It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filthy pics from India...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
also these photos are 10 years old...thanks to the GANGA ACTION PLAN we have a clean ganga...also this is the most backward part of india...varanasi and benaras...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
i read some of the article. it talks about how they have too much cow #. cow # is actually not that bad compared to, let's say... pig # or many other kinds of #. cow # actually smells a lot like grass. this looks really gross but india has really got a lot people and it's dry. I don't think this should be judgmental in any way.

I like indian people but don't get too many opportunities to talk about many things with one who has lived there and came over here. I wonder if them people trip balls over there with all that cow #. you know that's how mushrooms grow.

You can talk to me. I was 17 when i migrated to the States. I've been here 26 years (more than half my life).

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by halfoldman
So silly, the Ganges keeps flowing.
Many psychics predict natural disasters all over.
Rivers and mountains spew forth our negativity.
But Mama Ganga will always flow.
People have so got it all wrong.

Maybe for the next 30 to 40 years until the glacier melts away in the Himalayas. The rest is psychic mumbo jumbo or conspiracy theories

How can you say it is "conspiracy theory?"
We see rivers overflowing, taking lives, causing tragedy.
Mama Ganga is still flowing.
Who has She killed?
It is not hard to see how the earth revolts against this "out of sight/out of mind" silly Western culture.
Mama Ganga is one with us.
She will not harm us.
edit on 14-1-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnr42
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

I can't imagine a state in the U.S./Canada, or the U.K. living like this, without being descended on by federal dollars, and other missionaries, educators, and garden variety of do-gooders.

These are their own people, and they have a responsibility to help them out of this filth.

You sure?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apart from cultural differences not much in it IMO.

LOL Erm i don't think so....

Didn't you notice that tho's very few picture are off a total of 4 buildings ???

Wheres the hundreds of dead corpses wheres the streets littered with rubbish, wheres the cattle roaming road citys willy nilly, i mean its absolutely nothing in the slightest alike or as bad, tho's buildings would have falling into dis use many years ago, do you know how many years it takes to get looking like that LOL.

Also id like to add the photographer is into what is know in the Photography community as urbexing which photographer's take huge pleasure in sneaking into derelict and wrecked buildings & warehouses to take pictures

www.urbexing.co.uk...

India is in a far greater state of poverty than any western country it has the highest/largest gap in rich and poor than any other country in the world, while India is thinking of space programs they should be helping these poor people get out of poverty/hell, its utterly disgusting, i know there are literally millions in poverty but there are millions being thrown into space programs also its just disgusting, India is getting ahead of its self instead of crawling - walking - riding a bike - driving a car, India has learnt to walk and jumped strait into a car,

Unbelievable

edit on 14-1-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: Link added

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pilotdavems
It may be nasty, but it's not where I live, or, would ever want to. Saw the NatGeo channel a few days ago about "kids born in the brothels" in Calcutta. Nasty conditions as well, but I've seen some pretty bad stuff right here in the USA. Won't ever change until the people that live there want it to change. Europe, Mideast, Africa.........They will not change unless they want to themselves. Not very good leadership is my guess. I'm only 58 years old, and from what I've seen during my ventures around the globe, is that every place has extraordinary beauty, and at the same time unimaginable ugliness just around the corner. I feel blessed to live in the USA.

Why do you think you'll be living next to the brothel in Calcutta ?
Its like someone in Switzerland looking at the ghetto pics of Harlem or Detroit and making assumptions about the entire US
However I do agree that we are blessed to be in US for a very many number of reasons and not necessarily the hygienic conditions for the most part.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

You know, it's funny, I read your response and I have to say another part of my mind totally agreed with your point of view.
There are just so many ways to look at it, and the 'hippy' in me doesn't mind in the least.
I suppose, until I actually go to India and live and walk in their shoes perhaps I will always be mistaken about these sorts of things?
Anyway, thanks for offering me a new perspective.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

So silly, the Ganges keeps flowing.
Many psychics predict natural disasters all over.
Rivers and mountains spew forth our negativity.
But Mama Ganga will always flow.
People have so got it all wrong.

Maybe for the next 30 to 40 years until the glacier melts away in the Himalayas. The rest is psychic mumbo jumbo or conspiracy theories

How can you say it is "conspiracy theory?"
We see rivers overflowing, taking lives, causing tragedy.
Mama Ganga is still flowing.
Who has She killed?
It is not hard to see how the earth revolts against this "out of sight/out of mind" silly Western culture.
Mama Ganga is one with us.
She will not harm us.

