It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Everyone hates the English, just look at the Eurovision Song contest ( nil pwoin) and the recent FIFA World Cup decision (again just 1 vote). There's probably a bit of jealousy involved coz its not like we didn't event football and have worse pop musicians than the rest of Europe.

Britain has had some of the best and most revered rock and pop artists in the world. Unfortunately, we send talentless nobodies to represent us in the Eurovision.

The low points for the British entries is because they are usually crap, rather than because of a sinister, underground group of ''English-hating'' judges.

Similarly, the English bid for the 2018 World Cup, on paper, was good, but the amateurish presentation destroyed any chance of England being awarded the World Cup.

Despite what the Mail and Express may have said, Russia were deserving winners, as their bid was novel and exciting.

Sadly, the main reason that England lost out, was because they were going to be a replica of the 2006 World Cup in Germany, only 12 years later !

Germany: rich footballing heritage, great stadiums, multicultural country, great country to enjoy the World Cup in, fantastic infrastructure and transport, huge boost to the economy.

Now look at the above, and tell me one reason why England would boast anything more than Germany, who only hosted the competition 4 years ago, and what would be 12 years ago in 2018.

edit on 10-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

Did you REALLY have to open THAT wound dude?

FIFA makes idi armin look uncoruptable!

@Woodwardjnr, love the Avatar
Mr Benn!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
can't speak for most americans...only me.

No I don't dislike the British. Only Piers Morgan.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I'm an American - from the south. I love the Brits - I am 1/4 myself.

I jus think ya'll talk funne

It depends on what particular British accent you are referring to !

I'm sure that if you heard a Northern Irishman or a Cornwellian speaking, then it mightn't sound so funny to you.

On the other hand, if you heard a scouser, Glaswegian, geordie or brummie talking, then they may sound ''funny'' to your ears, because they are distinct accents within Britain.

How can you say that we ''talk funny'', when you've heard how some of your own compatriots speak ?!

Do you know how ''funny'' the bizarre accents of Bostonians, and people from New England may sound to us ?

Seriously, they make Canadians sound normal !

J-O-K-E.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

Everybody dislikes Piers Morgan. It's just proof that your mind is working normally.

In fact, many psychiatric hospitals over here now screen patients by asking them to rate him as a human being.

True story.
edit on 10/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

I'm sorry. I didn't realise that the Eurovision defeats affected you so deeply.

I liked Gina G's song in 1996, if that helps to console you in your hour of need...

Oh, you're on about the World Cup, not the Eurovision !

Yes, FIFA are corrupt, but England, while having a decent bid, were outclassed by Russia, and there's no disgrace in that !

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
actually I have known about 10 Brits
personally. I even dated a Brit female
for a couple months.

Man was she kinky !!!
She was into B&D, S&M and such
and she liked pain.

Never met a woman that actually
WANTED you to slap her during sex.
Please tell me ALL female Brits aren't
like this ??? I hope not !!!

She liked being choked as well
almost to the point of passing out.

The end of our relationship came
when she thought it was ok to
inflict pain back on me. YIKES !!!
no thanks.

she was a wild one

so yea I guess I like Brits
as long as they're not
beating on me

hahahaha

I think I have her pic round here
somewhere ..... hmmmmm

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The Brits are great.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another

Piers Morgan.

SO sorry about that.
He is just a massive jerk with a massive ego.
please do not judge us all to be like that toss pot.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'm sorry. I didn't realise that the Eurovision defeats affected you so deeply.

I liked Gina G's song in 1996, if that helps to console you in your hour of need...

Oh, you're on about the World Cup, not the Eurovision !

Yes, FIFA are corrupt, but England, while having a decent bid, were outclassed by Russia, and there's no disgrace in that !

Gina G was HOT...

Are you a FIFA official by any chance? Or Scottish?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

BOONDOCK SAINT!!

Where are those pics at then?

edit on 10-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: stupid spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Man was she kinky !!!
She was into B&D, S&M and such
and she liked pain.

Never met a woman that actually
WANTED you to slap her during sex.
Please tell me ALL female Brits aren't
like this ??? I hope not !!!

LOL.

I can guarantee you that the British woman that you are talking about is certainly not representative of British women, as a whole.

So she might have been into some kinky, sado-masochistic stuff ? I doubt that her nationality had any relevance in her inclination to indulge to her ''kinky'' stuff with you.

Don't you get weird girls in the USA ?

From my personal experience, I can tell you that English women are amongst the most beautiful in the world, and if you met a wrong 'un, then I think that her nationality should bear little relevance to your overall appraisal of English women...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura

Originally posted by howmuch4another

Piers Morgan.

SO sorry about that.
[He is just a massive jerk with a massive ego.
please do not judge us all to be like that toss pot.]

Yeah, we don't have anybody like that over here
. Love the British!
Would love to visit Britan when I can afford a vacation again.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Gina G was HOT...

Damn right !

As a horny teenager at the time, I used to ''enjoy'' - shall we say - her videos !

Nah !

Just trying to offer a more rational approach to the World Cup 2018 awarding process !

I'm part Scottish, by the way...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
You will probably find that the Irish win when it comes to disliking the English

Not so much these days though :-)

I have a few English friends.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Im attempting to be as frank and plain as I can be.. dont flame on me. Im tender and bruise easily.

