It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel poisoned Arafat with thallium'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

'Israel poisoned Arafat with thallium'

www.presstv.ir

A new investigation into the death of late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat has revealed that he had been poisoned by a lethal dose of thallium in his food or drinking water.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org
www.medicinenet.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Former special advisor to Arafat, Bassam Abu Shareef, said the investigation conducted by British forensic experts had revealed that the late Palestinian leader was poisoned by thallium, IRNA reported on Tuesday.

Thallium is highly toxic. Cases of poisoning by the substance more commonly occur after oral ingestion.

Abu Shareef said he will soon present more information to an investigation committee probing into Arafat's assassination.

He has, however, refused to reveal the name of the investigative team, which conducted the research.

Arafat's advisor accused Israel of poisoning his leader through the food or drinking water that he received when he was under siege in his headquarters in Ramallah.

Arafat died of a mysterious disease in a French hospital on November 11, 2004.

Of course they tapped him, just like the scientist in Iran a few weeks ago.
Anyone who harms Israel or is an imminent threat is taken out. The Israelis have demonstrated over the years that their actions are focused, their commitment is unwavering....something similar to al Qaeda, Taliban or whatever label they have. The beat goes on.

www.presstv.ir
www.digitaljournal.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Pure conjecture.

If poisoned, it's just as reasonable to assume someone in his inner circle did it as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

This is also from Iranian State media outlet PressTV.

Not exactly an objective news organization with no dogs in the fight.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I bet this too. Insider job.
edit on 11-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

If I remember correctly wasn't there a power struggle even when Arafat was still alive, but very sick?

This would not be the first time in history a head of state was killed by someone within his inner circle.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Arafat didn't lead the palestinian cause, he just banked the $billions aid recieved by International community as his Swiss accounts show after his death.Unfortunately someone cut his time short before he enjoyed those billions with his multiple wives.

Arafat was no threat to israel.Personally as someone mentioned above already, that his inner circle might have K0'd him for being such a corrupt selfish individual.

What i am wondering is how much of those Billions found in Arafat's Swiss account was given by Israel.
edit on 11-1-2011 by forklift because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Arafat was a notorious thief and rapist of little boys.
He was a fraud .... no friend to anyone .. not the Palestinians and not even to his own family.
Considering his piss-poor lifestyle, (eating and sex habits), he probably died from AIDS.
The symptoms he exhibited at the time fit with complications from AIDS.
That's the probable conspiracy here - that 'they' covered up his AIDS death.
(NOT that Israel poisoned him)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He was a fraud .... no friend to anyone .. not the Palestinians and not even to his own family.
Considering his piss-poor lifestyle, (eating and sex habits), he probably died from AIDS.

I doubt he would have died from AID's because with all the money he had,one would have expected him to sleep with high class clean call girls i.e super models.No doubt he loved his women Hugh Hefner style.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Pure conjecture.

If poisoned, it's just as reasonable to assume someone in his inner circle did it as well.

Yea, but Ariel Sharon had a hard-on for Arafat. He wanted the man dead for a very long time. The most plausible conclusion is an Israeli inside job.

Sharon purposely sabotaged Oslo by visiting the Temple Mt/Al-Aqsa Mosque and sparking a Palestinian uprising. He knew all to well what he was getting himself into. Peace talks became obsolete under the roars of civil disobedience. And what happens next? Ariel Sharon becomes the PM, succeeding Ehud Barak, and for the next 3 years, rather then continue negotiations with Arafat, he kept him in the cross-hairs for assassination.
edit on 11-1-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunatic Pandora

Just like the US MSM!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
Yea, but Ariel Sharon had a hard-on for Arafat. He wanted the man dead for a very long time. The most plausible conclusion is an Israeli inside job.

Well, I found this article from April 2004 that seems to back that up.

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat brushed off new Israeli threats today, telling supporters Israel could never get rid of him.

Arafat spoke after Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said he was no longer bound by an earlier promise to Washington not to harm the Palestinian leader.

In the Channel Two television interview, Sharon said he told Bush in a White House meeting last week that he is no longer bound by a promise, made three years ago, not to harm Arafat.

"My obligation no longer exists," Sharon said. "I am freed of this obligation. I freed myself from this obligation regarding Arafat."

In recent months, Israel has repeatedly threatened Arafat, but has taken no action. In September, Israel's Cabinet decided Arafat should be "removed" - an intentionally vague statement that could mean he would be expelled or killed.

Defiant Arafat brushes off Israeli threats

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Maybe he was poisoned after Mossad set him up with AIDS?

Various Israeli security sources have in the past suggested publicly Arafat might be homosexual. They've claimed Arafat's former personal driver – a Mossad double agent – used to find teenage boys to bring back to the PLO leader.

Dr. Ashraf al-Kurdi, Arafat's personal physician, reportedly told the Israeli authors he knows Arafat's French doctors found the AIDS virus in the blood.

How hard would it be to find him a boy with AIDS? Then poison him once his immune system has had it?

Article

edit on 11/1/11 by NuclearPaul because: add link to article

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Wow, I can't believe how bloody ignorant some people are on here. It seems like whenever Arafat's name is mentioned, a couple specific posters jump in to denounce him as a "rapist of little boys", which is completely biased slander. How can people believe such garbage?

And let's talk about rape. Arafat never raped anyone. Former Israeli PRESIDENT Moshe Katsav was found guilty of rape though.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Wow, I can't believe how bloody ignorant some people are on here. It seems like whenever Arafat's name is mentioned, a couple specific posters jump in to denounce him as a "rapist of little boys", which is completely biased slander. How can people believe such garbage?

Wow, I can't believe how bloody ignorant some people are on here. It seems like whenever the FACT that Arafat is a rapist of little boys comes up, a couple of specific posters claim the FACT is biased and slander. How can people not believe the truth yet believe their own biased 'garbage'.
Backatchya.

- Read 'Red Horizons'. Romanian intelligence chief Ion Pacepa described Arafat’s sexual expoits with bodyguards. Also exposed - Arafat would have body guards bring him young boys to rape.

- A famous quote from Romanian general Constantin Munteaunu about Arafat, “I’ve never before seen so much cleverness, blood and filth all together in one man.”

Arafats Time Line for Terror

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Wow, I can't believe how bloody ignorant some people are on here. It seems like whenever the FACT that Arafat is a rapist of little boys comes up, a couple of specific posters claim the FACT is biased and slander. How can people not believe the truth yet believe their own biased 'garbage'.
Backatchya.

- Read 'Red Horizons'. Romanian intelligence chief Ion Pacepa described Arafat’s sexual expoits with bodyguards. Also exposed - Arafat would have body guards bring him young boys to rape.

- A famous quote from Romanian general Constantin Munteaunu about Arafat, “I’ve never before seen so much cleverness, blood and filth all together in one man.”

Arafats Time Line for Terror

Gee, an intel chief said this? Especially such a world renowned intel agency such as Romania's?

It is the job of intelligence officials to manipulate public opinion.

Oh, and by the way, just what does any of this slander have to do with the news report about thallium poisoning? Absolute disinformation.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Just like the US MSM!

He he! Yeah that's correct. How can people sham the independant news sources yet praise our own lying, controlled and scheming Mainstream Media!!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

Originally posted by wcitizen

Just like the US MSM!

He he! Yeah that's correct. How can people sham the independant news sources yet praise our own lying, controlled and scheming Mainstream Media!!

Exactly, it's as though a part of the cognitive process shuts down!

top topics

join