It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck Say's 911 Truthers Are Dangerous and Compares them to Loughner

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
Within two seconds I found this...

www.examiner.com...

So, it looks like Glenn Beck was merely reporting what is in the media

This was in the AP, my fault, BUT the only source is an "unamed" friend. Here's the quote

'one friend said.

Mistrust of government was Loughner's defining conviction, the friends said. He believed the U.S. government was behind 9/11, and worried that governments were maneuvering to create a unified monetary system ("a New World Order currency" one friend said) so that social elites and bureaucrats could control the rest of the world."

www.google.com...

It's kind of odd he was on one the biggest discussion boards on the internet about 911, if not the biggest, and made no mention of this.

edit on 10-1-2011 by curious_soul because: 911 edit

edit on Mon Jan 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: add source and tags

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by curious_soul

Curious another poster already showed probably where Glenn Beck got his information. I don't like the guy, but it seems your claim of being a 'liar' in the context of this conversation needs to redacted.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Who says he didn't? Wouldnt be the first poster on ATS to have multiple names.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Beck is beginning to irritate me with these truther comments.

hes rehashed material written and composed by "truthers" more times on his show than i can count. are those researchers kooks or not beck? make up your damn mind.

thats like saying a restaurant has filthy horrid unsafe food, and then eating there every night.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious_soul
It's kind of odd he was on one the biggest discussion boards on the internet about 911, if not the biggest, and made no mention of this.

There is no way you can prove this. The poster that has come to be believed as him (still speculation based only on style and similarities I believe) only delved shallowly within the reaches of ATS. This isn't to say he had another account? Maybe Erad3 is not Jared.

Maybe he didn't want to discuss those topics here. You just can't know and you are discounting what is being reported because it has shot a major hole in the purpose of your post: To call out Glen Beck as a liar; when proof otherwise has been presented.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
they were blaming david Icke earlier, i wonder if he frequented the icke forums as well.

if so, i wonder what kind of material he posted.

perhaps thats where all the 911 commentary is?

link   

Makin us all
Ook like nut jobs

link   
I do not agree with most 911 Truthers.

But I can't stand a fraud like GB trashing them for profit.

Most "Truthers" I know are good, honest people who simply disagree with the official story, and infact have provided a much needed set of counter arguments for the events of one of the most horrific days in US history. They are keeping us and the government honest with their opposing views.

Debate is an American trait, not exclusive to us, but fundamental to us.

They aren't out to increase ratings and further their own careers.

In most cases, I dare say their opinions could make their lives more difficult in fact by being labeled "fringe".

To equate them with a lone nutcase in AZ is totally obscene to me, and nothing but privateering on GB's part.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

You may be right, but this was irresponsible of GB to say what he said in the way he said it. He was real quick to ask for extra time due to a possible internet response also, after he said these things.

I hope i can find this video so people can see this garbage. The show just ended 20 mins ago and people can watch it later if it isn't edited by then.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Although I can't count myself among the 9/11 truthers, I can say that Beck ought not make such accusations. Hell, he's just a bender away from going all Loughner on someone.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
ah man, Beck just had to go there
didn't he?

well I've got news for Beck.

I am a 9/11 truther and I am
NOTHING like Loughner and
I'm not dangerous .....

unless ur a Philly Cheese Steak Sub

then I'm really dangerous
hahahahaha

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I happened to see this. It was the first time I ever watched Glenn Beck outside of "viral videos". I was waiting for some premium channels to come in, that I had just ordered. I knew he would be talking about the shooting, and trying to act like a professor with Loughner, and sure enough...

However, it was more of a mind-game. He said, he believes Truthers, NASA deniers, etc. are dangerous, but he went on to say that "he doesn't think they're as dangerous as Loughner", or something to that effect. I'm sure there is a term for the psych-games played here. Then he called him, "just a nutjob", with no other affiliations, and a part of no groups.

So I changed the channel.

It did catch me off-guard, when he implied conspiracy theorists are dangerous, almost on-par with this Loughner fellow. That was Orwellian-factor creepy.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Reply to post by boondock-saint

Which is why he said very plainly and clearly that being a truther does not make you a Loughner.

Amazing how a half truth or select omission can become absolute truth so quickly. Even with the OP's admission of being wrong in his own thread.

These threads are like a crazy game of telephone.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

unless ur a Philly Cheese Steak Sub then I'm really dangerous hahahahaha

I think thats about as dangerous as anyone would get in all honesty.

i don't think people really need to get concerned about lone gun men all over, but those philly subs better look * snip * out!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Everything out Glen Beck's mouth is a lie. He is a profesional right-wing liar.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Not so different from some of the accusations made on ATS against those of us who dont believe in the 9/11 "truth" movement. He just has a larger audience.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Why bother? Does it really matter anyway?

edit on 1/10/2011 by SpaDe_ because: not worth it!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Can you submit proof? Like I said, I'm on the fence with GB.. Care to submit evidence to substantiate your claim? Or are you stating opinion?

Everything out Glen Beck's mouth is a lie. He is a profesional right-wing liar.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

At around 1:00 is what the OP is talking about. It still remains though. Glenn Beck is using information that has been reported by other news agencies. So he has not lied.

And as you continue to listen he clearly states that he doesn't blame the 'truthers'. He just believes them to be dangerous. Nothing wrong with that. He is entitled to his opinion.
edit on 10-1-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is a joke.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join