Not I.. or anyone I associate with. ALso, the husband and I had spent a significant amount of time in London and never a problem FROM the Londoners either. That was several years ago, but I cant imagine all of a sudden everyone hates everyone. We're all in the same boat regardless of how wide the water is between us. A few weeks ago it was a few Canadians bashing the US.. I doubt that would give anyone the idea what ALL Canadians hate us in the US.
If you look.. regardless of where you are from.. we all have a LOT more in common than we do different. There isnt ONE govt in the world thats not screwing up right now either
One day we all will realize that we are NOT our governments.. and then we can connect on a person to person basis and not a political or nationalistic one.

Now here is something I ALWAYS find hilarious... Im American as you can get.. my first sentence was probably "dont tread on me".... however, Im only a generation or generation and a half off of the Rez. Im Blackfeet. Now, when people bring up some BS about " the whites stole everything from the native americans and blah blah blah.. " to justify some asinine opinion they have.. I dearly love getting in there and posting my views on this. Its absurd BS... people post who have no idea what we think ( and especially the ones who are pretending to be indigenous)...
SOmetimes it really aggravates me to no end, but I guess the media sure did a number on all of us concerning the Native American mindset even from the old dont litter commercials with that stupid crying indian and F-Troop!

For the record and in my humble opinion.. nope, US Americans I know do NOT hate brits. Indians.. hehe.. dont hate whites or Brits. American indians I personally have had contact with throughout my life definitely have a problem with black Americans and their culture though.. and mainly its over the entitlement to reparations. Not so much with color. Ive definitely been around those young ones on and off the rez in particular that try to hate on whites and everyone else but indigenous folk.. but its a real minority and born out of stupid youthful brain functions or when the girl he likes prefers the white boy
They will use all kinds of bad British invader BS when spouting.. but we all know that is didnt exactly happen that way. WHen you clue them in on our own tribes history with the revolutionary war and much more.. they shut up. Im speaking of my tribe only of course.. I have no idea what the rest think.. ask em.

When you speak of America.. the US.. everyone from every other country has to realize that we are made up of SO many peoples and cultures. I have seen this nowhere in any other country I have been to but perhaps India. Even thats not an adequate comparison really. You cant lay a blanket statement down about Americans and what we like, dont like, are like, or what a "typical" American is. Take each person individually because there is NO way that anyone can say that Americans dont like the British.. seems kind of funny to even consider it! The UK is ancient.. we are a baby compared. A new country set up to be unlike any other.. and that means our "culture" is so vastly different from the old countries that we have misunderstandings... or people spin outright lies.

I agree.. thick skin and get some perspective. If anyone wants to talk about who is the most hated here and who is the most misunderstood I can always bring up the scary, big nose, illumanti lovin,' world dominatin', money hoardin',eeeeevil, JEEeeeeeEEEeeeWWWWwwwSSSsss again..
Those conversations never fail to make me laugh.... sometimes hysterically when the youtubes are posted..

Note to Brits here.. if you want to freak an American out.. offer them Bangers and Mash for breakfast without a smile on your face. We went to a pub and I was served this the first few hours after setting foot in London. I swear to you the cook put the most inappropriate looking sausage atop the mashed potatoes..that or I have a dirty mind.. and it was quite horrifying for breakfast after that flight!

The one time we were there for several weeks we decided to stay at the hotel rather than rent a flat. That time we stayed at the Tower Thistle. PERFECT postcard view out of the window of the bridge. The Hotel was raving to us about the view and this particular room. Well, they were doing construction on the hotel and it was killing us trying to sleep in with the jet lag. We asked to be moved to a more quiet part of the hotel. Shoulda seen the look on the faces of the poor hotel folks when we horrible Americans preferred sleep to the view of the bridge! I swear I think their feelings were hurt!
WIthout question, the people of London were perfectly lovely people and treated us wonderfully .. even when they found out we were Americans!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

reply to post by boondock-saint

BOONDOCK SAINT!!

Where are those pics at then?

well I do have a couple, but I don't
think ATS staff would take kindly
to it

She has not given me her permission
to post them here even though I took
the pics, they are mine but if ATS says
it's ok, then I'll post a decent pic

staff .... what say you ?????

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
You will probably find that the Irish win when it comes to disliking the English

Not so much these days though :-)

I have a few English friends.

Its mutual btw

Except on paddies day when we can all be irish and celebrate the English patron saint of ireland

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
But try being an English/(ex)Israeli dual national jew who loves Jesus THEN complain

You poor man.. I cant imagine.
I can only sympathize a very little due to the fact that I spent several hours of my life trying to explain to someone that Israeli does not always equal jew and jew does not always equal zionist and Judaism is a religion but " Israeli" isnt.... Israelis can be jews, christians, zionists, muslims, then got into Hebrews and Israelis.. etc and blah blah blah..
If I even tried to throw dual citizenship and English into it.. my head may have exploded.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Gina G was HOT...

Damn right !

As a horny teenager at the time, I used to ''enjoy'' - shall we say - her videos !

Nah !

Just trying to offer a more rational approach to the World Cup 2018 awarding process !

I'm part Scottish, by the way...

I think we shared the same childhood

But I KNEW there was a bit of a wiff of sweaty sock.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

"You poor man.. I cant imagine.
I can only sympathize a very little due to the fact that I spent several hours of my life trying to explain to someone that Israeli does not always equal jew and jew does not always equal zionist and Judaism is a religion but " Israeli" isnt.... Israelis can be jews, christians, zionists, muslims, then got into Hebrews and Israelis.. etc and blah blah blah..
If I even tried to throw dual citizenship and English into it.. my head may have exploded."

Look at my avatar.

I had a full head of beautiful hair before i signed up for ATS

edit on 10-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join