It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisibility Cloak In Action? Video!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Forgive me if this video has been posted before,i did a quick search and couldn't find it.
What do you guys think,is this real or cgi?
There has been incredible advances in recent years on this type of technology but ive never heard of it being used in real conflicts.
The first part of the video appears to show a partially invisible soldier:

edit on 11/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

I have seen that video before but can't remember if it was debunked or not. My guess is that it is just the poor resolution and refresh rate of the camera.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
One reason why I think its fake or just a camera issue, is because his uniform did not change to match the tank's appearance, and when he got to the top, it appeared that half of his body was above the tank, meaning that the trees were behind him, so half of his body ought to have appeared as part of the forest background, and the other half as the tank. But no part of him appeared as either, and when he seemed to have changed color when he climbed the tank, well, he changed into the wrong color lol.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I dont know what to think about this. All I know is I want one!
U don't seem to mention the vehicle that comes appears from nowhere. Is it wearing a cloak too?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alittleironic

Lol, yeah i want one too,but i dont know what you mean about the vehicle,it appears to come up a road hidden by that wall!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Already debunked.

Video compression artifacts.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Please can you provide a link to it being debunked,it would be much appreciated

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
real or not i want one
second line

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And an even old thread.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Thanks,the original video from the previous thread clearly shows it to be a faulty camera!

Best scribble it off my christmas list then

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I rember seeing this video awhile back and it was debunked..still a neat video though makes ya think about what we could have in the future..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

1954ish the Philadelphia project
2010 Black ops testing "Mirage" in middle east

Not implying its the same route to invisibility but 50 plus years researching it should turn up some cool cloaking devices

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
hey, whats Harry Potter doing wandering around in the desert? I'd much rather fight voldemort than the U.S military...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
And an even old thread.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

It wasn't debunked because You Said it was debunked. Camera/video pixalation from compression?
A damaged camera from the blast? Then why do the recording heads follow the soldier and not stay in just one place?
Please provide your study on the camera that was used.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I will try to explain it as clear as possible.

When a video codec compresses a video stream, it looks for areas that doesn’t change. When it finds an area that doesn’t change, then it doesn’t send a new copy of that area out every new frame. When it detects a change in that area, then it sends the updated information on down the video stream.

Now here is the problem. You usually have a hard limit on the maximum data rate that the codec is allowed to send down the stream.

Lets say that you have a video that has a lot of motion in it. So much that to keep up with all the changes in the image, it would have to send data faster than it is allowed to.

There is two options…..

#1 Cut frames where there is less frames per second, but keep the image quality above a specified percent on each frame.
#2 keep the frame rate up, but allow a lower image quality on every frame. As more motion happens, you allow the smaller defects in the image to go unfixed.

It depends on the manufacture of the compression device, but most of the go for option 2.

The frame rate of the video was maintained, but there was blocks of the video that the codec couldn’t fill in because it didn’t have any more bandwidth available to send the data.

For a hands on example. Download a copy of virtualdub, or any other video compression program that allows you to manually set the limits for the codec.

www.virtualdub.org...

Set the slider control on the video codec to smoothest. Set the bandwidth limit to some ridiculous low value. And try to compress a video with a lot of motion in it.

You will see moving object disappear and faces turn into jumbled blocks.

I have seen it so many times when I have been compressing video to fit in a limited space/bandwidth that it doesn’t even take a second look. I know what is happening.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

it seemed as if whenever he was running up to the tank he flung his arms backwards, as if to get rid of it, and hop his butt up on the tank.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Thanks Mr Tranny for showing this has been debunked!

Ive managed to embed the original video from the link by Mr Tranny,originally posted by SLAYER69!

Originally posted by SLAYER69

(click to open player in new window)

Boy do i feel stupid now,thanks SLAYER69

CASE CLOSED!
edit on 14/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

top topics

join