It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loughner: The Lucid Dreaming Terrorist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Im surprised no one has really mentioned this or said anything about this....apparently Jared Loughner was an avid lucid dreamer. But I dont recognize his supposed ATS username from any topics in this forum. But check out this quote, which makes up the second paragraph of the article:

He also describes Loughner as being obsessed with "lucid dreaming"—that is, the idea that conscious dreams are an alternative reality that a person can inhabit and control—and says Loughner became "more interested in this world than our reality." Tierney adds, "I saw his dream journal once. That's the golden piece of evidence. You want to know what goes on in Jared Loughner's mind, there's a dream journal that will tell you everything."

motherjones.com...

So......think this is interesting? This raises so many more questions than it answers.

Is someone (besides loughner) trying to demonize lucid dreaming for some purpose?
Maybe loughner fried his brain by getting little to no sleep in efforts to induce lucid dreams. Or maybe he actually got possessed by a demon, or thought he did, in a lucid dream?
Why isnt anyone talking about this "dream journal", and why is it the key?
Do you guys recognize his ATS username from lucid dreaming topics? Apparently, from what I have found, he didnt make a single post in any thread about lucid dreaming. His major contribution to this forum was a thread titled "An infinite source of currency!?!?" www.abovetopsecret.com...
Also, the dream state, his favorite books, and the MK Ultra coincedence is a little much.

What happened to this kid, and how was lucid dreaming involved?

edit on 11-1-2011 by aching_knuckles because: mk ultra stuff

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Honestly dont post another thread on here about loughner, We dont want to attract media attention.
So were keeping this topic down to a minimal

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

I like how they refer to lucid dreaming as "belief in an alternate reality" to make it sound "nutty"

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If someone gave you tons of electroshock, and drugs; and you could still speak english at all afterwards....you would probably only be able to say "i like conscience dreaming".
I think that is the way he put it. It was really oddly worded...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
When someone pulls a stunt like Jared Lee Loughner did, you try and rationalize it in any way possible. So I go down the list of everything we know about this guy. It just so happens he was into lucid dreaming. Is that the reason or one of the reasons for his actions? Who knows?

The man was also into video games. He also read a great deal of books. He listened to music. Any of these items could be turned into "the reason" for his demonic actions, hence being demonized. You chose to focus this thread on just one aspect. On another board I frequent, they've chose to delve into his video gaming.

There are a couple other things we know about this man. He was a living, breathing, feeling, and thinking human being. He was American. He knew how to use a gun. His name was Jared. He had three names. He was 22 and Caucasian.

Anything can become demonized. In other words, anything can be the reason for his actions. In yet other words, the reactionary human needs something to blame or be the scapegoat, RIGHT NOW. The rational human won't demonize anything because it does little other than give some argument ammunition and give news outlets some grandiose headlines.

Expect more of this. Tomorrow we might find out he enjoyed vegetable pizza. Too much..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
If someone gave you tons of electroshock, and drugs; and you could still speak english at all afterwards....you would probably only be able to say "i like conscience dreaming".

As obsessed with grammar and language as he was, you'd think more people would notice that he continually used the word conscience and not conscious.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
His parents are about to speak on cnn:

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've been expecting more publicity on this as well. My fear is that people will begin to think lucid dreaming is a bad or dangerous thing. To me, lucid dreaming was one of the most liberating experiences ive had and changed my life for the better. But the lack of publicity for this makes me think that there has been enough research on lucid dreaming that people know it's not dangerous. For me, if youre gonna attributing his LD'n to his lunacy you might as well attribute the fact that he walks on 2 feet to his lunacy as well. For all we know, he may never have even done it, maybe experienced slight lucidity once and thought he was god or something crazy like that, that crazy ppl would do.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nougat420
reply to post by aching_knuckles

I like how they refer to lucid dreaming as "belief in an alternate reality" to make it sound "nutty"

Even though it's been proven. Subjects were asked to do certain eye movements when they entered a lucid dream state. They were able to do so.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Yeh, I noticed this! Not conscious dreaming, conscience dreaming, i thought that was really weird.

Originally posted by 11PB11
I've been expecting more publicity on this as well. My fear is that people will begin to think lucid dreaming is a bad or dangerous thing. To me, lucid dreaming was one of the most liberating experiences ive had and changed my life for the better. But the lack of publicity for this makes me think that there has been enough research on lucid dreaming that people know it's not dangerous.

I agree wholeheartedly. But the IDEA of lucid dreaming is certainly dangerous to some people I would think. Organized religion jumps immediately to mind....

ETA: although lucid dreaming is not dangerous, sleep deprivation can literally drive you insane. And, without trying to step on anyones toes, there is a person who runs a famous lucidity website that definitely comes on ATS, whose methods include setting alarms and tricking your mind into the correct state for lucid dreaming/oobes. So using the logic that one would apply to a crackhead....maybe he was addicted to lucid dreaming, and just kept himself on the edge of falling asleep at all times.....or maybe (heres where my conspiratorial MK ULTRA theory comes in) maybe someone led him to this topic, then encouraged this, or wouldnt let him sleep, or hypnotized him and called it lucid dreaming.

Like I said, theres a lot of ins and outs to this one, donnie.
edit on 11-1-2011 by aching_knuckles because: conspracy theory

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yeah your right the organized religious type like when I spoke to my sister about this incident she of course had to mention...."yeah they said he was lucid dreaming or something." She was sly about sneaking that comment in there and she's become a very religious "scared of everything she doesn't understand" type of person.

top topics

join