It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Others like Billy Meier?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hi,

I am curious is there are other cases that are similar to the Billy Meier case. Hoax or not, or maybe. I find much of the stuff in the Meier case to be very questionable, but truth aside, or unknown aside, I find his case and story to be very interesting. And models or not, he has some great photos, especially for the time when they were taken. I wonder why he has not produced any new photos? When was the last one? Still in the 70's?

But this thread is not about Meier. It's a question, if there are other cases like his, that also have photos or films, contact, revalations, etc.

The closest I have found is the George Adamski case, which, fake or not, I find more believeable than the Meier case. But again, this is not about Adamski.

What other cases out there, are in the scope and volume of these?

Thanks. Please give links if such exists.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Adamski's is pretty much the closest in similarity. You find him believable though? You should note, that he had actually already published a fictional book that closely resembles his alleged encounters...BEFORE those alleged encounters even took place...
In my opinion, he's even less credible than Meier.....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't flat out believe any of them, but I find them both compelling. When reading the messages from Semjase delivered to Meier, I just have a hard time believing it as true, I have the book, And Still... They Fly. It's interesting, but in a fantasy type of way, to me. Adamski, I did read he had a previous fiction book, but the message he conveys seems more "realistic". Maybe he just came from a more scientific view point, and Meier a more fantasical one. One thing, I think Adamski is right about, whether he just made this up or not, it makes sense to me, is the reason the Gov supresses UFOs, is they have free energy, and that's the last thing the Gov wants the masses to know of.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
All you need is a few cake tins, elaborate jello moulds, some silver and gold spray paint and some fishing gut.Oh and a camera.Then you can be your very own Billy Meier.Being completely deluded would be helpful too.

There are countless pathetic hoaxes out there, backed by wacky fantasy tales, created by some attention craving egomaniac or outright con-artist just like Billy Liar, sorry Meier.If Billy or any of the other idiots who create pathetic hoaxes have even a solitary scrap of proof of their claims, they should go and visit James Randi and present their findings and try and get that big fat cheque he has.But they won't.I'd bet my life on it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
The closest I have found is the George Adamski case, which, fake or not, I find more believeable than the Meier case. But again, this is not about Adamski.

There is AP Villa, a "1960s version of George Adamski" who also liked to take pictures of incubators and call them UFOs, here's one of his from 1963:
best-ufo-pictures.atspace.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa1232f0754f.jpg[/atsimg]

1963-Albaquerque, New Mexico. This picture was taken on the 16th of June 1963. The photograph was taken by A P Villa, a man that took numerous spectacular daylight photos at the time. Villa was, in effect, a 1960s version of George Adamski, who gained a big following in the 1950s with his spectacular tales of spaceships and trips around the Milky Way.
Is that a string I see it hanging by?

None of those three are credible. I don't think Adamski knew that the surface of Venus is over 800 degrees F, hot enough to melt lead which melts at 622 degrees F. So his stories about Venus seem even less credible knowing that.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
AP Villa, interesting. I'll look him up.
Well, fake or not, I enjoy seeing these types of photos more than the 100's of blinking light and balloon look a likes we have these days.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I know there are others who have had the experience, and written about it, like this fellow:
A Day with an Extraterrestrial Lou writes a good, readable story that is quite out of this world. If you wish to read Lou, but do not have his book, he is a member here, and this thread tells his story quite well...
Are extraterrestrials real? As real as the nose on your face
Sleeper, if you are reading this, greetings!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i believe billy is a contactee.

i dont believe in his religion though.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have been reading about billy mier's and his Pleadians and I have to say I am a believer but as I stated before on a topic ... it's all about love according to them(correct me if I'm wrong) however.... in this world its quiet impossible for me to love everyone, so much evil, too many lies and the list goes on

Does this mean that I'm screwed?^^

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

S&F. Sometimes it's worth posting a thread that deals with hoaxers and 'questionable' cases and people. Meier is certainly out there and king of his little niche. Adamski aside, L. Ron Hubbard is likely the closest to Meier in terms of international notoriety and financial success. He's hoaxed the asses of thousands.

The other similar story to Meier's is less well-known in the US than S. America and Western Europe. It's the UMMO story...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4ab02ac9aff.jpg[/atsimg]

Alien contacts, images and letters from planet UMMO have been part of the decades-old hoax.

