It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have noticed in my short time here on ats allot of hate from americans directed at the british.
Do most americans see the british as a weak spineless nation that can't do anything without american backing, be the backing financial or help to win wars.

I am a british person and i love america i have family there and would prefer to be a 51st state of america than a european state.
My feelings are changing after tacking a bashing from some american members of ats. One guy even blamed the british for his ancestors being brutalised in some war way back.

This is stupid because the modern day average british person doesn't share the same views our ancestors did, regardless of what our ancestors did it has nothing to do with us in this day and age.

I don't really like the british government and disagree with allot of their agendas but its like people think the british government makes decisions and that all the british people agree and that we are all tossers!!

When president bush was saying stupid things on the television i didnt think the whole of america is dumb as hell like him.

Does anybody see my point?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
don't see your point really... i don't think "the british" enter our daily conversation at all... and, writing from brooklyn, nyc, i am something of an anglophile. love you guys! ; )

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1

Do you have any examples of this? As far as I understand it, the Brits are our buddies.

Plus, most people I know think the British accent is hot. So much so, my bestie married a brit

link   

double post delete
edit on 10-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

link   
No, we hate ourselves much more than we hate anyone else. Even the Islamo-fascists out there are pretty much off the hook when it comes to American hatred.

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

We don't hate Britts...We hate the French!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Any country that has the wherewithal to give the world Newcastle Brown Ale is a-okay in my book. Don't let the kookier individuals here get to you.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

que?.............Ça c'est quoi ?
edit on 10-1-2011 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I love the brits. I have many british friends here in the US, and afar. Never heard of anyone I know in US hating on the Brits...

And their accent is sexy.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Hating an entire group of people, be it based on nationality, race, gender, etc., is a display of sheer ignorance. As such, it isn't worth your time to pay any attention to such drivel, and I don't believe it is representative of the majority of people in these forums.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Im british and I haven't noticed any brit hating from the americans. Im off to florida in March too so it better not start either!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think your find it is more about sensitivity..

I pick up the anti British bashing as that is a subject I am sensitive to.. I suspect Americans are equally sensitive to American bashing, as is everyone else.. and in all honesty we never know if the anti-bashing is really come from the group they claim to be.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I know what you mean. My wife is a brit, we met when I was stationed over in the UK. She gets allot of stick when I'm not with here, mainly from ignorant idiots who have never been out side of the state they were born, much less the nation, and seem to think that what is blasted out of Rush or Fox news is the word of God. Keep your head up man, Brits, even the most right wing brit is more akin to the Left wing in the States. My wife and I are trying to get out the middle of nowhere and to a city so at least we can run into more people who have a tolerance of foreigners. You would think the way some people talk to you brits that it was the day after the Boston massacre! Hope you don’t mind, but I friended you man.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This american does not hate the brits.
If you notice my avatar, you will see i have a fondness for the british culture and am planning a trip there this coming winter.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

I concur with th previous poster that said we don't really think about the British. I think in general, at least in the south there is a pro-British mindset. There are political groups in the US that have the completely opposite opinion - but they hate the United States even more than the United Kingdom. I think it will change though over time, the more I hear from my friends in the United Kingdom the more discouraged I am that the cultural divide is too wide.

link   
I don't believe there is any hatred of the Brits by most people
in the US. There are probably a few haters on both sides though.
They are our buds. They have our back and we have theirs.
I couldn't live without fish and chips or potato crisps.
I think those Brit gurls are hotter than a firecracker with a couple
of cherry bombs thrown in.
They are the only people who truly know how to speak and write
the English language. So there you have it Mate !
edit on 10-1-2011 by endtimer because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm an American and I actually love the British!

If someone attacked you because of a war that happened, who knows how long ago, that's just stupidity on their part and I wouldn't worry about such a person.

I had an ancestor beheaded there, back in the 1400-1500's. I definitely don't hold that against anyone!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The only people who have a problem with Britain on ATS are those who have been led to believe we have all been converted to islam.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My wife also likes to point out that your nation did at one point have a global empire, and your nation ushered in the moder world, the united states gave the world...NASCAR?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The British are fine, they just need to learn how to tip, lol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join