It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review of the bible - by Amazon user.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by edenstruth

I dont believe in god but i am willing to hear you out, so please go on!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Consider my bubble not burst.

Atheists certainly don't blow themselves up in the name of supernatural deities. Atheists don't preach dogma and rituals and we certainly don't pretend to know something we could possibly not. I think that's an honest and humble approach. What's best is we wouldn't indoctrinate a child, we would let children make up their own minds and educate on all religions.

The ideas in the bible are rediculous, we are evolved, not created, we don't know what the source of creation is yet, or whether a source is even required. I'm not willing to tell nonsense to a child on the basis of blind faith.

In regards to Deism or at mimimum just a belief in God - I'm not dumb enough to pre-suppose a creator, its as dumb as saying that there is no creator. I am agnostic, as is every other human. We don't know, some claim to though.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Consider my bubble not burst.

Atheists certainly don't blow themselves up in the name of supernatural deities. Atheists don't preach dogma and rituals and we certainly don't pretend to know something we could possibly not. I think that's an honest and humble approach. What's best is we wouldn't indoctrinate a child, we would let children make up their own minds and educate on all religions.

The ideas in the bible are rediculous, we are evolved, not created, we don't know what the source of creation is yet, or whether a source is even required. I'm not willing to tell nonsense to a child on the basis of blind faith.

In regards to Deism or at mimimum just a belief in God - I'm not dumb enough to pre-suppose a creator, its as dumb as saying that there is no creator. I am agnostic, as is every other human. We don't know, some claim to though.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

in genesis it speaks of god creating. he created man and woman and then stops. what type of man and woman did he create? evolutionary man and woman. from amoeba to primate. right after creation, it begins talking about the lord god. what is a lord? its a manly figure of elevated status. so the lord god forms man. formation is not the same as creation. we have two seperate scenarios in genesis. creation is taking nothingness and making somethingness. formation is taking what is already here and manipulating it. hitler was into this kind of stuff. his ideal was the blond haired blue eyed 6 foot man. all of these characteristics are not of this world. it is my belief we have been visited by an alien species whom we will call the sons of god . they took the species that evolved here and mixed their dna with what evolved on this world and created us. of course theres a variation on the theme ( different nationalities) its like using a mixture ratio 25% alien and 75% earthly dna creates one degree of humanity. and vice versa. man has been given free will to live his life the way he sees fit. history shows he hasnt done a real good job at it either. it doesnt take religion to see what the bible truly speaks of . i consider the bible a history book and it will serve man well if he really understands it.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Do amoebas have ribs?

So a talking snake talked to the amoebas? I've heard it all now. Genesis is the founding for original sin (lack of innate morality)

With this evolutionary "interpretation" to disguise Genesis with, the nonsense that is preached inside cannot be believed when we look at how primitive life functions.

This can't be believed by a thinking person.
edit on 13/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

adam and eve and the snake is a christian belief. you cant actually believe there was a snake involved in mans existance can you.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I don't know any serious person who can. There is much superstition in the bible, they thought disease and natural disaster was "punishment" from God. We later learned how bacteria and our planet functions, or at least to some degree. What you read in the bible is not scientific, and the descriptions are broad and contradictory.

Besides, why are you arrogant to assume "GOD" has a special plan for us however 99.8% of all species that ever existed on earth have died out, become extinct? Pretty nice chap. Our sun will soon burn out also.

Even if i did beleive this being existed i would not worship him. He is capricious, malevolent and if we go by the Christian definition; extremely fascist.
edit on 13/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Than God is truly a malevolent being.

Have fun worshiping your child murdering psychopath

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I appreciate the reply,you have obviously done a lot of research and its an interesting theory but im afraid its all lost on me,i dont believe it to be the word of god and to be quite honest i cannot get my head around the idea of an almight creater,the idea just seems totally ludacris to me! peace

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
i used to be a christian, but after i fell in love with the universe i realized all religions are silly. to really think humans are so important that the "creator" of the Universe (which is UNFATHOMABLY HUGE) comes to intervene with us bahahaha thats like us talking to the a quark...
oh and also religions are wayyyyyyy to simple to be the answer...

i personally believe the we (and all other living things) are a way for the Universe to know itself.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zptramel

It warms my heart to hear of conversions like this. I'm glad you set yourself free.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join