It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime in the US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This is actual data of crimes committed:

www.fbi.gov...

Take a look at table 2.6 in particular. Even though african americans are 12% of popultion they commit 50% of all murders. No need to complain. Data does not lie. Any comments?

[edit on 10-7-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I believe no one wants to reply because it is true and they have no defense? Or am i mistaken.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
I believe no one wants to reply because it is true and they have no defense? Or am i mistaken.

They probably don't want to reply because you're a race baiting troll that's making no point whatsoever.

If you're just waiting for someone to take the bait to get to your point, don't bother. I'm still not interested.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
They probably don't want to reply because you're a race baiting troll that's making no point whatsoever.

If you're just waiting for someone to take the bait to get to your point, don't bother. I'm still not interested.

Rant, I knew if I waited long enough we could agree on something, now if we could put this thread in the trash bin, and go have a beer.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Rant, I knew if I waited long enough we could agree on something, now if we could put this thread in the trash bin, and go have a beer.

Way to see the silver lining.

I'm there.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
On second thought.

[Edited on 10-7-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well well, i might add this topic is dead then eh? You could have taken an economic standpoint such as "they do it because they are poorer, and need money" It is a possiblilty that needs to be explored.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Well well, i might add this topic is dead then eh? You could have taken an economic standpoint such as "they do it because they are poorer, and need money" It is a possiblilty that needs to be explored.

Yes, this topic is dead. As RANT pointed out, you are a race-baiting troll, and you have made no point. In case you didn't notice, this is the Political Debate Forum. If you want a debate, you must first make a point or argument.

I believe no one wants to reply because it is true and they have no defense?

We have no defense??? Just what are we to defend against? You throw out a statistic which reflects badly on blacks. Why? Could it be that you are trying to justify your racial hatred?

Between this post and your post glorifying police beatings, it is clear to me that you are a deeply disturbed individual. I would recommend you seek counseling.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I blame rap music and R&B

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
*breaks into song*
"Send in the trolls, those happy,happy trolls"

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
(sorry for caps)

YOU ARE A FOOL. NUMBERS AND "FACT" CAN BE SKEWED TO EITHER (CONTINUE TO) CHANGE THE PUBILC OPINION, OR BECASUE THE PUBLIC OPINION AFFECTS THE DATA GATHERING. DO NOT TAKE STATISTICS AS FACT, AS THAY TOO ARE AFFECTED BY BIAS. IM SORRY TO SAY I DO NOT HAVE EXCEL, BUT WHAT WAS THE SIZE OF THE GROUP OF PEOPLE? WHERE WERE THESE STATS TAKEN? SOUTHSIDE LA AND OTHER COMMUNITIES WHERE BLACKS ARE THE MAJORITY? I REALLY HOPE YOU ARENT SOME BIASED, RACIST IDIOT OUT TO MAKE OTHERS LOOK BAD. YOU KNOW, IF THATS TRUE, THAT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR OWN CHARACTER.

THINK ABOUT THAT YOU IGNORANT, PETTY MINDED CHILD.

[edit on 7/23/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
They are for the whole United States. They are from FBI data. They are a lower population, and commit more. There are of course 4,604 Unknown cases.

Murder Offenders
by Age, Sex, and Race, 2002 Sex Race
Age Total Male Female Unknown White Black Other Unknown
Total 15,813 10,285 1,108 4,420 5,356 5,579 274 4,604
Percent distribution1 100.0 65.0 7.0 28.0 33.9 35.3 1.7 29.1

Under 182 848 770 77 1 389 424 26 9
Under 222 3,402 3,128 269 5 1,499 1,770 94 39
18 and over2 9,525 8,511 996 18 4,714 4,464 241 106

