It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Shooting: Pima County Sheriff's Department, College Won't Release Data On Suspect [Jared]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Arizona Shooting: Pima County Sheriff's Department, College Won't Release Data On Suspect [Jared]

www.azcentral.com

Sheriff's Department and community-college officials in Pima County are refusing to release a wide range of public documents about the man charged in Saturday's shooting rampage that left six dead and more than a dozen wounded.

The Pima County Sheriff's Dept. and Pima Community College have declined to release documents that could shed light on run-ins they had with the 22-year-old Jared Loughner in the months prior to the shooting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This only proves that it is not rhetoric that is the cause of the shooting, but the gross mishandling of the red flags and tips leading up to the killing spree.

I think that all this talk of rhetoric is just to introduce legislation that has been sitting idle on the sidelines waiting for just this type of event to occur.

I think it's reprehensible that the Sheriff is ultimately responsible for this tragedy, for not following through with his duties, and yet he is the first person to jump in front of a camera and point the finger at someone else.

The truth is, that this is not the result of any speech, but failure to properly assess this nutjob when it was more than obvious that he had large potential for violence.

www.azcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Well, well, well... Negligence at it's finest, it would appear.

What's that old adage, "If you have nothing to fear you have nothing to hide."?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
S & F for this thread too!

I agree.

the "authorities" (police and college level) are at fault for "glorifying" the nut case.

it must be in style or something?

too much passing the buck to avoid exposure of their own incompetence.

there could easily be dozens of "authorities" that took the "I'm anonymous" plea or said "it's not my job" on this one!

maybe some clever "fixers" spotted this ahead of time.

the media and "spokespeople" were too quick with the answers after the fact!

its like they knew the questions before giving the answers!

a usual tell-tale sign of a cloaked "fix and cover" operation!

I must ask the local "authorities" ...... Are There ANY More ???

edit on 13-1-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

In the wake of the Arizona shootings, it has been disturbing to see many politicians, journalists, and even a sheriff exploit a national tragedy for political purposes. And, in so doing, many have set themselves up as mental health experts, explaining to the public that political debate and rhetoric caused a likely psychotic suspect, Jared Loughner, to kill and injure innocent people. This is especially alarming when we consider that those who are public servants might, instead, focus their efforts on the more important issue: why did such an unstable young man slip through the cracks?

I wonder WHY the "Sheriff" wasn't an "expert" last week???

biggovernment.com...

I wonder if the nutcase had a job?

and how many fellow employees were tormented because "the job" was afraid to fire the bone-head??

how many "other victims" are there??

[color=RED]This could be a classic case of "Group Anonymity" to avoid "Responsibility"

its an old trick!

edit on 13-1-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think this sheriff prior to the event probably missed some big warning signs and is now trying to cover is tracks. There is a lot of evidence for us to see he was not mentally fit I wonder what information this guy is hiding he might of even made directs threats before the shooting.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I wonder if CNN/MSNBC will APOLOGIZE for having had this Sheriff on and for his anti-right rants .. now that his own negligence in this area is coming to light. Sure looks like he may have been covering his backend on national TV for his own agenda.

Originally posted by xuenchen

The mass murderer with the occult altar in the back yard worked at an animal shelter ... tons of unwanted and unaccounted for animals to choose from if he decided to offer an animal sacrifice or if he wanted to torture them (Psychology/history tells ya ... many mass murderers do). I fear for the critters he had to take care of.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Lol thats pretty far fetched lol, they said they found a fake skull in his backyard, then the media made it in a altar to satan lol, and seriously where did you get that he tortured animals lol, wow far fetched there buddy.

The sad fact is that he probably needed help a long time ago, and it seems that hes had a couple of issues with the cops in the past, and he always seem to got away scot free ehheeh, sad that he had the right to buy a gun lol

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think he will have to release all evidence collected in the end in some kind of report. after the court case has happened I also think all the court documents get released to the public so we might have to wait to see what's so embarrassing about this he feels the need to hide it
edit on 13-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: edit

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It would be interesting to see what type of laws Arizona had for institutionalizing the insane. Thanks to Federal Laws

An interdisciplinary look at the deinstitutionalization of the mentally ill.
The Social Science Journal
| July 01, 2001 | Krieg, Randall G

....Deinstitutionalization refers to a shift in the care of mentally ill persons from long-term psychiatric hospitalization to more independent living environments. A number of factors led to this shift in care. The widespread use of new drugs beginning with Thorazine in 1955 served as a catalyst for the release of many patients from psychiatric hospitals. Patients that could not previously function well in society could, with the use of newer drugs, live independently in society. This transition was also aided by a number of court decisions. What has become known as the "least restrictive alternative" allows involuntary admission to psychiatric hospitals only if there are no other feasible means of treatment that would allow more freedom to patients (Shelton v. Tucker 1960). In the 1975 case O'Connor V. Donaldson, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that nondangerous mental patients that are institutionalized against their will, have the right to be treated or discharged. The process of deinstitutionalization was grea tly accelerated by the enactment of federal Medicaid and Medicare programs, which enable many patients to sustain themselves financially in the community.....

