It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime in the US

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Sure, maybe younger kids are influenced when they watch things intended for adults but that doesen't mean I want those things banned. It's up to the parents to teach the kids what is right and what is wrong in this world, but not to shelter them completely from these things. I was never sheltered from things in this world, my parents taught me the truth and how it affects me. I don't go around committing crimes and harassing people on the street.

It is really up to the parents.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
Sure, maybe younger kids are influenced when they watch things intended for adults but that doesen't mean I want those things banned. It's up to the parents to teach the kids what is right and what is wrong in this world, but not to shelter them completely from these things. I was never sheltered from things in this world, my parents taught me the truth and how it affects me. I don't go around committing crimes and harassing people on the street.

It is really up to the parents.

They shouldnt be banned, but we're lucky to have had parents that guided us in the right direction. But society today is different, when we were growing up, criminals (or those who pretend to be) were not put on high and paid millions of dollars, not until NWA did that start. And now parents are younger, still kids themselves, and most haven't yet fully become aware of what's right or wrong. I'm sure your parents werent playing Brutha Lynch talking about eating baby guts when you were riding in the backseat on a family vacation. Freedom of speech should stand, no form of expression should be banned. But our society should also not glorify these "characters". They should not be made rich off negativity. Like I said we don't know yet what the consequences of this negativity being forced on young children will be. I guess we'll find out.

<< 1  2   >>

join