It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans 'delight at alien visitors'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

I absolutely agree.. As with any family that is involved in fighting each other, that goes out the window when a 3rd party decides to chime in, at which point the clampets circle the wagon and go after the 3rd party.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Depends where they landed what the reaction would be...
Note to u.s readers : please dont shoot the aliens .
Note to any aliens out there : please dont land in the u.s - theyre heavily armed , trigger happy and possibly drunk..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
how can we be 'sure' of the intentions of anyone??

I think IF we could actually DO that........we would have placed wonderful caring leaders in the positions of power all over our planet......but we can't.
So HOW praytell would we be able to discern the intentions of an alien race?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Depends where they landed what the reaction would be...
Note to u.s readers : please dont shoot the aliens .
Note to any aliens out there : please dont land in the u.s - theyre heavily armed , trigger happy and possibly drunk..

we're all three after 5 o'clock
YEEE HAAWWWW because you know all us Americans are just some ign'ert-@ss hillbillies.....
now where'd I put my cheeseburger, Marlboro, Budweiser, Glock and t.v. remote.....?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Contact the UN...hold a Meeting with all Nations live on TV all over the Globe...Bring Mothership above the UN Building...Beam to the Podium...say: "Yo Humans,long Time no see
"

Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My attitude to this is quite simple. This species we call humanity has survived on its wits by going from one unknown to another. We didnt know what fire was, or what it was for, but at somepoint we figured out how to make it happen with the most rudimentary tools imaginable. From then on our food was cooked, our diets healthier. We became stronger and easier to feed, and spread like flu across the entire globe, adapting in each place to the weather and terrain, perfectly.
We then began to develop our psychologies, and our speech, and our ability to record for the benifit of future generations, the lessons we had learned along the way, and how we came to learn them. We tamed horses, farmed cattle, beasts many many times our weight and size, and came to marshall the forces of nature, against the enemies of hunger and strife, and again our strength and intelligence had the chance to increase. We built the wheel, we developed rudimentary surgery, medical capability , we stumbled through dark times, and developed science from the scattered bones of the alchemy that had come before it, and made true mastery out of its fiction.
We have now today , a world where anyone can contact anyone else , at the flick of a digital switch. A world beset on all sides by satellites, and space dwelling telescopes, capable of capturing images of light that has taken uncounted millions of years to reach us, and rendering them into crystal clear representations of other galaxies, other stars, other solar systems.
We are the culmination of generation after myriad generation of people who knew the only thing about the unknown that you need to know to embrace it and grow, is that it would be cool to find out what the unknown is, and why it is, and everything about it.
For good or ill, we cannot deny our nature and ignore the chance of contact. We humans desire the unknown in the deepest of our subconcious minds, because we know that of all the things which we have expirienced, it is those things which we did not know of, which lead us to our greatest achievements, and our finest glories.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by spacedonk
reply to post by Xcathdra

One thing I feel in terms of your family allegory for the human race is that if an alien species did make itself known to us that the human race would finally have a galvanising reason to all join the same 'team'. There would overnight be us and them.

Whatever else aliens might or might not do, it would bring every nation and race under the same umbrella for the first time in the history of mankind. World peace even. It wouldn't last forever or probably even long, but I am sure there would be an astonishing effect of 'brotherhood'.

This raises a red flag for me.
The astonishing effect of "brotherhood" could easily be used for nefarious gain.

the only thing you have to fear is fear itself
(some smart guy)
we are controlled by our emotions
we are controlled by our leaders
we fear control by extra terestrials

but the truth is humans have done such a bad job controlling themselfs
it is required that intervention on the survival of the planet is carried out

thing is will we be veiwed as sybiotic with the planet or paracidic?
this is where the fear comes from
most people know we are destructive and fear the consiquences of contact
because they know they have been greedy and parasidic

so if everybody beleived in extra terestrials they may alter their selfish world veiw

my hopes are that we are able to become aware before contact
"only at the edge of destruction de we realize what we have destroyed"

humans silence their inner voice that would show them the way to live in harmoney
for money and power
that is why we kill the earth
for something that means nothing when we are on the edge
as we are today

xploder

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by wcitizen
For some, it will be just another group to hate. Outside of that, some people will undoubtedly find it frightening, others will be excited and delighted, others a bit wary - the usual variety of human responses. Much will depend on how they are, what they look like, what they communicate, etc. As ever, it is also a two-way thing.

