow's.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

in some of the poorest areas of India, why are people shi##ing on the roads, foothpaths or where ever?
there are no facilities.

whose job is it to provide facilities to these poor people?
the government.

why haven't these facilities been provided?
the govt. officials have eaten up all the money alloted for the construction of these facilities

like I said earlier, a decade or two ago, people used to frequently violate traffic signals. Today, it's different, and people don't dare do it. Why?
because there are cops everywhere and violators are sure to be fined. That's why.
It's not that all of a sudden parents have suddenly begun to teach their kids about the importance of following traffic signals.

your example, why is littering and paan-spitting still going on in certain areas?
because no fines are imposed.
impose a fine and people will stop. They'll feel the pinch, and they will stop.

for some reason, you seem to want to blame Indians for being intrinsically prone to unhygeinic habits.

I guess in your clean western country, parents are really wise and responsible and know just how to bring up their kids, huh?
I'm not buying it. It's only because of your law and order facilities and other facilities. And because your country isn't as poor as India, and kids have been raised in a comparitively luxurious environment compared to Indian kids, and therefore the kids in your country have developed certain habits.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1 2 3
reply to post by 547000

in some of the poorest areas of India, why are people shi##ing on the roads, foothpaths or where ever?
there are no facilities.

Actually, some people, despite knowing of such facilities nearby, still opt to use the street as their toilet.

whose job is it to provide facilities to these poor people?
the government.

why haven't these facilities been provided?
the govt. officials have eaten up all the money alloted for the construction of these facilities

Don't give me this nonsense about people caring for poor people there. Anyone who has actually lived there knows most people are fatalistic, and even neglect the poor. If the citizens cared about poor people, they would DEMAND that the government do something. If enough people CARED about such a thing, it would be done. Just like how people, in one case, stormed the police station to lynch people who were accused of killing a cow in public, whether they had any evidence for it or not. Enough people cared about some random cow to actually do something, but these very same people take a hands off approach to the poor. A cow has more respect than a poor person in India.

like I said earlier, a decade or two ago, people used to frequently violate traffic signals. Today, it's different, and people don't dare do it. Why?
because there are cops everywhere and violators are sure to be fined. That's why.
It's not that all of a sudden parents have suddenly begun to teach their kids about the importance of following traffic signals.

People STILL do break traffic rules when they know they won't get caught. Same with littering or spitting. And the police also lets them go because they are easily bribed. The only way not to be corrupted is to have the right values, otherwise you need a surveillance society.

your example, why is littering and paan-spitting still going on in certain areas?
because no fines are imposed.
impose a fine and people will stop. They'll feel the pinch, and they will stop.

There ARE fines, but people STILL do it.

for some reason, you seem to want to blame Indians for being intrinsically prone to unhygeinic habits.

Prove to me they are not intrinsically prone to such habits. Even countries with MORE poverty have better hygiene. It's with the mindset or values of the people, not just money. Unless they have basic civic sense it won't matter how developed a country gets. Even IIT engineers do unsavory things in India because of the "chalta hai" attitude.

I guess in your clean western country, parents are really wise and responsible and know just how to bring up their kids, huh?

No, they make mistakes. But people here do feel ashamed of acting like white garbage. People respect personal space and do treat public property with much more respect. It's just basic civic sense, and even hooligans seem to have it.

I'm not buying it. It's only because of your law and order facilities and other facilities. And because your country isn't as poor as India, and kids have been raised in a comparitively luxurious environment compared to Indian kids, and therefore the kids in your country have developed certain habits.

This doesn't answer the question as to why some countries poorer than India have better civic standards.
edit on 17-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Their filthy ways are my problem why?
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

hahaha...that is funny. Does this mean the entire western civilization eats # for sexual pleasure? I dont think so
Sure it is very easy to stereotype. It is amazing how we are on ATS and one of the statement is 'Deny Ignorance'
Yet people are so ignorant when they make comments which are nothing more than ignorant uneducated statements.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
And the Indians call this culture? That's NOT culture!

No. Indians are not calling this anything. You are assuming they are.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by peanutbutter
reply to post by 547000

Dude, calm down, I'm American.
You're getting worked-up over nothing.

Also, if I had to choose between eating poop or drinking cow pee, I'd gulp down pee in an instant. But hey, maybe your lady friends poop tastes like chocolate, so you may think otherwise...

And I hardly doubt that drinking cow urine is a common practice. Though many people drink (even here in America) their own morning pee for health benefits.

Now here, this is interesting; it's a fairly common practice among White people in America:

edit on 17-1-2011 by peanutbutter because: (no reason given)

wow..is this the western culture ? Smelling or Eating Poop for pleasure?
hahahaha

Just kidding. I know better than to stereotype based on a video. I do not judge the entire western civilization based on a stupid video unlike others do based on images.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It doesn't matter how poor or disadvantaged you are. It doesn't take money to make you see that defecating out in the open and polluting your environment is not beneficial in the long run.
This goes for Indian and the rest of the world.

Whilst many admire the country for its economic strides, it has a very very big problem with corrupiton, classism and illiteracy. I have travelled to the country and saw no signs of an attempt at upliftment of the general populace.

Strange though, one would think that one of the worlds largest countries (with a severe poverty issue), would have a proportionate number of philanthropists. Not so.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Dude, it's not like I'm lying. The practices that I mentioned do take place, and it's more common then you think.
I'm from NYC; trust me on this one!

See for yourself. I'm not making this up:

This is a fairly common practice among White folk.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I will never look at a dog the same way again.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join