It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Sarah Palin is owed an Apology :Professor Bradly Smith

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

But Sara Palin didn't kill anyone. It doesn't seem fair to associate her with that.

Neither did Charles Manson. He never killed anyone either, however he was held responsible for those actions as well.

The only difference between Charles Manson and Sarah Palin is the amount of people in their flock.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by hadriana

The only difference between Charles Manson and Sarah Palin is the amount of people in their flock.

Now I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on that. Manson was giving his folks drugs,sleeping with them, keeping their kids and telling them in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS what to do.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Palin's cross hairs target and gun language comes from the western frontier culture up in Alaska. It is fine for there, but it shouldn't have been used down here in CONUS. That being said .. the democrats put out a very similar map with targets on it. They shouldn't have done that either. Both should admit wrongdoing and apologize to the public.

Everyone who immediately jumped on the 'blame Palin' bandwagon do indeed owe her an apology. They should apologize and retire from blathering in public because they obviously are just partisan morons.

The shooter did it because he was mentally unstable and obsessed with the congresswoman. He had been for years. The shooting had NOTHING to do with Palins target map. Nothing. If the idiots who came out saying it was because of 'right wing rhetoric' had actually waited for the investigation to get going, they would have saved themselves the embarrassment that they hold today.

Originally posted by whatukno

That's just foolish ignorance. It's wrong on so many levels .... :shk:

reply to post by whatukno

No, no one should have to 'put up with' a map with targets on it.
Best go talk to your buddies over at the Democratic Committee about the nearly same one THEY put out.
pajamasmedia.com...

[
edit on 1/11/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

OK, put the defibrillator on Standby as I agree with most of what you said except:

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Everyone who immediately jumped on the 'blame Palin' bandwagon do indeed owe her an apology.

The only ones owed an apology is the American public. We deserve better from our leaders on both sides. Sure nobody's perfect but we deserve leaders and politicians who have integrity and can work together regardless of party affiliation in the interest of bettering our great country. Since so many posters like to rattle off battle crys from the past, I got one for ya. "United we stand, divided we fall."

Back to Sarah, no apology from me. In the sentiment of my clients when I'm tasked to handle a crisis or revise a project gone awry by another vendor, "I know it's not your fault, but it's now your problem."

(ETA: Perhaps the citizens of Alaska who elected her are owed an apology since she bailed halfway through her duly elected position and failed to meet her obligation for the lure of fame and fortune.)

In the spirit of compromise, regards FF.

edit on 11-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: added comtent

edit on 11-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: tidy up

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
reply to post by sara123123

Obama said get in their faces and some people got beat up. That is horrible.
Sharon Angle suggested using a gun to remove democratically elected leaders from office and someone was shot in the face along with several other people. That is horrible.

Now I cannot help but think one of those is slightly more violent than the other. Not dismissing the former but can hardlt equate it with the latter.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

Well, since using metaphors of guns in a political battle seems worse to you than urging supporters to "get in their faces" you might notice Obama's quote above where he told his supporters "DON'T BRING A KNIFE TO A GUN FIGHT." In a literal sense, the President told his supporters to use a gun in the political struggle he is facing from the White House.

The point of this whole discussion for me is that Obama, Angle, and Palin were not being litteral in their political battle speech which is common and long standing in America. Obama did not intend for the people at his rally to litterally go out and beat up Tea Party members and shoot them. If I say "stick a fork in them. They are done.", I don't littlerally mean go to Congress and stick a fork in someone even though in a litteral sense that is a violent suggestion. If you are at a protest where they hang an effiagy of President Bush as the Left often did, that does not mean you want someone to go to the White House and litterally lynch the President. No one is responsible for the crimes of others, short of murder for hire or conspiracy or involvement in a crime that results in murder.

The Liberals who are attacking Palin and their Tea Party opposition know all this and they know they use the same age old political battle language as do the people they are attacking and shifting blame upon. They are doing this for political gain only and to advance their control over the First and Second Amendments. The Corporate media outlets involved in all the slander and demonizing are having a hard time competing in the news business with the Internet, talk radio and Fox News and this is their purpose - to give FCC an excuse to take their competition off the airwaves. They are all using the sorrow of victims and the sorrow of our country to gain political points and that is totally greedy, classless and dishonest. I hate to see good people be manipulated take it all for more than what it is.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think Governor Palin is partly responsible for the Air Wing Commander of Elmendorf AFB putting a cap into his skull.

Why'd she quit being Governor?

www.ktva.com/ci_14010172

$$$$$$$

Nobody owes Palin an apology. She owes somebody an apology.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No, no one should have to 'put up with' a map with targets on it.
Best go talk to your buddies over at the Democratic Committee about the nearly same one THEY put out.

Do you see NAMES associated with that map? Do you see specific names of representatives or senators or any political figure on that map? Tell me, do you? DO YOU? Find the original map and see if what your BLOG is true or just made up BS right wing extremist crap.

NO YOU DON'T and do you know WHY you don't see names of representatives or senators on that map? Because it's not a hit list!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Wuky, for the sake of clarity, I believe if you review the source it appears that when you "mouse over" or "click" the target icon, a politician pops up. (ETA: IN 2nd map.)

Inasmuch as you and I are birds of a feather, I just wanted to point that out.

edit on 11-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: add content

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
Well, since using metaphors of guns in a political battle seems worse to you than urging supporters to "get in their faces" you might notice Obama's quote above where he told his supporters "DON'T BRING A KNIFE TO A GUN FIGHT." In a literal sense, the President told his supporters to use a gun in the political struggle he is facing from the White House.