Mama Ganga will seize to exist in another 30 to 40 years if you follow the glacial studies of the world or work with remote sensing studies. Indian Government (ARMY) already funded this study long time ago

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

I can't imagine a state in the U.S./Canada, or the U.K. living like this, without being descended on by federal dollars, and other missionaries, educators, and garden variety of do-gooders.

These are their own people, and they have a responsibility to help them out of this filth.

You sure?

LOL Erm i don't think so....

Didn't you notice that tho's very few picture are off a total of 4 buildings ???

Wheres the hundreds of dead corpses wheres the streets littered with rubbish, wheres the cattle roaming road citys willy nilly, i mean its absolutely nothing in the slightest alike or as bad, tho's buildings would have falling into dis use many years ago, do you know how many years it takes to get looking like that LOL.

Also id like to add the photographer is into what is know in the Photography community as urbexing which photographer's take huge pleasure in sneaking into derelict and wrecked buildings & warehouses to take pictures

www.urbexing.co.uk...

India is in a far greater state of poverty than any western country it has the highest/largest gap in rich and poor than any other country in the world, while India is thinking of space programs they should be helping these poor people get out of poverty/hell, its utterly disgusting, i know there are literally millions in poverty but there are millions being thrown into space programs also its just disgusting, India is getting ahead of its self instead of crawling - walking - riding a bike - driving a car, India has learnt to walk and jumped strait into a car,

Unbelievable

edit on 14-1-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: Link added

True. Wealth is unbelievably unevenly distributed. You have the filthy rich who can build a billion dollar home in Mumbai personalmoneystore.com...

The rest is the result of Globalization. Even China was/is in the same boat. Lack of political reforms until the 90's and then a sudden steep change in the lifestyle all due to MNC investment and a very lucrative middle class segment. The only people to suffer are the poor people without money or education.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
This is the United States 20 years or so...maybe less...ahead in the future. We have it good here now...and teens worry about Facebook going down? They havent a clue as to what is important, what is un-important, what is trivial, what is vital, and what is necessary or not in this world for survival.

I for one think every child, teen, man and woman in our so called-'civilized' countries should be made to view these photos from India. But, Im sure the teens would just say "Ooo! gross!"...and then they'd text and twitter the photos to their friends...while they drive.

Pay attention to India. What they hold as 'normal' to them....is liable to become the same for us one day as society, systems and governments break down. And do we think we'd be ready to live like that?

If todays youth in America and elsewhere are our future...we are doomed because they just dont believe or realize its that bad with contaminants over there. Nor do they care. They just pull into the next McDonalds or Taco Bell.

Wonder what they'd think if the speed bumps were BODIES?

Absolute bull. There's people in poverty all over the world. Nobody else are opting to live such a filthy lifestyle.

This is something restricted to India. It's little to do with poverty. I've seen many very badly poverty stricken areas and countries, none like some of the places in India.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagtail

You know, it's funny, I read your response and I have to say another part of my mind totally agreed with your point of view.
There are just so many ways to look at it, and the 'hippy' in me doesn't mind in the least.
I suppose, until I actually go to India and live and walk in their shoes perhaps I will always be mistaken about these sorts of things?
Anyway, thanks for offering me a new perspective.

I hate that you just did that. Don't be nice to me when I'm being an asshole, you'll throw me off my game.

My point was, being less offensive, aslong as it's accepted because it's a cultural norm and seen as something to 'respect', it'll never change for the better. So by defending these people, you're indirectly supporting the disgusting(and it is disgusting) state these people must live in.

Some views, beliefs and cultures need to be questioned. If there were some weird religious sect living on your street and in your town, conducting themselfs like that, you'd be irate lol

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I don't see anything filthy?
What's the point?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Those people are no diffrent than the animals nawing at the dead bodies,living like animals,india is a world factory and has shed loads of money,nuclear weapons and a space program, indians must realy hate their people realy bad and have the cheek to beg for relife aid for the poor,boggles the mind those people

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yes this is sad but not unique to India.

I was fortunate enough to travel in that part of asia last year and I spent sometime in the city as well as the rural and more remote places.

Poverty was everywhere but what really struck me was how amongst all those areas that we western people would call slums, there were some larger than life characters.

Surprisingly during my travel I did not really interact with the TV or Radio and I didn't need them, I was mesmerised by the people and their amazing, colour and unique lives.

Everyone had a story and as I moved around through the city to the slums (and less developed parts) of the city I came across something amazing - these people, who had virtually nothing were the ones who really shone.
They always seemed calm and not bitter about their situation and this was down to the fact that they had people they connected to daily around them but also because they had accepted their situation.

I had more peace of mind when I was out in the remote villages with not TV, radio or internet than I haver been in anywhere else, why?

