It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: I'll Vote Against Raising the Debt Limit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

While it's great to see that Ron Paul will vote against raising the debt limit, even he acknowledges that it will happen.

My question and the question of every other American should be: Why are we borrowing money from a private bank to finance the country?????

It is high time someone with the spirit of Andrew Jackson arises to rout out the den of vipers and eradicate them from our country.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The vast majority of Republicans ran on the platform of decrease our spending and debt. However, one of the first things they are doing is a vote to raise the debt limit and it is expected to pass. Huh.

Wait until they tack on a bill for personal security for each member of Congress and watch the numbers rise.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Republicans use a different smoke machine than Democrats but both use one to blow smoke up our backsides thinking we are incapable of seeing through the smoke.

They are realizing their error for underestimating We the People and will begin clamping down more than has been done already. The sleeping giant is stirring but hasn't fully awakened.

edit on 10-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

one thing about Ron Paul is he tells it like it is, straight foward. i think that is highly appealing in a country whose politicians beat around the bush and use politcal rhetoric to say one thing, and then when elected, do the exact opposite.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I couldn't agree with you more. I think it's easier to find quality footage of bigfoot than it is to find an honest politician.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
While it's great to see that Ron Paul will vote against raising the debt limit, even he acknowledges that it will happen.

Not necessarily so. If tptb want the us to 'defaulted' on purpose. Similar to September 2008 when the House failed to pass the bill. Let's just say there's a possibility that Mr. Paul might get his wish this time.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The fact that we even have a debt is due to fiscal irresponsibility.

Irresponsibility in making money:

Our country has mass resources available to them which can be sold to finance anything the country needs, but instead the land these resources are on are being sold to large corporations and foreign bodies which in turn mine and use up the resources for there own purposes.

Oh and don't forget that most of these companies mining our resources get large tax breaks because they "create jobs"

Irresponsibility in spending money:

- Illegal wars for the good of corporations
- Illegal currency not supplied by the United States treasury, but instead a private banks
- Money spent on things that are really not needed (such as the TSA scanners)
- Money paid to private corporations (such as haliburton) to do the things our own military and government can do themselves at a fraction of the price.
- "Lost" money / bad accounting.
- Tax cuts for the wealthy
- bail outs of badly run companies.

This list could go on and on.

Our government officials have caused this crisis, and have only gotten away with it through lies and misinformation.

If the average United States citizen know the corruption going on in our government, there would be riots and our own government would be quickly over thrown by it's own people.

The Federal Reserve banks and countries such as china are quickly taking over our county, it's land, and it's people.

We need to stop this, or we are all doomed.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Let's say he gets his wish. Would we then not go the route of Ireland and Greece and take out a ridiculous loan from yet another bank, the IMF?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This debt is phony, made up crap that need not be paid back or paid attention to. It is a fraud. Let the Rothchild's and their piece of crap bank collapse. Not one cent from the American citizens to their craven hands.

Just another scam to keep everyone beholden to a lie.
edit on 10-1-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

It means the US can't have any new debt period. It couldn't take any more loan from anyone, the way I see it. The government will have to cut spending.. it's basically bankruptcy for the US, they just don't want to say it out loud.
edit on Mon 10 Jan 11 by Jazzyguy because: misspell

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Yes yes, I've heard we will default on current loans and such, which as I have read will lead to an economic disaster far worse than '08.

I find it fascinating that the government is allowed by a third party money lender, to set their own credit limit. Could you imagine the consequences if we silly insignificant people were allowed to decide our credit limits?

edit on 10-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

Could you imagine the consequences if we silly insignificant people were allowed to decide our credit limits?

But you are allowed to. Both the debtor and the creditor are allowed to decide the size of the credit including the limit of course. It's just usually people (as the debtor) don't do that to themselves.
However since the US has the almighty dollar which is used globally, other countries such as china (the creditor this time) doesn't want to say how much is the size their credit limit that they assign for the US.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I am SICK AND TIRED of the narrative that we will default!

This argument is FALLACIOUS!

Let us say that we do NOT raise the debt limit. It does not mean we would default on ANYTHING! This is a LIE!

There are requirements in the regards to our obligations. These are laid out like in ANY bankruptcy contingency. Of course with the RECENT actions of our government, especially the Obama administration where they set aside the bankruptcy law and precedent, the whole argument is a STRAW MAN created for this action.

This was the FIRST time in national history where the US government did not enforce bankruptcy law. The Obama administration did not follow the law when they tookover the GM company. They allowed the union and their interests to sidestep law.

Tell me folks, are we a nation of LAWS or a nation of men?

When that happened, I personally decided that the LAW has been taken by men. If you want to argue the point, let us go at it. We have seen now, since the advent of the ObamaCare bill, that some are to be held to the law, where others are not. Tell me, what does this mean about the law? Does it mean that we are no longer governed by law? Yes it does.

We have become what our founders warned us about. A nation of men instead of laws. Where the government can decide who are the winners and who are the losers.

If you look into the newest financial protection laws created by the financial legislation, you will see that LAW has nothing to do with it. They have created a new bureaucracy that decides who is to follow the law and who does not have to follow the law.

Seems that the progressives have become REGRESSIVES. Where we are no longer ruled by law, but are ruled by fiat feudal systems.

Oh how far we have fallen!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

It is high time someone with the spirit of Andrew Jackson arises to rout out the den of vipers and eradicate them from our country.

Obama is holding the reins. Ron Paul is looking into it. Jesse Ventura just released a new book 'Don't start the revolution with out me'. Bipartisan support is important, clean military vital, social security ready.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
The fact that we even have a debt is due to fiscal irresponsibility

WRONG. You can only incur debt by borrowing. The US Constitution is quite clear about how the nation is to be funded. There is no mention of borrowing from a private bank in the Constitution.

That came about in 1913 thanks to a yellow spined president who sold his soul to the bankers. While he readily admitted such later....I still hope he's rotting in a VERY hot spot in hell.

I won't argue with your notion of fiscal irresponsibility since it has been that way for close to a century. My guess in the short term is that the mere mention of such truths will be considered antagonistic bordering on treason to those in the District of Criminals. Lord knows they can't have an aware populace or their house of cards will come tumbling down...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Before he make that vote, he better explain clearly what are the issues the common man will face with a debt ceiling and how they are to overcome their difficulties. Failure to do so will only lead to more confusion and pain. Less rhetorics, more roll up sleeves please.
edit on 11-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join