Persons with Mental Illness
Persons with severe mental illness represented about 26 percent of all sheltered homeless persons (Annual Homeless Assessment Report to Congress, 2008). According to the Federal Task Force on Homelessness and Severe Mental Illness, only 5-7% of homeless persons with mental illness require institutionalization; most can live in the community with the appropriate supportive housing options (Federal Task Force on Homelessness and Severe Mental Illness, 1992). For more information, see our fact sheet on Mental Illness and Homelessness. The 23 cities that provided information reported that 26 percent of their homeless population suffered from a serious mental illness. By contrast, only six percent of the U.S. population suffers from a serious mental illness (U.S. Conference of Mayors 2008).

Persons Suffering from Addiction Disorders
Surveys of homeless populations conducted during the 1980s found consistently high rates of addiction, particularly among single men; however, recent research has called the results of those studies into question (Koegel et al., 1996). In Summary, the studies that produced high prevalence rates greatly over represented long-term shelter users and single men, and used lifetime rather than current measures of addiction. While there is no generally accepted “magic number” with respect to the prevalence of addiction disorders among homeless adults, the U.S. Conference of Mayors’ number in 2005 was 30%, and the frequently cited figure of about 65% is probably at least double the real rate for current addiction disorders among all single adults who are homeless in a year. Among surveyed homeless people 38% have an alcohol problem, and 26% report problems with other drugs (National Health Care for the Homeless Council). For more information, see our fact sheet on Addiction Disorders and Homelessness.

Instead of banning hand guns I think it is about time the Federal Government re-evaluated its stand on the mentally ill, drug addiction and homelessness.

If you want to lay blame for this incident on anyone beside the actual shooter then the blame rests squarely on the shoulders of the US Congress and Supreme Court who tied the hands of those who repeatedly tried to get this shooter help.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The Pima County Sheriff's Dept. and Pima Community College have declined to release documents that could shed light on run-ins they had with the 22-year-old Jared Loughner in the months prior to the shooting

Of course they aren't releasing it , this is an on-going investigation .

Standard-operating-procedure .

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The school is likely following their privacy policy. However, there is no doubt that the prosecutor will get a subpoena to obtain the information.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

I saw an interview with one of his former co-workers. Apparently he worked at Subway and was fired for being rude to customers.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive

Lol thats pretty far fetched lol, they said they found a fake skull in his backyard, then the media made it in a altar to satan lol, and seriously where did you get that he tortured animals lol, wow far fetched there buddy.

The sad fact is that he probably needed help a long time ago, and it seems that hes had a couple of issues with the cops in the past, and he always seem to got away scot free ehheeh, sad that he had the right to buy a gun lol
not so far-fetched-- the skull was on a covered table or stand with other items (like candles)- the father said he was planning to have JLL 'take it down'- it wasnt just a skull in the backyard- and it's not crazy to think he may have taken an innocent animal or two. he was fired from the animal shelter job because he was putting the animals in harm's way-- that is what the animal shelter people said

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive
seriously where did you get that he tortured animals lol, wow far fetched there buddy.

- I'm a buddette.

- Read up on the psychology of mass murderers. Lots of 'em tortured animals before hand.
- Read up on the practice of some (note .. I said SOME) occult groups .. animal sacrifice.
- I didn't say for sure that he tortured animals .. I'm saying it's a very good possibility considering everything.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Not sure if this is what the sheriff is talking about, but these look like campus police reports to me.

s.wsj.net...

(I'm insecure about my link. Had to type it out cause it wouldn't C&P. Anyway, it is Wall Street Journal. wsj.com.
Click on subheading "complete coverage" under Loughner's Downward Spiral)

edit on 13-1-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: (no reason given)

ETA2 grrr still doesn't work Sorry! frikken windows...
edit on 13-1-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sounds like doing 1. Maintaining peoples right to privacy.
2. Attempting to see that he gets a fair trial by not releasing information that can potentially bias a jury before bringing the case to trial.
Or does the right to a trial with unbiased jury no longer exist in the u.s ?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Lol my bad budette eheh, and your a flyers fan too ahahahah, just like my older brother eheheh im a habs fan here.

Sorry off topic eheheh

top topics

join