I suppose this quote should dispel the myth that Obama and the Dems are out to get our guns, huh?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Under the condition that the political opponents showed up with a knife. It was not, lets remove a seated official becaue they are a problem. It was, if they bring weapons, so will we. I do not think any gun talk is ok but I really hope you can understand the difference of degrees in statements between a conditional weapon clause and suggesting 2nd ammendment remedies. Sharon Angle was not using a metaphor in any manner.

The point of this whole discussion for me is that Obama, Angle, and Palin were not being litteral in their political battle speech which is common and long standing in America. Obama did not intend for the people at his rally to litterally go out and beat up Tea Party members and shoot them. If I say "stick a fork in them. They are done.", I don't littlerally mean go to Congress and stick a fork in someone even though in a litteral sense that is a violent suggestion. If you are at a protest where they hang an effiagy of President Bush as the Left often did, that does not mean you want someone to go to the White House and litterally lynch the President. No one is responsible for the crimes of others, short of murder for hire or conspiracy or involvement in a crime that results in murder.

I completely disagree. I have been asking someone to explain Angle's "metaphor" for quite some time now and no one can do that.

The Liberals who are attacking Palin and their Tea Party opposition know all this and they know they use the same age old political battle language as do the people they are attacking and shifting blame upon. They are doing this for political gain only and to advance their control over the First and Second Amendments. The Corporate media outlets involved in all the slander and demonizing are having a hard time competing in the news business with the Internet, talk radio and Fox News and this is their purpose - to give FCC an excuse to take their competition off the airwaves. They are all using the sorrow of victims and the sorrow of our country to gain political points and that is totally greedy, classless and dishonest. I hate to see good people be manipulated take it all for more than what it is.

Where have you been for the last two years when the right has been screaming about the terrorist Obama destroying out country and the tree of liberty being in need of blood?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Now I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on that. Manson was giving his folks drugs,sleeping with them, keeping their kids and telling them in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS what to do.

Manson never forced anyone to take drugs. How many of his family had children for him to keep? Sleeping with them? Uh...and? Charlie told some people to do some stuff. They did it. Why are you not worried about his right to free speech?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Not to defend either tactic from either side, but that lame Daily Kos thing with a bullseye target on it that someone's been posting everywhere in almost every topic about this in ATS as if to somehow prove somehow that the one side is just as evil as the other (which anyone with any modicum of intelligence already knows is evil no matter what "side" it comes from) is hardly the equivalent of putting a human being in the cross hairs of a rifle scope. The difference between a target (commonly used it both politics and business as something to hit...not necessarily with a bullet) and cross hairs is huge.
edit on 1/11/2011 by ~Lucidity because: needed to correct a typo...is ATS should have been in ATS.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sarah isn't owed an apology but she is in no way responsible either. Loughner may have acted out after seeing the latest shooting on the evening news that was glorified for ratings, no one knows. Dems had targets on a national poster in 2004 so anyone screaming about Sarah, a life long hunter, can't see past their own vitriol and hatred for the woman.

The real problem is the big govt, gun control or "population" control loons that will want to capitalize on this tragedy!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

As a title, she is allowed to keep it.
(google pause)
“"Governor" is one of those titles that you keep for life, even after leaving office. Same with "President­," and a few others:
www...­.formsofad­dress.info­/former.ht­ml”

edit on 11-1-2011 by beezzer because: typo

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

I suppose this quote should dispel the myth that Obama and the Dems are out to get our guns, huh?

This is so important that I am surprised you didn't get more stars. Really, we need to stop twisting Obama's words to say whatever we want him to say. Man, we're doing it in the same thread - "Liberals are going to talk about gun control because of this shooting, and man, Obama is such a violent, gun-loving guy!! Stupid liberals! Always the enemy!"

Please. This is just ridiculous. Everyone is just looking for anything they can use to dis on Obama, regardless of whether their arguments against him make any sense together whatsoever...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Attention: Political Madness

Please discuss the topic and not other members.
This thread needs to be toned down a notch or two, the name-calling ends NOW.

That also means no belittling, off topic posts, changing member names to make a point, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in warnings and/or post removals, up to and includin the thread being closed.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Posting Jokes, Ridiculing, Making Fun of Others in Threads...
edit on Tue Jan 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
The only ones owed an apology is the American public.

The American public deserves an apology from the rhetoric monsters from both sides.
Those wrongly accused of being the reason for the shooting also deserve an apology.
Palin shouldn't have put out what she did. But neither should have the Democratic party.
Both should be held accountable for their rhetoric, but
neither one of them should be blamed for what the whack in Arizona did.

We deserve better from our leaders on both sides.

Agreed.

Perhaps the citizens of Alaska who elected her are owed an apology since she bailed halfway through her duly elected position and failed to meet her obligation for the lure of fame and fortune.

She ditched them mid term. It was a damn pathetic thing to do.
She gets a big
for doing it. She definately isn't POTUS material.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
apology, how about we just sweep it under the rug and move along... We all know there's idiots on both sides, the one's that made baseless accusations are just part of that group.

Don't feed the political monster.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
After the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, Twitter users wish death on Sarah Palin. Please excuse any duplicates.

Twitter Users Wish Death on Sarah Palin

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

crazyness .

I just can't believe the political world.

I hope the FBI visits everyone of these punks... Not sure if that will help, as a lot of these people need mental help.
edit on 11-1-2011 by yourblank101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join