UMMO -- a name to bewilder researchers with, yet one that delights the true believers. The full panoply of Ummite madness was never unleashed upon the United States, nor indeed the English-speaking world. The putative race of space-farers from the star Wolf 424 was partial to France and Spain, and its network of informants destined the bulk of its reports to recipients in these countries. One researcher has gone as far as to describe the whole UMMO experience as "Star Trek made flesh," a phrase which elegantly summarizes the legacy of millions of words left to us by visitors from another star system.
The UMMO story: Scott Corales

Random cool image...it'd make a great avatar!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb2ea6d5c020.jpg[/atsimg]

You can read some of the UMMO papers at this link...here! Here's some sample material...

THE CONCEPT OF SPACE When you look at yourself in the mirror, the image you see IS NOT IDENTICAL to what other people see when they look at you. Simply hold up a written page in front of a mirror to verify what you have known all the time but not given much thought to. The mirror seems to transpose left to right.

Not long ago, one of our brothers in the United States informed us that a North American writer had written a scientific book which posed the following: if a person sees their image inverted left to right in a mirror, then why isn't the image also reversed top to bottom, with the feet at the top of the image?

It seems that in the United States, only 2 % of the adults they asked could give a satisfactory answer. Only 38 % of a group made up exclusively of experts and students in Physics, Psychiatry and Mathematics could answer quickly.

This illustrates perfectly that if a great percentage of people of the Earth are not prepared to understand certain fundamental concepts in connection with space symmetry, vision and perception on the level of the brain, they will be even less able to understand and analyse proofs and demonstrations in connection with Higher Mathematics.

When two objects are symmetrical in relation to a plane, we say them that they are INNUO VIAAXOO (eniantiomorphic). It is easy to see that these two objects cannot be superimposed, although their morphological identity is obvious: you could yourself, on Earth, find thousands of examples (right shoe and left shoe, left-turning screw and right-turning screw, two ears, etc). Obviously, many INNUO VIAAXOO (enantiomorphic) bodies can be superimposed when their morphology is symmetrical.
From above link.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The photo you posted is not by Paul Villa from the 60's, it is the famous Henry Rowland's
flying saucer Adamski type photo taken by his brother in the 70's and discussed here.
Your source is wrong and also they made a bad retouch to the original.

Here is the real information and images of the Henry Rowland's photo.
www.neilslade.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

If pictures are optional you could count Alex Collier in.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

this may be bad form but i cant start a new thread...anyone seen the multiple sightings UFO over Murietta California this week?
its been on the news here (Ca)

www.youtube.com...

read the comments, lights splitting apart coming back together whizzing across the sky!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Adamski's is pretty much the closest in similarity. You find him believable though? You should note, that he had actually already published a fictional book that closely resembles his alleged encounters...BEFORE those alleged encounters even took place...
In my opinion, he's even less credible than Meier.....

I just viewe a very interesting DVD titled "SHADES OF GRAY" (2009) which I borrowed from the library. (Gray Barker stood at the heart of America's UFO phenomenon almost from its inception. His investigations led to the publication of his best selling book, “They Knew Too Much About Flying Saucers.” SHADES OF GRAY peels the layers away of one of the great American hoaxers of the twentieth century. Barker single-handedly created or perpetuated much of what is now the `gospel` of UFOs. This documentary strives to present a complete picture of a complicated, and ultimately influential, modern American myth-maker. He invented the idea of "Men In Black,")

In the documentary we are shown the small models that were used in the Adamski film(s). Adamski can not be compared with Meier. Adamski's photos could not pass muster while Meier fooled a lot of people until the age of the Internet where everyone was able to enhance photos beyond the limited '70s. Of course, Meier dug his own grave starting with the "birthday" or "wedding cake" photos and some of the really awful model photos. But he held court for a long time. Adamski was a one-trick phony (pony! :lol
and neither his tales nor his photos nor his films convinced anyone who had a brain!

