Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is the australia disaster being reported overseas ????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Maybe some members in Australia can tell what coverage they had of the floods BEFore it reached Brisbane area.Many Queensland towns have been underwater for weeks and whole towns have been evacuated more than once.Anyone heard of or know where these places are? Theodore,Emerald ,Gayndah ,Chinchilla, Condamine etc these are just a few.Do you see what i am getting at?

In Europe we had coverage more or less since it started. This article dates december 9, that's over a month ago: Worst floods in decades in Australia

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Denmark are covering it too

It just not that much we hear about it. Suprisingly..
It was the first time today, that I saw headlines on our news.

And best of luck too all Aussies

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Zimbabwe, Africa. Yeah, its all over the place at the moment.

I got friends there, just hoping they ok!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

It's top news here in the UK, and the general mood is one of deep sympathy towards Australia. I'm a bit concerned about an old work colleague who emigrated a few years ago and settled in Brisbane, last I heard from her they were staying put, but since then the flooding has worsened.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Romania: - low* media coverage (I'm not surprised)

My only sources were ATS and BBC. The news sources here barely had any information worth listening to.
edit on 12-1-2011 by flk1331 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb

Originally posted by 12voltz
Maybe some members in Australia can tell what coverage they had of the floods BEFore it reached Brisbane area.Many Queensland towns have been underwater for weeks and whole towns have been evacuated more than once.Anyone heard of or know where these places are? Theodore,Emerald ,Gayndah ,Chinchilla, Condamine etc these are just a few.Do you see what i am getting at?
edit on 12-1-2011 by 12voltz because: of the media circus

i can answer that. it was receiving a lot of coverage. since the whole flash flood nine and seven have had round the clock coverage.

Concur with this. We were getting alot of reports ever since it started and since it has escalated beyond expectations many news stations have been showing 4 hour long reports about. Most in Australia know someone affected by this disaster.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thestink
Indonesian Tsunami..Australia gives $1 billion in aid, Pakistan floods..Australia gives $66.5 million in aid. THE WORST floods in Australian history destroys homes, towns, life and businesses...Australian government donates a lazy $1 million.. pull your finger out of your ass Anna Bligh and Gillard start looking after your own!

Mate the Government will be donating ALOT MORE in the coming days and weeks. Look at the Victoria Bushfires, they started off with a low amount and got bigger. They will donate ALOT MORE but what is the point in releasing all the money when they donnt even know the extent of the damage. Cmon man, use your head and think.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikke24
Hi
here the Netherlands

We been informed that there are dosins of people death
a lot of km's of land are submerged,
sharks swimming through the streets of Brisbane
people are being rescued

is that it? or is there more?

I can back up this one, i'm from the Netherlands to, and the BIG news station (RTL) is reporting constantly about casualties and destruction in Australia (and some other countries) because of the floods (Even about that shark swimming in the middle Brisbane).

I really hope for all the souls out there to be safe..
Blessings

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleIndianJr.

its not just Queensland there are floods in 3 different states Victoria, New South Wales, and QLD

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

Up to 20,000 homes are now at risk in Brisbane, as deadly floodwater hit Australia's third-largest city, officials in the Queensland state say.

Central Brisbane is a ghost town, with electricity cut and thousands of people fleeing the rising waters.

West of Brisbane, the city of Ipswich is being swamped by flood waters in a situation described as "total chaos".

Rest assured you're in our thoughts.

My housemate was just telling me a sad story about a thirteen year old boy who asked rescuers to save his ten year old brother. The younger boy was saved, and the older boy sadly drowned.

Very tragic, but ultimately very brave.

You Australians are tough people, so i expect and hope you rally together and help each other.

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Essex United Kingdom here and yes in the UK and on our local news there is coverage ... But we also watch Sky and CNN and CBS and RT as do our children so we have several feeds.

It's so horrendously awful I can't even imagine how it must be to be THERE.

My 14 year old daughter said to me last night "How would we get to safety? If the water came in that quick how could we grab the younger children, the pets and each other and get to safety."

My 8 yr old son then said "Mama can we get life jackets for the closet?"

Our thoughts go out to you all and I am sending strength vibes to those that have lost and hope those that are missing are just that... missing... and will show up again soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

My housemate was just telling me a sad story about a thirteen year old boy who asked rescuers to save his ten year old brother. The younger boy was saved, and the older boy sadly drowned.

Very tragic, but ultimately very brave.

Oh goodness that actually just made me cry ....

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Very said. But just proves how brave even the younger Aussies are.

What a brave kid.

Peace

--

Incidentally, here's a link if people wish to help and donate for the flood relief:

www.qld.gov.au...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Thanks for the link
edit on 12-1-2011 by yzzyUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The Australian floods are getting alot of media coverage in New Zealand.....LOTS

I do know Indonesia, the US and NZ offered some help but they took up NZ's helping hands and are already on the ground in Qld for some days now. More help from NZ is coming I believe.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Their mum died with her 13 year old son. Sad sad sad

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Im from the uk. Its not been on the news as much as id thought it would be, but tbh iv not seen as much news id like the last couple of days.
I cought a little snippet of info about it on the bbc news this afternoon, but not much. It is main headline on the bbc web site though,

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 12-1-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-1-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thats why us Kiwis and Aussies have to stick together no matter what

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's been reported very often on all MSM channels up here in Scotland.

I watch the new both before and after work, and it is the top story which is currently being reported from what i have seen.

My thoughts go to all those affected.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I´m in Estonia and it´s on news, but of course not in front pages. It´s so common, that some pointless "news" about local politics are more important, than whatever big disasters going on in other countries. But at least we have some basic news about Australia. Australian Estonians are wrinting rewiews abot the situatsion. We have Estonians living in Australia and because there are not many of us, we probably are more interested, how others are doing elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join