[edit on 23-7-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Then please, start the exploration. This topic only died because you really didn't provide anything to discuss. (only whether or not you're trolling) You supplied the data, initiated the post, now say something meaningful. Start a discussion.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I believe some of the prejudice that exists today is brought on to African American's by themselves. They are thier own worst enemy. By doing these crimes as I have stated above, they not only undermine themselves, but capatilize on it(In some of the bad rap videos). If they want to be perceived in a different light these things must stop, the few bad make them all look bad. Will Smith is an excellent role model to follow for young african americans. When he does his music he does not talk about all his "hoes", his "dough" etc. These murders, I dont know why it is more rampant in their community. Is it more accepatble to them through their exposure to such music, parenting or some other factor. When it boils down to it each individual is responsibile for his/her actions and frankly the excessive violence among african amreicans is not doing them any good.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
While I don't have the demographics in front of me (maybe due to the fact that I am not looking for reasons to justify hate, as you seem to be doing)I would say you should do a little more than scratch the surface. Think before you troll. Mabey a better way to look at the problem of the numbers of black Americans who commit murder is to ask why? Now, of course, you may say it is because they are a lesser race of people. If that was your point then you trully are just a racist troll. I would say it has more to do with the war on drugs that has been waged in the (largely black) poor urban areas of our nation.

Tommy-gun gangsters lost interest in drive-by shootings after the war-on-beer was called off. Mabey "9 mm heater" gangsters will loose interest when the war-on-drugs is called off.

If there is one thing I hate more than knee-jerk reactions to social issues it is racist dogs who try to present their arguments in an intellectual way.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You both are correct in some respect, although I'd be more inclined to reserve judgement on the "racist" comments until you at least are a little more into the discussion.

Is the Black community it's own enemy? Yes.
Is the Black community in it's position because of slavery? Yes.

Problem is, is that we are in a bit of a mix right now. To say that the effects of a people sold by their own people to us, ripped families apart, murdered, sold, and abused to the upmost degree should be fine by now is a little much.

On the surface, many would look around and say that black people sure have come up in the world, which is true (in America at least) and that slavery was a long time ago and should be forgotten.

What is not a long time ago is the lynchings, the beatings, the burning crosses all the way up until the 1980's. If the effects of slavery could be felt just 25 years ago I severly doubt they are all gone.

It seems that we aided in the creation of a culture that idolizes the opposite of what successful people rule their lives by. It is now a battle of culture that the whole US is fighting.

Should we bow to the culture then we shall fall, if we fight it, then we could win.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well, African Americans live in communities that are under constant survillance. Dead bodies aren't buried in back yards for years without folk findin them...shoot---okay Jesus must be on a smoke break.

Drugs and murder go hand and foot and black folk are usually your friendly neighborhood drug dealers. Its easy money for any poor man--its not because they are black and simply more violent. Many folk from all walks of life make that same decision. You can't equate race with a dumb decision.

Did you know that 84% of the people serving time for meth are white. So why come there isn't a thread about white folk being speed freaks and thus worthy of any scorn put upon them by the Nation of Islam. We can generalize all day long about what white folk do and what black folk do but at the end of the day its about what you do and don't do, in other words, worry about yourself. Your point of view on black people is insignificant cause to tell you the truth not one black person could give a f.....where are you when I need you Jesus. Anyways take yo opinon and stick it in your pocket...sorry mods.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Many folk from all walks of life make that same decision. You can't equate race with a dumb decision.

Anyways take yo opinon and stick it in your pocket...sorry mods.

First, I don't care what you think of my opinion.

Second, when speaking in generalities a broad brush must be used. I am certainly willing to go into further detail if you wish to.

Otherwise I'd rather you stopped interupting a discussion.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
KJ: I wasn't talking to you my b for the misunderstanding was in a rush and didn't use quotes--my post was directed toward Tachyon...but oh well. Sorry I got ya dander up.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
While I don't have the demographics in front of me (maybe due to the fact that I am not looking for reasons to justify hate, as you seem to be doing)I would say you should do a little more than scratch the surface. Think before you troll. Mabey a better way to look at the problem of the numbers of black Americans who commit murder is to ask why? Now, of course, you may say it is because they are a lesser race of people. If that was your point then you trully are just a racist troll. I would say it has more to do with the war on drugs that has been waged in the (largely black) poor urban areas of our nation.

Tommy-gun gangsters lost interest in drive-by shootings after the war-on-beer was called off. Mabey "9 mm heater" gangsters will loose interest when the war-on-drugs is called off.

If there is one thing I hate more than knee-jerk reactions to social issues it is racist dogs who try to present their arguments in an intellectual way.

Im not justifying anything. Then what is your "intellectual" opinion? Where did I say "they are a lesser race" If I scroll up that phrase does not show up in my comments, no Sir it does not. Maybe you should come up with an intellectual response before trying to convey your false ideas.

[edit on 28-7-2004 by TACHYON]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join