It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the australia disaster being reported overseas ????

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

It's been pretty much the headline news story on SKY news every day this week and last week too. I haven't really been watching the other news channels because they're on at set times, SKY is 24/7

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
This is not a post for the sake of just posting.

PLEASE...can people from countries other than australia let us here all know if this absolute tragic disaster is being reported overseas?

How much media coverage is this story of the floods receiving. Please take 2 minutes of your time to tell us what country or state you are from and is it on the main news, just in the papers or you didnt even know about it.

United States, Montana specifically; and yes MSN reported the floods and continues coverage that becomes more sporadic as the public interest wanes. Not assigning value, or judging, just telling you what you asked.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yes its in the media in the Netherlands. Lots of people however have no idea that a area the size of Germany and France together is flooded and how many people are involved in this tragedy.

To all of you out there: hold on and take good care of each other. You're all in our thoughts and prayers, better times will come!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I live in Washington and yes the Australian floods have been on the news.

The area I live in is prone to flooding and at times I've been landlocked on the top of hill I live on for weeks. I wish everyone in Australia the best of luck and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Take care everyone.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Kansas, US. Very MINIMAL coverage. As others have stated before, most news coverage is on the Shooting in Arizona, and Haiti relief things.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
San Diego, Ca. here. Just caught a brief synapse of the event on the morning news station. They didn't go into much depth, but I have been following since the thread was created on Sunday or Monday. Such tragedy. My heart goes out to all of you Ozmen and Ozwomen.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
reply to post by ALadInsane

Lies. I'm in the UK and it'a making major news.

It's all over the net and the national news.

Mate. It's getting nowhere near the level of coverage as Katrina, the Haiti earthquake, Pakistan floods.

To imply it's getting just coverage is wrong. The lead story earlier was the cricket

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Queensland is only a part of it. Northern NSW is coping the same flooding, Im in victoria and a Town was blocked from all directions this morning... This has been happening all over the country for the past few months, though Queensland are coping it worse than anyone right now.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

PLEASE...can people from countries other than australia let us here all know if this absolute tragic disaster is being reported overseas?

How much media coverage is this story of the floods receiving. Please take 2 minutes of your time to tell us what country or state you are from and is it on the main news, just in the papers or you didnt even know about it.

It is being reported, but this is not considered a great disaster in the world scale. China experienced similiar flood like the oz flood last year, which is also reported. Dunno whether they reported that in oz.

China’s Floods Leave 211 Dead, Displace 2.4 Million

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yes every day on the news in the UK

It's the biggest story and has been since it broke.

My thoughts are with you guys.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yes, it is being covered in the US, CNN, Google News and the BBC have articles up.
I have been keeping an eye on this, hope and best wishes of health be with our Australian brothers and sisters during these floods and storms. I hope those storms pass swiftly and end soon. try your best to get out of flooded areas asap.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Indiana - US here! I watch very little news - I check news on My Yahoo page and ATS. I just turned on CNN - will let you know if I hear anything. I know I haven't heard anything local except on the National Weather Channel which is US wide, not just Indiana. I hope the cyclone misses Australia - you have enough already.
Stay safe Aussie friends!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've been watching it all day on the BBC News they had a special report from ABC news with Kevin Rudd in the water ,helping people move their things out of flooded houses.It's on the front of our local paper also.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Yep...im midwest too and haven't heard squat about it..

We hardly hear anything to do with anything except (England, mid east, Israel, and border probs with Mexico).

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Im from Canada, I haven't heard anything about this on TV, though I don't watch the news very often. Actually the only thing I've seen on this besides here on ATS was one small article on the MSN home page a few days ago.

For the past several days literally the only thing I've seen on the TV news is about the Arizona shooting...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I am in Missouri and yes it is on the news. They have a small 2 minute story about it from time to time. It look very devasting. I hope things settle down soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Wait what?? I'm here in Texas and I haven't heard anything about it

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here in the midwestern-USA, we (family, friends, coworkers, and I) haven't heard anything about floods in Australia.

After looking into it some more, my thoughts and prayers go out now nightly to you folks living there.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I have lived in Melbourne for 8 months last year and I can tell you, media in my country (Slovakia) dont really care about Australia.

I heard something in the news, but not much, just that you have floods on the east coast guys...

Hope its not so bad

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
many many thanks to those of you who took the time to respond to my thread. the many posts of good wishes and prayers will be passed on to many aussies through my facebook page.

i think even i am a little surprised at how far and wide the ats community really is.

keep the posts coming in because i know that there are aussies reading these and it does give comfort to think that we are not alone.

thankyou
punterdeb
xxxx

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join