Ditto.
I'm not a hater, a fundi, or whatever other stereotypical slur has been mentioned thus far for someone who would be wary of and inherently frightened by humanity's first impression and revelation of an alien species.
I think the larger percentage of the human population's first impression will most likely, and naturally I might add, be some degree of apprehension and fear.

Now, would I blow it to smithereens?
No.
But I would take my children and crawl into the nearest closet and put our tinfoil hats on untl I became certain that we were not in danger.
I certainly wouldn't be answering my door, much less inviting one in for some fresh buttered cornbread and a big glass of sweet ice tea. That's for d@mn sure.

Yes, me too, caution will be my approach. I'll meet them for a coffee, with a few friends, in a public place!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
double post deleted
edit on 10-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
how can we be 'sure' of the intentions of anyone??

I think IF we could actually DO that........we would have placed wonderful caring leaders in the positions of power all over our planet......but we can't.
So HOW praytell would we be able to discern the intentions of an alien race?

If we had genuine elections, a genuine choice, and at least some candidates of integrity to choose from, I am sure that would have happened. But the game is rigged.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

You might find...:

This Post

...to be of interest.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So long as Glenn Beck and Keith Olbermann keep it together, all will be fine. Not because those two matter (they don't)...its just that people tend to think and do what the talking box tells them to.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
howdy Furry.

did you folks overlook Childhood's end Clark is no dummy and has been right more than most

conversely, they could be "8 feet tall, (insert ethnicity) and pissed"

think of it this way, to north Americans, how do Canadians think?

so what makes you think you know what an EBE thinks?
edit on 10-1-2011 by thedigirati because: My spell check spouse (girl to the left) made me

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What concerns me is the Aliens seem only interested in the Govts of Russia and the US of whom evil walks among them and yet they really have no control over the masses.

I wonder if aliens are interested in what the masses have to say in regards to their environment and what our Govts and their ilk are doing to us. We as the people have the greater say and aliens should work with us in the decision making and how we can shape our world and make it a better place....which our Govts don't have in our best interests.

CX

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The Sun newspaper is probably right on this occasion, what is sad is that most of the general public are probably thinking that the increase in technology means they'll get an extra couple of inches added to their TV's.

Thats why nobody will panic.

CX.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Indeed there is a plethora of media blitz pumping ufo-et-sightings, the sensory overload of all the current batch of alien movies, in what appears to be a conditioning and "softening" of the population's viewpoint towards all things " extra-terrestrial."

Starting way back in the 1950's it would seem to be a deliberate yet discreet program to familiarise the general public with the idea of we are not alone, with movies such as the original " Day the Earth stood still" and t v programs such as Star Trek and everything else that has been tossed at us.

As for me, I would have to cautiously watch and lurk for awhile until the intial clamor settled and see if our new friends had any suprises...

seeker

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
We need a game changer, if it be alien presence or whatever, then BRING IT ON!
The world is dooming itself to destruction of the most insideous and creeping kinds....pollution,degradation of habitat.
We are in the midst of the LARGEST DIE OFF THE WORLD HAS SEEN!
If there is anything that will alter the course of our human destiny from the cliff we are madly racing to plunge over, than we need it NOW!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I agree. I think some people will be afraid. Some will be happy and the deep of Earth will look like so what are they gonna help or not. So overall I think humanity is ready for global contact.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Is anyone watching V right now? What if the delight of the aliens turns to horror because we did not take caution to make sure the intentions of the aliens? I would be delighted only after establishing trust I was not going to be food or something for these noobs.

This will be at the forfront regardless of stated intentions of peace. I agree it would galavanize the population of the planet. I also agree that the potential is there for less than peaceful intentions, both from any ET contact as well as from our side of the coin.

Maybe thats the test we've been given to find out if we are ready...

Humanities ability to set aside the fear of the unknown and embrace it.

That mentality would be required if we are to step off this planet to wander into the unknown that is the Universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join