Get "SHADES OF GRAY" and be ready to learn what very few know about UFOlogy.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by tom502

There is AP Villa, a "1960s version of George Adamski" who also liked to take pictures of incubators and call them UFOs, here's one of his from 1963:
best-ufo-pictures.atspace.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa1232f0754f.jpg[/atsimg]

1963-Albaquerque, New Mexico. This picture was taken on the 16th of June 1963. The photograph was taken by A P Villa, a man that took numerous spectacular daylight photos at the time. Villa was, in effect, a 1960s version of George Adamski, who gained a big following in the 1950s with his spectacular tales of spaceships and trips around the Milky Way.
Is that a string I see it hanging by?

None of those three are credible. I don't think Adamski knew that the surface of Venus is over 800 degrees F, hot enough to melt lead which melts at 622 degrees F. So his stories about Venus seem even less credible knowing that.

Oh, man, your reply brought back memories of the '60s when I used to have publications showing the Villa photos, especially the ones showing the "craft" between trees and the cable or wire or string that he used to suspend his models. But I just did a Google Images search and they didn't come up. The hoaxed photos did but not the ones showing the strings. He used the worst models as well as elegant ones.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
The photo you posted is not by Paul Villa from the 60's, ..
Your source is wrong and also they made a bad retouch to the original.

reply edited after doing research:

Thanks for the comment free spirit, but though your link calls it the Henry Rowland photo, it never says WHO the photographer is, just that Henry Rowland made a copy of it. What it says is this:

when the client finished paying him for the work he asked Henry, "Do you want to see a picture my brother took last week?"
So the photographer is the brother of Henry Rowland's client, not Henry Rowland. How do you know the client's brother isn't Villa?

I'm not saying it is, but I'm still doing some research on it.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Thanks Shrike this looks very good)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by tom502

S&F. Sometimes it's worth posting a thread that deals with hoaxers and 'questionable' cases and people. Meier is certainly out there and king of his little niche. Adamski aside, L. Ron Hubbard is likely the closest to Meier in terms of international notoriety and financial success. He's hoaxed the asses of thousands.

The other similar story to Meier's is less well-known in the US than S. America and Western Europe. It's the UMMO story...
(snip)

How's this for a little trivia on the UMMO symbol? I did a thread on the UMMO symbol possibly originating with an Italian aircraft from WWII:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
UMMO UFO symbol from 1940s Italian Air Force?
posted on 29-10-2009 @ 05:20 PM

I didn't know how to post photos on this forum so I supplied a link to a source with the photo of the airplane:
Savoia-Marchetti SM.79

Here is a photo of the airplane and you can see the similarity in the symbols. An additional bit of UMMO trivia: I had a photo of Jimi Hendrix wearing a UMMO button!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a36f28e4cc3a.jpg[/atsimg]

www.aviation-history.com...
Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 - Italy
The most important Italian bomber of World War II, this tough three-engined aircraft established a reputation that contrasted with most Italian weapons of the day, and it was flown with courage and skill.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well - there's also this Dr. Fred Bell character. His story is so convoluted that it's hard to even research. Let alone the fact that his books are huge textbooks. He definitely has legitimate scientific information to share - but it's mixed in with so much ambiguous and wacky stuff that it makes all of it seem like a scam.

He says that his first involvement with the government was by participating in MK-Ultra as a child. This I believe!

I also believe he was a contractor for many companies dealing with electronics technologies - and probably learned a lot from working on some covert operations. One of these operations appears to be the promotion of the friendly space brothers idea, and has even said many times publicly that he was in contact with the same Pleiadians (sp) as Billy Meier. And that these beings taught him all sorts of advanced sciences that have led him to create all sorts of bizarre devices and contraptions that you wear that somehow channel in more energies etc etc.

He does share genuine information at times though and has done some serious work on alternative health medicines. He also has a internet radio show and has interviewed and worked with victims of psychiatric medications such as the S.S.R.I. anti-depressants that were involved with the Columbine School shooters.

His testimony on covert operations was also included in the DISCLOSURE book from The Disclosure Project.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well, if I understand your query correctly, you simply enjoy researching these people and their claims far more than worrying endlessly whether they have been "proved" to be hoaxers. This is no bad thing.
I for one find Billys photos to be some of the most beautifully taken around and as I am unable to disprove them, just enjoy them for what they are.
So with that in mind have you looked into Stan Romanek's case? I recently watched a lecture given by him on Disclose.tv and found there is much more to him than just the peeping alien vid.
I'm at a point now where I'll watch anything and everything with an open mind and just enjoy the ride.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join