It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 and the theory of relativity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm still reading up on a lot of the 2012 theories, but wouldn't the speed of light work against some of them?

For those that don't know, the speed of light is the universal speed limit. When you look at an object in space, you're actually seeing the light, not the real object. For instance: the sun is 8 light minutes from earth. So you're seeing the sun where it was 8 minutes ago.

So even if everything lines up, wouldn't the light and gravity come in staggered waves, instead of all at once?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Good point but I believe that a type of Radio Wave can travel as fast or if not faster than the speed of light too.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000
Good point but I believe that a type of Radio Wave can travel as fast or if not faster than the speed of light too.

Thanks for the info, found a link:
www.neoseeker.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Multiply the distance by the gravitational force.Then multiply that times 3.14.Divide this number by the number of leftover donuts at your local dunkin donuuts.This number should add up to the sum parts of totality to the exact timing of the 2012 earth shift changes and new age of retardness.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by linkshot1000

not so relevant here; radio waves are the same as light waves, just different frequency

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Wow now thats interesting! Dead stars radio waves traveling faster than the speed of light. Thnx for the link

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Multiply the distance by the gravitational force.Then multiply that times 3.14.Divide this number by the number of leftover donuts at your local dunkin donuuts.This number should add up to the sum parts of totality to the exact timing of the 2012 earth shift changes and new age of retardness.

Good one. I highly doubt any of the 2012 doomsday stuff will happen, Just wanted to throw my idea out there.

But now you have me wondering about Pi..... damn you!!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocketman70433

Originally posted by brindle

Good one. I highly doubt any of the 2012 doomsday stuff will happen, Just wanted to throw my idea out there.

But now you have me wondering about Pi..... damn you!!!!!
I have reviewed this formula time and time again .It consistently proves accurate.In case it fails,revert back to formula #314.# 314 says subtract your height in inches from your weight,multiply that by 7,which is the number for shrimp and scallops in garlic sauce at the chinese restaraunt,divide by 4,the number of braincells i have.This number will be the next megamillions lottery winner,never fails.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I wish this site had a "like" button. hahahahaha

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VocalHero
I wish this site had a "like" button. hahahahaha

It does. Click the star-shaped outline on the top of his post.

top topics

join