It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the heck are the moderators at? Everyone have the day off?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I've been a member here for several years, and read a LOT of posts, and I have NEVER seen a thread like this one here with so many short 1 liners, and even 1 word posts WITHOUT ANY moderator intervention. Look at the posts from page 39 to 57 to see what I'm talking about! It's ridiculous.

What's going on? Are the moderators taking the day off? Or is ATS under orders from the FBI/Law Enforcement to not interfere with those Jared Lee Loughner threads?

That thread is an embarrassment to ATS, so what gives? Where the moderators at?

edit on 10-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
I've been a member here for several years, and read a LOT of posts, and I have NEVER seen a thread like this one here with so many short 1 liners, and even 1 word posts WITHOUT ANY moderator intervention. Look at the posts from page 39 to 57 to see what I'm talking about! It's ridiculous.

What's going on? Are the moderators taking the day off? Or is ATS under orders from the FBI/Law Enforcement to not interfere with those Jared Lee Loughner threads?

That thread is an embarrassment to ATS, so what gives? Where the moderators at?

bottom left .. complain alert

it work trust me

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Are you kidding? I sent 1 alert, but to do it for all of them I would have to send 12 alerts per page for like 20 consecutive pages. No thanks, and besides, it's the job of the moderators to be taking care of these threads, not mine, I'm just a regular member.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

Are you kidding? I sent 1 alert, but to do it for all of them I would have to send 12 alerts per page for like 20 consecutive pages. No thanks, and besides, it's the job of the moderators to be taking care of these threads, not mine, I'm just a regular member.

there is a alert button in the same box where you give a flag to a thread
you can also alert it for the entire thread not just a few post
but im sure you knew that

edit on 1/10/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I was told long ago that the thread "Alert" is for the OP in general - like if someone is posting a hateful topic or something - not to complain about things going on elsewhere in the thread. But hey, what do I know?

Regardless, I shouldn't even have to do that - I mean there are literally hundreds of short posts in that thread, it's like reading the log from a chat room session.

So again, I ask, where are the moderators at?
edit on 10-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

As you've been told.
The alert feature allows you to write what you think is wrong in the thread..
The Mods WILL act if appropriate, just give them time..

They're not here at our beckon call, they have lives outside ATS, well some do I guess.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
it's easier to wait for the flood to ease off and clean the mess once the waters receed.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Naaw The Mods were around as myself and a few others got posters got posts deleted. Trust me they were there. Perhaps the mods have been taking a soft line on single line threads for some time.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

It depends on the content of the one liner....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Hahaha, for some reason or another, I cant star your post. But I do love the fact that it is one lined, and really.. all that needs to be said about the matter. Made me laugh anyway.

Ha, also, it says at the top to not post complaints here..
edit on 1/10/2011 by deanyo because: Didn't wanna make another short post..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Here we go... is this an attempt to show ATS in a bad light to help with the restricting of the internet ... and if not do you realise that's how this looks?
Who do you work for?! It's funny how this exact reaction was predicted in the thread you linked.

EDIT: It's not the threadI first thought it was, it's the green beak bird nonsense one... my point remains though. This reads like "ATS needs to be better CONTROLLED". Freedom of 1 liners should be in your constitution too.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Pr0t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It's 5AM, I'm going to have my coffee and THEN I'll look at the thread in question.

BTW... a one line sentence that adds to a discussion is NOT a one-liner infraction

This is>>>>

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
They're not here at our beckon call, they have lives outside ATS, well some do I guess.

You mean they are not here to serve us?

Ah Ha!

Explains the lousely service

Waiting around forever for my cuppa

I had to get up and make one myself!

No Tip for Mods

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
It's 5AM, I'm going to have my coffee and THEN I'll look at the thread in question.

BTW... a one line sentence that adds to a discussion is NOT a one-liner infraction

This is>>>>

My god, the Mods even have to make their OWN cuppa too

Thats Terrible!

Its BYO everything @ this cafe

edit on 10-1-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

This is>>>>

5am.and straight onto ATS duty??
Obviously one of the Mods that has a life..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0

EDIT: It's not the threadI first thought it was, it's the green beak bird nonsense one... my point remains though. This reads like "ATS needs to be better CONTROLLED". Freedom of 1 liners should be in your constitution too.

hahahahaha @ "freedom of 1 liners should be in your constitution too

(apologises for the one liner lol)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

I was told long ago that the thread "Alert" is for the OP in general - like if someone is posting a hateful topic or something - not to complain about things going on elsewhere in the thread. But hey, what do I know?

How long ago was that? Because it's patently wrong. It's for anything T&C related anywhere anytime.

Regardless, I shouldn't even have to do that - I mean there are literally hundreds of short posts in that thread, it's like reading the log from a chat room session.

Like I said... short posts are fine IF they add to the discussion.

So again, I ask, where are the moderators at?

Geez! When you posted this it was the middle of the night. What are we, your personal security or something?
I've seen some staff criticism before, but this one takes the proverbial cake... or is it blood pudding?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted by masqua

This is>>>>

posted by backinblack

5am.and straight onto ATS duty??
Obviously one of the Mods that has a life..

I know people who check to see if their lname is in the Obituary Section in newspapers before they get on with their day.... So I guess it could be like that?

Checking for:

BREAKING NEWS STORY

NEWS FLASH ... NEWS FLASH

"Today is the last day of planet earth"

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Geez! When you posted this it was the middle of the night. What are we, your personal security or something? I've seen some staff criticism before, but this one takes the proverbial cake... or is it blood pudding?

Enough with the lame excuses already..
It's an international site..
It wasn't the middle of the night where I am..
And how much sleep does a mod need anyway??

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15

I know people who check to see if their lname is in the Obituary Section in newspapers before they get on with their day.... So I guess it could be like that?

*Checks local news site*

Nope. I'm still kicking

Checking for:

BREAKING NEWS STORY

NEWS FLASH ... NEWS FLASH

"Today is the last day of planet earth"

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

NOT before I have my coffee!!!

Then I'll run.

edit on 10/1/11 by masqua because: bb code because I'm still not awake

new topics

top topics