Every day I would interact with people and talk and actually listen, with no awareness of time; In fact things seemed to slow down and I was taking a lot more of my surroundings.

But the evenings were the best, we would sit round a fire talking about everything and anything and to each other (not at each other), drinking "chai" and feeling really connected!

Adios.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KDM_Souljah

Oh you're all such hypocrites!
Mama Ganga is alive!
How many dead species and graves of native peoples are floating in your water?
Your water is poison.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by hp1229

You can never become better than what you worship. That's the fundamental priciple of the "worshipping" business. That's another reason Bible prohibits worshipping idol. So, it is very important to know what(who) you are worshipping. It is a matter of life and death in some serious situations. If you worship devil, you will become a devil and no more.

That means if you worship cow, you can never become better than cow. As a matter of fact, cow would care less if the whole grass field is filled with their own feces.

It seems like the people who worship cow also don't care about their own feces spread all over.

Is this a coincidence?

Not really.

Worshipping is also another form of appreciating or respecting what you rely or depend upon. A cow provides milk which can be used to make so many food products when alive and provides leather and meat when dead. Similar to the American Indians who worship nature and base the tribes around various animals as they sit fit to their belief system and behaviour pattern (wolves, cayotes, crow, eagle..etc). You are correct that the cow couldn't care less if the whole grass field is filled with their own feces. But just like everything else around the world, every one has their own way of looking at things and belief system even when it comes to religion.

It is definitely a shocker for someone who has never seen such conditions in their life time to make sense out of it and understand.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

How many people or families did you help with whatever and wherever you're from? I am not implying that you're from India. You might be from US

I AM in the US, and I recognize the attempt at baiting here. What do you mean by "did you help"?
How about have helped, am currently helping, and will help in the future?

Let me just say many. It's part of who I am, since you show curiosity, although, as I said it appears to be less curiosity than an attempt at baiting.

Give some thought on my username. Just give some thought to it.

edit on 1/14/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: repair codes

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Protests around the Klamath River:
That was 2005 - how's it going now, or Navaho water diverted to major cities?
What has happened to lakes and rivers in the US is considered an international tragedy, or environmental catastrophe.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by Subhuti

I think your respect for cow went too far. Not eating cow for meat is tantamout of worshipping it. All the animals are given for food for humans to survive. It is the utmost honor for any animals to be eaten by humans. No exceptions for cows.

Even Hindus eat/ate meat thousands of years ago. Certain Brahmins still do to this day eat meat during animal sacrificial ceremonies in some parts of India. Ancient Hindus (brahmins included) consumed animal protein on a regular basis. Over time, the side effects, diseases and benefits were realized for it to be included in the religious practice (way of life) as to not consuming meat is to follow the religious beliefs to the utmost with respect and a healthy living. Obviously the cycle of life is such that we are eventually eaten (atleast after death if you believe in burial) by some form of life (insects, bacteria. etc) during decomposition. Nothing wrong with it. The only thing people often cannot digest is when you see something explicit as the pics, it gets to them due to lack of exposure to that type of environment.

Back to the topic of this post, ever wonder how our/US soldiers, special forces in iraq and afghanistan live in the desert and dispose off the daily excrement? (Atleast the one's in the outposts surrounded by enemy). If possible, speak to few who return from the theater. I personally know a lot of them and have spoken to them. If they see this post and the reactionary comments on this site, they'll laugh their butts off
They have seen it far worst. Also speak to a WWII or Vietnam Vet about the living conditions during war.
edit on 14-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

How many people or families did you help with whatever and wherever you're from? I am not implying that you're from India. You might be from US

I AM in the US, and I recognize the attempt at baiting here. What do you mean by "did you help"?
How about have helped, am currently helping, and will help in the future?

Let me just say many. It's part of who I am, since you show curiosity, although, as I said it appears to be less curiosity than an attempt at baiting.

Give some thought on my username. Just give some thought to it.

edit on 1/14/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: repair codes

No baiting business here. Just a simple question. And if your answer is yes then good for you and god bless you.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You sure?

lol. Touche' ! The difference of course being, what you see in Detroit now is mostly an absence of people, and extremely high criminality effecting many who are left, not what we perceive are hygiene and disease issues.

But I see your point. Not exactly covered up in "do-gooders", are they? However, many of the problems seem to be the jurisdiction of law enforcement, as we watch a city die.

Glad you caught the point, thanks! I didnt mean it in quite the absolute sense some posters have taken it for, but it was more the federal dollars etc. part I was commenting on.
edit on 14-1-2011 by lnr42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by lnr42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join